Author Topic: Assassin's Creed  (Read 5447 times)

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
Assassin's Creed
« on: August 14, 2013, 06:24:11 PM »
***SPOILERS MAY BE AHEAD***

I just finished playing through all the main games, and I thought to make a discussion thread, specifically for the several questions I or anybody else may have about the series.

First off: RANTS
(click to show/hide)
Secondly, QUESTIONS
(click to show/hide)
AND LASTLY: WHAT THEY SHOULD DO:
(click to show/hide)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Re: Assassin's Creed
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »
Blindshot will jizz all over this thread.

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »
I like the first one but it was too repetitive, the second game was better but didn't excite me. I haven't played any others.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »
I liked the first game because it was grounded and realistic, they've slowly been tarnishing that. The gameplay has improved each time but the story is just....guh, its like butt-aids :/

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 10:34:32 PM »
:D well first of all. YES I AM addicted to this game. Secondly yes desmond didn't develop that much but he did get all the skills ezio got. So iff there would be a game about desmond alone then you would see how much he developed. Then there are the controls I liked the controll layout of the assassins creed I until revelations. The layout was awesome and if there were changes there weren't that big so they changed the game. But starting from assassins creed III It is more a quick time event game then anything else. the combat is jus not that much fun anymore as it used to be. So I fear a litle bit for the 4th one. But that will not stop me to not buy it. I already pre-orderd it. so yeah. Also the looks of kenway was indeed overdone the details were nice but there were way too many details. The fun thing about games is that they do not follow the logic that much. having the idea of showing all the weapons on the character is just too much for my liking. Also there are way too manny bugs in the games as it should be in games for now. Sometimes they help you but not every time. What causes you to not be able to progress. Well I'll end it here I guesse. dont wanna crash my pc... haha Because if I had the time I would continue for about 2 houres of writing.

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:41:40 PM »
Can you do us a tl;dr version?

I kid, but I don't share your love, it's all too repetitive for me. I can see the potential though, maybe after AC2 it got better.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 01:18:48 AM »
I get too involved with storylines so that I barely pay attention to any other parts. Hell I barely pay attention to how the story is built.

The gameplay of 2 was a lot better than 1 though. Brotherhood wasn't much of an improvement but it didn't dissappoint me.

I have yet to play Revelations & others

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 04:17:15 AM »
All were good IMO the only great ones were II and III

ACI showed promise in the series
ACB was fun but had a weak story. Loved how it introduced Brotherhood system. Hated that I couldn't trawl between cities like in the other games
ACR was pretty much ACB with different time location and story.

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 07:42:30 AM »
ACII remains the best, IMO. It was a coming of age story as well as revenge. Compared to ACI, the gameplay vastly improved.

ACIII was a cluttered mess, meanwhile. The battle system wasn't boring. The story and presentation was. There's so much to do, I don't know where exactly to start. I couldn't understand how the fast travel worked. The bartering felt rather complicated contrast to the Ezio Trilogy's "Pay for this and you get something back". Connor was such a naive character, it wasn't even funny.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 10:53:25 AM »
meh.I can't even play any of the games other than the first one.

why is ac2 so high qualitied?

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 11:51:13 AM »
Because AC1 has nothing more than a repetitive, step-by-step gameplay. Find target? Check. Find something more about target? Check. Sabotage target in some way or other/Lure out target? Check. Seek out target? Check. Eliminate.

It had so much potential that wasn't realized at that time. For one, the storyline was mediocre. It was basically "Kill these (x) men and you get your prize.", which had quite a minor twist in the end. Another was the wasted gameplay opportunities. You have running, climbing, jumping from a building and into a haystack. And for what? Running away from enemies that you better off dispatching and sightseeing cities, which are plagued by these blue foggy "glitches" that might as well be removed. Don't EVEN get me started on that VOICE. Why, for fuck's sake, do you voice a Syrian assassin with an American accent? It doesn't make sense especially when the rest of the cast has a non-American accent. The music is also somber and dull.

All these issues were addressed at ACII. For starters, you have a storyline of revenge. The main character is so young and aggressive, you'll actually relate to him alot, contrast to the stoic and professional Altair. He grows as a character as years pass him by, from a naive young killer to a professional lone master assassin. You have other missions other than the step-by-step process stated above like racing. OMG racing. And stealing. Since the Assassin Order lacks any social structures at the moment, you, Ezio, personally have to find out who you're going to kill and for some unspecified reason, you WILL want to kill them as well. The accents are also appropriate for the setting. And the music. Oh God, the music. Listen to this.

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »

I kid, but I don't share your love, it's all too repetitive for me. I can see the potential though, maybe after AC2 it got better.

well starting from ac2 it gets better the only down point is that starting from brotherhood you can buy a crossbow and parachutes ( parachutes only when you have played all the davinci's war machines missions) but from the moment you want to jump from one roof to another and you notice that you won't make it. You easily use the parachutes. crossbow is just way to op it can kill any enemy with just one bolt.

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 12:27:44 PM »

well starting from ac2 it gets better the only down point is that starting from brotherhood you can buy a crossbow and parachutes ( parachutes only when you have played all the davinci's war machines missions) but from the moment you want to jump from one roof to another and you notice that you won't make it. You easily use the parachutes. crossbow is just way to op it can kill any enemy with just one bolt.
For starters, AC: Brotherhood has multiplayer. (YAY!) I heard it's pretty addicting. The assassin helpers are a welcome addition to the gameplay too. But beyond that? I don't think there's anything at all. Minor tweaks in gameplay, etc etc. It's practically ACII with a new costume, if you remove the assassin helpers and separate storyline. AC: Revelations is also the same. But the gameplay addition would be the hookblade (Nothing much, really.) and the bomb-crafting (I can finish the game without it, but it's hard not trying to be all fancy with explosives.)

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 01:10:49 PM »
Because AC1 has nothing more than a repetitive, step-by-step gameplay. Find target? Check. Find something more about target? Check. Sabotage target in some way or other/Lure out target? Check. Seek out target? Check. Eliminate.

It had so much potential that wasn't realized at that time. For one, the storyline was mediocre. It was basically "Kill these (x) men and you get your prize.", which had quite a minor twist in the end. Another was the wasted gameplay opportunities. You have running, climbing, jumping from a building and into a haystack. And for what? Running away from enemies that you better off dispatching and sightseeing cities, which are plagued by these blue foggy "glitches" that might as well be removed. Don't EVEN get me started on that VOICE. Why, for fuck's sake, do you voice a Syrian assassin with an American accent? It doesn't make sense especially when the rest of the cast has a non-American accent. The music is also somber and dull.

All these issues were addressed at ACII. For starters, you have a storyline of revenge. The main character is so young and aggressive, you'll actually relate to him alot, contrast to the stoic and professional Altair. He grows as a character as years pass him by, from a naive young killer to a professional lone master assassin. You have other missions other than the step-by-step process stated above like racing. OMG racing. And stealing. Since the Assassin Order lacks any social structures at the moment, you, Ezio, personally have to find out who you're going to kill and for some unspecified reason, you WILL want to kill them as well. The accents are also appropriate for the setting. And the music. Oh God, the music. Listen to this.

I meant Graphics wise.The insane graphics wise!
My laptop can support Bioshock Infinite,Skyrim,Dragon Age Origins.
But not this.
Nope AC2 gets about 4-7 fps on my comp

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 01:23:10 PM »

For starters, AC: Brotherhood has multiplayer. (YAY!) I heard it's pretty addicting. The assassin helpers are a welcome addition to the gameplay too. But beyond that? I don't think there's anything at all. Minor tweaks in gameplay, etc etc. It's practically ACII with a new costume, if you remove the assassin helpers and separate storyline. AC: Revelations is also the same. But the gameplay addition would be the hookblade (Nothing much, really.) and the bomb-crafting (I can finish the game without it, but it's hard not trying to be all fancy with explosives.)

well I think they put the most of there time in the multiplayer. I played it 3 day's in a row and it is really addicting. It a lot of fun and you need to earn abbilities by leveling up. the max level you can get is 50. wich is if you are good in stealth not difficult at all to get. The fun thing about the multiplayer is that it isn't only you and up to max 7 players but there are also a few hundred npc's walking around. So you really need to find your target + the several game modes are a lot of fun. especially man hunt

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 01:44:02 PM »
I meant Graphics wise.The insane graphics wise!
My laptop can support Bioshock Infinite,Skyrim,Dragon Age Origins.
But not this.
Nope AC2 gets about 4-7 fps on my comp
Ohh. I imagine it's because of the NPCs + extra animations. I have no idea, really. :\

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 03:50:12 PM »
I have to disagree with Blood on everything he said on ACIII except what he said about the Connor character

ACIII had a great story IMO and fast travel is explained in the beginning of the Connor portion of the story when he first goes to Boston with Achilles

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
I have to disagree with Blood on everything he said on ACIII except what he said about the Connor character

ACIII had a great story IMO and fast travel is explained in the beginning of the Connor portion of the story when he first goes to Boston with Achilles
Maybe I wasn't as captivated because the Ezio Trilogy had this charismatic feel that ACIII didn't have. I think the setting didn't quite get to me. I live on the other side of the globe, after all.

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 05:12:24 PM »

it had a great storry and everything to be a good game but they just didn't pull it off for me. Normally I finish every assassins creed game in 2 weeks. But ACIII well I still have to finish it. I think the most fun thing to do in the whole game is just hunting animals.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 06:17:57 PM »
Plus the gameplay runs much smoother than the other AC games. Gone is the need to hold X or A to free-run and jumping or stopping at small objects. Now R1/RB makes him free run and he moves around small object and jumping over logs and such had been made much quicker. Plus the new battle animations are awesome and Connor's running looks more real as opposed to Ezios and Altair. Plus running around treetops was a neat addition. And the god-awful hold fast walk to steal is gone.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:19:28 PM by Austin » »

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »
nop man that's were you are wrong. it is rt on the xbox also it is annoying because if you want to jump from one roof to another you have to press the A button to make connor jump. instead of just pressing rt and A wich made the game a bit more easier to free run. I have to admit though that it ads a certain challenge and it is alot of fun to be finnaly able to parkour with the help of trees. nah that was fun the fast walk to steal. you could dissapear in an instant. But the fun part about pick pocketing now is that you can do it several times on the same person. The movements did indeed improve to the good wich is nice. But I still do not like that they changed almost all of the controls and the over use of guns.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal