Author Topic: Fire in Brazil: At least 233 dead...  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Apokura

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 79
    Defense: 68
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 6
  • What a horrible night to have a curse!
Fire in Brazil: At least 233 dead...
« on: January 29, 2013, 03:41:09 PM »
Yeah guys, very bad news around here. There was a fire in a clubhouse resulting in at least 233 people, most of which graduating or just graduated, dead. Pretty much every newspaper, radio, and TV news are covering it around here, and I heard it hit the New York Times, but I'm not sure about the last one.

Anyway, thing started out like this: in a clubhouse named KISS, which only had 1 door which was locked and no emergency exits, and was supposed to fit at most 800 people or so, there were over 2000 people. So, there was this show, and the stupid vocalist with a flare gun shot up, and instead of a cute light show, it hit the ceiling, starting a fire. He tried to put it out with water, which didn't work, and some security dude tried to put it out with an innapropriate extinguisher which didn't work, either.

When they saw it wasn't working, the crowd began to run to the door. The people closer to the door were kept by the security from leaving. Initial rumours were they didn't let the people out because the people had to pay their tabs; According to one of the survivors, that isn't true. They did so because they didn't know it was a fire and fought it was some kind of fight, but when they noticed it was a fire, they helped by unlocking the door, taking out some of the security grates and pulling people out.

So far, at least 233 died, with more 80 or so being left in dangerous state. 2 of the band members were temporarily arrested, as well as 2 owners of the club. The police didn't find the camera images yet, and the owner claims that "they were broke and sent for repairs". That story still hasn't been checked. The vocalist claimed he didn't use any pyrotechnic effects, but witnesses, including 2 hired band members, have proven otherwise.

That's all for now. I'll add in on the subject if I get any other news.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
Re: Fire in Brazil: At least 233 dead...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »
Captain Hindsight would bring us clarity

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
Re: Fire in Brazil: At least 233 dead...
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 12:27:30 AM »
Graduating or graduated...

I'm sure those lives are worth more than anothers. Fuck humanity.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal