Author Topic: Overprotective Dad D:  (Read 2613 times)

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
Overprotective Dad D:
« on: July 08, 2013, 06:15:52 AM »
So this is a bit of a rant as well as me asking for help, so I'm not quite sure where to put it ._.
As you may or may not know, I rant about my dad a lot via blogs and random threads. Usually I'd have a really biased, negative viewpoint because it'd be right after an argument or something, however I'd like to prevent that this time .____.

The deal is... My friend(you all should know her as 1-Up or... Nancy) asked me to accompany her and her family to go visit their hometown... place... thing. no... not in Mexico..
Due to my lack of previous close friendships, this technically is the first time anyone has asked me to go anywhere with them for longer than 24 hours ._.

I asked my dad a bit earlier when she and I proposed the idea of going, and he outright said no before I said anything else, so I left it there.
And I know why, too. It's because I'm not close with my family at all and my father thinks that spending more time with them would make it better. I don't think it would, because forcing me to be with them all the time kinda... just makes it worse.. .__. I don't feel comfortable around my family at all, even though I've been with them since.. well.. birth ._.
Although I'd like to spend more time with them, it's hard to get over this uh... for lack of a better word, fear of being around my family.
I'm not trying to say that it's not my fault or anything, because it is. I don't know how to go about fixing it though.
And I'm conflicted about going with Nancy and her family, because if I go, that'd just make the relationship between my family and I so much worse,
but I've never been anywhere with a close friend, which is why I consider myself not to have a best friend. I just don't have the freedom to have one.

I really don't know what to do about this one, because Nancy's family is going the same week that my family goes to Las Vegas. My dad thinks it'll bring me closer to the family, but I already consider myself close in some weird, twisted way. I mean, I spend a fuckload of time with my family. I'm just bad with conversation.

Not that I have a choice at the moment. My dad already said no, but I sort of want to convince him to let me go. In all honesty, I would love to go with Nancy, but the obedient part of me says I should just go with my family and doesn't want the trouble of convincing my dad.

Oh, and because my mom doesn't want to argue with my dad for my sake, she'd just go along with what he says, so I'm alone on this one, even if she believes I should be able to go, she won't say it.

So tl;dr, help me guys, what do I do about my dad/family? D:

Offline Apokura

• Attack: 79
    Defense: 68
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 6
  • What a horrible night to have a curse!
Re: Overprotective Dad D:
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:11:30 AM »
Hm, I'm not a pro at family business, but I say stay out of this one. Tell Nancy you'll try to go next time, and tell your parents that you're not going to spend time with them. Do spend time with them, and try to plant the idea of letting you go into your father's head, so you can go next time, if there is one.

Or just convince your father to let you go, and then spend time with them later. Whatever you think will work out best. xD But try to gain the trust of your parents, and do spend a lot of time with them - that way, you'll be able to go away when you want to.

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:16:20 PM »
Well since I still have two weeks until the trip, I can use this time to spend time with my family and stuff and ask again whenever.
And then I can do so after the trip too! : D I live with them after all. ._. I can spend time with them whenevers! :3

I don't think they'd trust me though. It's an asian thing I guess; trust and stuff comes with age.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • UwU
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »
Well since I still have two weeks until the trip, I can use this time to spend time with my family and stuff and ask again whenever.
And then I can do so after the trip too! : D I live with them after all. ._. I can spend time with them whenevers! :3

I don't think they'd trust me though. It's an asian thing I guess; trust and stuff comes with age.
Lol don't go to the trip.It'll be better for ya.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 07:07:16 PM »
That sucks.

My dad is actually underprotective and barely cares about my and my sister. But if you need a talk, feel free to call me up on Skype.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »
I'll talk to you about this when you get home.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 10:54:20 PM »
I'll talk to you about this when you get home.
Good, then I don't have to worry about this. Thanks broski of taking so good care of her.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal