Author Topic: CreepyPasta #2: Do you believe it.  (Read 5895 times)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
CreepyPasta #2: Do you believe it.
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:04:16 PM »
Since I’m a very lazy person, I often pirate games. Sadly enough, that brings sometimes pesky malware with it. You probably have experienced it. Computer going really slow or doing the weirdest things. But after removing various pieces of malware, I actually got interested. How where they made and such things?

From that day, I watched people on the internet letting malware loose on their virtual machines. Some I found really funny. Like one where the worm starts creating millions upon millions of files to get the hard drive full. So, that you barely have space to work with.

But I wanted to write one myself for my favorite YouTuber to try out. I wanted to make it special. So, I studied coding languages day and night. To make sure it was one to never forget. After I got used to coding programs, the idea for the malware was the hardest part. I couldn’t come up with any great ideas. Until it came to me while watching a let’s play of some random crappy flash games.

I regret writing it. It caused a lot of destruction. Even I am afraid of my creation myself. And don’t worry, this isn’t a hoax or anything. I am not connected to a company like Avast or ESET to say you need an anti-virus to protect you from this piece of malware that will melt your computer because you opened a mail with the subject “I Love You.” Oh no, I just wish it was that simple actually.

I’m here to give you a fair warning. This malware can be traumatizing. I even heard stories in the news of some suicides. My deepest regrets and sympathies to the families and friends affected by my malware. But it’s up to you to not believe me. Do you believe it? Great, another human saved. Do you think I’m just writing this to scare you? Well, too bad for you, since it’s actually very real.

The malware is actually meant to give pirates a good scare. But I went too far. I even fear that somebody might have messed with my code. Like someone on of the countless forums I asked for help to get rid of bugs in my code.

The malware can take any shape. Of a rom, iso, dll file even as an emulator. One thing you can recognize it is as the file has a broken icon for some seconds. It’s not your computer lagging out, it’s actually the malware masking itself. One of the features I am proud of.

Once you are infected, the malware goes inside your games and actually messes with the coding. There will be a character in the game that makes predications. Spoilers as it were. Pulled from walkthroughs hosted on GameFaqs and similar sites. That might be mildly annoying but it doesn’t end there.

Some enemies will be more difficult and graphics might glitch out. Once these symptoms start showing I advise you to delete all your games and just factory reset your computer. To kill the malware. But if you don’t, it will only grow from here on out.

The malware will actually look for a microphone. And when you shout to a game or say that you want something cool to happen, it might actually make it happen. But it’ll cost you. Most likely the prices of the in-game items will go up to give an example. This was one of the hardest parts to code.

I also programmed something in that made games run slow if something about the devil or evil things are mentioned. It’ll slow down voice acting and give it a lower pitch so that it will sound demonic. While testing, I swear that I felt that there might be real demons inside my games. Maybe there actually were.

I remember myself saying then that I imaged that how scary it would be if the malware actually looked for real demons. And that’s the moment I regret. I’m now afraid that my coding actually pulled in real demons. But while coding it, I actually shook it off. Thinking that it might help the scare I wanted to create. Yeah, those sick jokes you make when being bored at a late night.

Back then I didn’t believe demons could be real. It was just a way to scare people or to explain in these creepy stories how the unexplainable things happened. But when I read the stories, I actually read some things that made me believe that demons might be real. Spirits with high anger that passed away and want to do us harm.

One girl said that she wanted like in Pokémon HeartGold, that her Pickachu followed her everywhere. And the malware heard her plea. And the Pickachu started following the player everywhere. Not disappearing in when surfing or being healed. And the Pokémon started to pop up in all her other games. Making shooters and such more difficult since she could never hid herself. And scary and odd textures would go on the Pickachu since other game codes don’t have that programmed.

Other boy talked about the possible fears he had if some bad guy from Devil May Cry entered the real world. And the malware listened. In random games, people where sliced in half by those enemies with big knives as arms. My apologies to the fans of Devil May Cry, I only looked at screenshots so I don’t know the name of those enemies.

A girl that lived in Germany had another scary thing happening to her. There the malware listened when she was playing Slender. To this day, she is haunted by random encounters with the Slender man. And sometimes she could only unlock her computer after finding 8 pages in maze of folders on her desktop. And the folders didn’t had the normal icons. They had all the icons of those bushes in the Pokémon games. Making it look like a forest. And if she failed, her mouse would be cut in half by some monster with a knife as an arm.

Wait, hold on. Can it be? The first incident was with Pokémon and the following incidents where with the previous games included. Oh dear, the malware is growing. Combing. Learning.

I did program one way to end it for good. On hard to reach places, there is a guy that will make predictions of the malware’s next move. And then he’ll say: “Do you believe it?” And if you say yes, the event is always delayed by some time. If you choose no, you actually speed up the event. There is actually a sequence where you select yes/no that makes the malware code break since I made a mistake in the coding I couldn’t fix. Hopefully I can find it back. And hopefully, the demon in the code doesn’t get that fixed.

So, be warned. Be on your toes when strange things happen. I don’t want to spread it any further. Aid me to destroy the malware. Don’t feed it but believe it…..

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
Re: CreepyPasta #2: Do you believe it.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 01:12:14 PM »
Wait, hold on. Can it be? The first incident was with Pokémon and the following incidents where with the previous games included. Oh dear, the malware is growing. Combing. Learning.
You're not narrating in real time. You're not having a conversation with anyone. All these realizations have to happen prior to writing. Take a good look at what you want to do. Based on what you were writing, I'd say that maybe you were trying to WARN the reader. Don't tell the reader what you feel before the conclusion. The "I fear" thing didn't really make me react in any kind of way. Also, if you're going to use the word "demons", then you better use it subtly. Don't make it too obvious, otherwise you ruin the mysticism/mystery. The feeling that you know its there. You know its coming for you, but you never know what exactly it is.

I think this trope should be in effect

Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane

EDIT: May I add that when writing horror, don't EVER, EVER give a single ray of hope. But do it in a way that there IS hope during the story, only to completely crush it by the conclusion. You catch my drift?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:14:34 PM by BloodcatNS » »

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 01:13:49 PM »
You're not narrating in real time. You're not having a conversation with anyone. All these realizations have to happen prior to writing. Take a good look at what you want to do. Based on what you were writing, I'd say that maybe you were trying to WARN the reader. Don't tell the reader what you feel before the conclusion. The "I fear" thing didn't really make me react in any kind of way. Also, if you're going to use the word "demons", then you better use it subtly. Don't make it too obvious, otherwise you ruin the mysticism/mystery. The feeling that you know its there. You know its coming for you, but you never know what exactly it is.

I think this trope should be in effect

Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane

Thanks for the feedback man. This really helps me improve my skills :D

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 01:36:23 PM »
And I noticed you confuse "where" and "were"

"Where" clarifies a location whereas "Were" is the past tense of "was"

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 70
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -663
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 03:52:01 PM »

Couldn't get too far into it. Seemed too ridiculous even for creepypasta.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal