Author Topic: My game articles.  (Read 1928 times)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
Re: My game articles.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 01:30:12 PM »
About this section... : My biggest problem

Security? I don't see this being a problem. So what if they got all my digital games? Is it NOT tied to my account already? I would be a lot more afraid of them getting my bank info.

The second one makes no sense. I don't think Gmail, Yahoo! Messenger or MSN would actually flash your hobbies in front of business companies. That would go completely against what they're for. I haven't actually read/heard/seen people get turned over because of their game habits. That's just stupid. Moreover, why don't people use multiple e-mail accounts for these things? I use one for formal use, another for forum stuffs, and the last one for gaming.

"Abusing the system"? How? Give me some examples of this happening. You have to give me something, otherwise it's debatable.

In your second point, I think the problem is more about self-control than anything else. In fact, you're indirectly stating a major advantage of digital games: their availability. No matter how many copies are bought, they're always there unlike physical copies. I'm always baffled why Sony doesn't put their more famous games on PSN. I've been searching for Dark Souls for about a 3 months now. I haven't seen a copy yet, unfortunately. :\

As for the last paragraph of your third point, like I said earlier, they're always available. So what if SEGA and Atari are trying to sell their games in the digital market? They don't have to pay for any more materials anyway. You put it up there, you just wait for the cash to flow in. That's another advantage of the digital market. You don't think that big games should there? Okay then. Let's say that most physical copies are sold and you can't find them in your local gamestore. Where else can you find them? Digital market.

As for your last paragraph. Won't independence be a good thing? :|
You must mean dependent. I have to agree with you about the thing about being dependent on Steam, AppStore or whatever, but I don't think it WILL become big enough to be compared to the real market. It's too impractical.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal