• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
FIRST!
« on: June 03, 2013, 04:03:15 AM »
This is a thread to be all nostalgic and stuff. What's the first anime you've seen?
Or first few?
Did you finish it?

The first anime I saw was probably either Pokemon or Inuyasha.
I didn't get really big on anime until I was about 11-12, but I used to watch episodes of those two whenever they were on. My mother also used to buy me VHS tapes(HAH nostalgia to the maxx) of pokemon whenever we went to the thrift shop. I had like 30 tapes but I was forced to give them to my little cousin. Not like she'd do anything with them, she doesn't even have a VHS player! But yeah, I miss them lots ;_;
Inuyasha was a bit different. When I was about 10, there were several DVDs being sold for $1 and I got a bunch of them because I knew of the series from the TV and yeah.
I still have those, btw.
Anyway, those are my stories. : D

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
Re: FIRST!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:18 AM »
Of course, the first thing I saw on TV was Pokemon, but I never actively followed it.

The first I actually put time and effort into will remain my favorite forever.

Bleach :3

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 04:10:52 AM »
Apart from the typical Pokemon which was dubbed and available almost everyday on Tv, I guess it comes to no real surprise that my first subbed anime was NGE, my brother had lent it from a friend and it was the first time I had ever watched an anime that had real violence in it. Though I didn't watch all of the episodes since he watched it every day and I only watched it with him when I got back from school, I must have been like 6 or 7. I didn't rediscover it till I was like 15 though, until then, completely forgot about it and had no real interest in anime.
Now it just serves as a connection between me and my brother, since now we're worlds apart.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:14:21 AM by Mr.PowPow » »

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »
my verry first anime whas shakugan no shana season 1. It whas fun but after the first season it got a bit to girly for my liking. So I dropped it.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 08:34:37 PM »
I don't really remember. Though some of the ones I watched/followed the earliest were Ranma 1/2, Pokemon, DBZ, YuYu Hakusho(under the title "Ghost Fighter") Hamtaro, UFO Baby and Gakuen Alice (Alice Academy).

I'm not a guy who really cares about nostalgia, and I feel Pokemon sucks--right from the first season. Hamtaro, DBZ, YuYu Hakusho and UFO Baby are average, while I think Ranma 1/2 and Alice Academy are excellent. You might think how a guy like Fisty could care about a teen romance like Alice Academy...let's just say things were different back then.  ;D

EDIT: Initial D was one of the first I cared about too. It help me build a healthy respect for older cars. Heck, I like most older cars to newer ones.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:03:56 AM by FiST » »

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 05:36:08 PM »
My first was Pokemon, of course. I was bought the first few VHS tapes of it when I was a toddler.

Finish it? lol no

I only really got into anime was when I was in the later years of elementary school, I think. Either that or junior high. That was when we got cable and with it Animax, the channel that only airs anime. I remember watching Chobits, Gensomaden Saiyuki, GTO, and all kinds of anime I probably shouldn't have been watching at such a young age.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal