Author Topic: [IP] Block Story Review - NekoBot  (Read 2371 times)

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
[IP] Block Story Review - NekoBot
« on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »
Now, what I think about Block Story~ I enjoy the game very much. I dont see why ot gets hashed so hard all the time. If im correct the game is a mashup of the popular indie sandbox game minecraft and the game Marrowind.

Performance
It runs very clean and smooth on the kindle although I do wish the joypad option for walking was static and didn't move to a differant part of the screen... Id give it a 9.5/10

Difficulty,
 Block Stories difficulty isn't ridicuosly hard, but the learning curve can use alot of improvement. For example, someone who plays minecraft would want to explore before settling down would run into enemies that will kill them within seconds.... whereas someone to an rpgique upbringing would find gathering resources a bit tedious to go fight stuff. All in all though its prettygood. Id give it a 8/10

Graphics,
 Stunning, simply stunning, the only inconsistances would be those npcs that use cell shading such as Mr. Goblin(?) And Ted Id give it 9.5/10

Gameplay,
Gameplay runs pretty smoothly although at times it can be difficult and confusing. One thing I noticed though is sometimes the hitbox for large enemies such as dragons are rather small. They can also hit you from at least four blocks away whereas you must be withen two I believe.... Finding the shadow merchant was very tedious for me as I had to travel a couple thousand meters and to the summit of an emtreame snowy hills biom(?) To find him. I give it an 8/10

Aftergame
 After the completion of all the quest (I believe there's close to 25) thew not much else to do in story mode... I believe it might be better if more quest were added to give more to do as once quest are finished there's not much to do... I give it 7/10 Overall (42/50) or an 84%
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:06:42 PM by Toffee » »

Offline Toffee

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • Whatevs.
Re: [IP] Block Story Review - NekoBot
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:09:15 PM »
Changed the title to follow board rules and to indicate which system this game is on. Hope you don't mind.

Anyways, a pretty quick and efficient review. Kinda interested in seeing a game that has minecraft and morrowing elements in it. Unfortunately I don't have an Iphone or tablet so I can't play it... :(

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
Re: [IP] Block Story Review - NekoBot
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:49:11 PM »
Changed the title to follow board rules and to indicate which system this game is on. Hope you don't mind.

Anyways, a pretty quick and efficient review. Kinda interested in seeing a game that has minecraft and morrowing elements in it. Unfortunately I don't have an Iphone or tablet so I can't play it... :(

Its on the computer as well~

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal