Author Topic: What's your gamer style?  (Read 2063 times)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
What's your gamer style?
« on: June 06, 2013, 06:43:58 PM »
http://arpegi.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/my-gamer-style-whats-your-style/

Based on the article yesterday, what's your gamer style?

How do you prefer to play games? Which genres? And what are some memories of gaming you have? Not like you played game X or Y and had fun but that you once had a group of friends that went to competitions and such.

Share them here.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
Re: What's your gamer style?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
I prefer games that have a definitive "end", possibly with some sort of meter that tells me how much I've completed the game. I like games telling me what to do and fulfill each and every objective/mission/challenge it throws at me.

Also, I have a hard time sticking with "open" games that go on for as long as you're willing to play it, such as Minecraft. It probably wouldn't be a problem for me if I could access the online aspect of gaming, but unless the infrastructure of my country's internet suddenly gets a lot better or I somehow get rich quick, that aspect of gaming is mostly out of my reach. I'm not much of an online gamer, anyway.

I'm not very competitive when it comes to gaming with other people. I'm usually up for it if someone wants to play against me, but don't expect me to gloat if I win or get upset if I lose.

Oh, and I flat out refuse to play games where people can just buy their way into getting "better" at the game, such as most MMOs or social/mobile games. Because fuck those types of games.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 07:31:25 PM »
Competition all the way! whether online or with friends... or both.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »
A wide range I think. I'm not all that into a story, but a good story is cool. I loved WoW, in which you had a choice between competitiveness (PVP) or "story" (PvE).

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 08:24:52 PM »
I don't stick to a particular genre per say, I prefer games that have some moral or emotional substance to it however. I like to play a game and feel like my perception on the world has been changed, or that I have learned or felt something I never knew before. I avidly seek enthralling plot and I will go as far as to say that I value the story of a game over the gameplay itself.

Of course, if I'm looking for gameplay aspects, I seek a challenge. Though I'm not big on competitive gaming, at least not with people I know. I prefer to test myself alone. Which is why I love difficult RPGs that require lots of grinding and beat 'em ups. I'm not a casual gamer, which is why I hate the Wii or various nintendo games.

Any game that offers those elements I will play and enjoy, it doesn't really matter what genre they belong to.

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 08:15:20 AM »
I just go through every game as quick as possible shooting/killing everything in my way with the biggest weapon I can find. Fuck stealth and conversations, they're for pussies with smaller weapons.

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 09:16:54 AM »
I don't stick to a particular genre per say, I prefer games that have some moral or emotional substance to it however. I like to play a game and feel like my perception on the world has been changed, or that I have learned or felt something I never knew before. I avidly seek enthralling plot and I will go as far as to say that I value the story of a game over the gameplay itself.
^Mostly this.

Though if you ask me about gameplay, I prefer the difficulty be easy enough to not stress myself out and be difficult enough to keep me on my toes. Basically, I hate losing too many times as much as winning too easily.

About the genre: For Pete's sake, don't give me fighting games and any game that would require you to memorize movesets. I would only button-mash my way through.

As much as possible, I prefer to play alone.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal