Author Topic: Who's your favorite artist of all time?  (Read 4115 times)

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
Who's your favorite artist of all time?
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:26:50 AM »
What's your favorite artist of all time? Tell a little about them and the musike c:

For me its röyksopp

(Sorry below is straight form the wiki, was pressed for time)

Röyksopp (Norwegian pronunciation: [ˈɾøʏksɔp]) is a Norwegian electronic music duo from Tromsø, formed in 1998. Since their inception, the band's line-up has included Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland.

Berge and Brundtland were introduced to each other through a mutual friend in Tromsø, Norway. They both enjoyed the same films, music and both shared an interest in electronics. The two experimented with various forms of electronic music, and bought a drum machine together during the Tromsø techno scene before going their separate ways. Several years later, the two met up again and formed Röyksopp during the Bergen Wave. After experimenting with different genres of electronic music, the band solidified their place in the electronica scene with their 2001 debut album, Melody A.M., released on the Wall of Sound record label.

Röyksopp has consistently experimented with various genres pertaining to electronica. Stylistically, the band makes use of various genres, including ambient, house music, synthpop and African-American sounds. The band is also known for its elaborate concert performances, which often feature eccentric outfits.

Since their 1998 debut, the duo has gained critical acclaim and popular success around the world. To date, Röyksopp has been nominated for one Grammy Award, won seven Spellemannprisen awards, performed worldwide tours, and produced albums which have topped the charts in several countries, including four consecutive number-one albums in their native Norway.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:36:20 AM by Mizari » »

Offline Joel16

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 98
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 8
  • Be lost in an eternal illusion.
      • Joel16's Projects
Re: whats your favorite artist of all time?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »
I'd say Eminem x:
I mean after a rough life, this guy's lyrics means a lot :L you gotta give him credit. After all he did win 13 grammies  ;)

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:02:13 PM »
I'd say Eminem x:
I mean after a rough life, this guy's lyrics means a lot :L you gotta give him credit. After all he did win 13 grammies  ;)
I second this

Offline Joel16

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 98
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 8
  • Be lost in an eternal illusion.
      • Joel16's Projects
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:26:48 PM »
I'd say Eminem x:
I second this
Iloveyou.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal