Author Topic: Skyrim Roleplay LP - The Travels of the Last Dragonborn  (Read 8557 times)

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 70
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -663
  • Close your tab now.
Skyrim Roleplay LP - The Travels of the Last Dragonborn
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »
INTRODUCTION
This will be an in-character journal-styled RP which will include in-game dates and events, I want to focus more on the moral aspects of Skyrim, so I may spend more time talking about Skald and Siddgeir being cunts or thoughts on the civil war than say... the feeling in my loins when I shoot Mirmulnir in the eye. I may post character development images as my character goes through the game.

I'm still in the middle of planning somewhat. This will be a little different to normal written LPs as there won't be any images beyond this post. OOC posts will be colored navy blue, and journal entries will be exclusive to their own post so I can set up a TOC later.

I'm posting it here mainly to see how this idea works in text rather than in my head, as well as gathering some worthwhile critique on things like lore, prose, or even suggestions on where to take the story next - I'm always open to suggestions on this part, even if I've rigorously planned it.

CHARACTER DETAILS
Name: Tmir Bloodedge
Race: Nord
Assumed Age: 28

(click to show/hide)

TABLE OF CONTENTS (to come)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:32:26 PM by devon » »

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Re: I'll be dumping my Skyrim Roleplay LP here.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
Maybe this could be in the games section or PC? What do you think Devon?

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
    Attack Member
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »
Put it wherever you like.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • UwU
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 01:52:39 PM »
I was thinking of making this exact topic.But I'm too lazy

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
Re: Skyrim Roleplay LP - The Travels of the Last Dragonborn
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:57:22 PM »
I've been playing Skyrim for too long to do this o.O

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 08:07:27 PM »
I'd love to do this but my gaming PC is back in India AND I suck at talking interesting stuff while gaming. So, I guess I'd much rather just listen to your let's plays.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 11:17:41 PM »
I'd love to do this but my gaming PC is back in India AND I suck at talking interesting stuff while gaming. So, I guess I'd much rather just listen to your let's plays.
It's easier with 2. Too bad Skyrim is SP

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
    Attack Member
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 03:23:32 AM »
It's written, not a typical video LP. I probably wouldn't record something like Skyrim because I tend to reference the wikis a fair bit.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:46:23 AM by devon » »

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 03:31:30 AM »
I'm not too knowledgeable about the Skyrim Legends, Mythologies, and background stories, but I have invested a good ~15-20 hrs on one Imperial in Skyrim, and have recently started a game as an Argnonian, so I know the basics of the story and have a general understanding of the game, so I'll join, but don't expect me to be sound like an expert

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 03:28:32 PM »
Heavy armour, sword and shield is stronger on low levels. But light armour, sneak, archery and all such stuff is stronger on high levels. I suggest a Khajiit for sneaky, assassin stuff. (They can see in the dark, which can get quite annoying if you're not khajiit.) For the Heavy armour guy I'd pick Orc or Redguard. Magic alone is too much of a hassle on low levels imo. You don't stand a chance against high level opponents. I'd pick High Elf if you fancy magic though. Nords or Dark Elves are the best fighters against dragons due to their resistance to fire or frost.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 03:53:30 PM »
It's written, not a typical video LP. I probably wouldn't record something like Skyrim because I tend to reference the wikis a fair bit.
Oh wait, I totally mistook the objective of the main post. My bad.

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
    Attack Member
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 04:14:50 PM »
Narrative-wise I'll be playing as a Nord. I've outlined out a few points of backstory to call upon when I need. I could probably start playing and writing tomorrow.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 11:19:39 AM »
I'm looking forward to it. (It might be best if you don't play on Legendary difficulty in which a common bandit would stand a good chance at killing you by himself.) I suggest Expert if you want a good challenge. You could put it on Master or Legendary on a higher level.

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 02:03:41 PM »
I'm looking forward to it. (It might be best if you don't play on Legendary difficulty in which a common bandit would stand a good chance at killing you by himself.) I suggest Expert if you want a good challenge. You could put it on Master or Legendary on a higher level.
Yeah. Honestly, playing on normal severely made the fight with Alduin anticlimatic.

Also, would you go as far as fighting the Ebony Warrior?

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
    Attack Member
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »
Yeah. Honestly, playing on normal severely made the fight with Alduin anticlimatic.

Also, would you go as far as fighting the Ebony Warrior?
If I get to that level maybe. I do plan on ending it after Alduin so I don't know what level I'd be there as I won't be going after every quest I get.

I will be doing the Dawnguard Questline fairly early, as early as mid-companions (Werewolves vs. Vampires baby!) and the Miraak questline either late-game or post-game.

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
    Attack Member
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »
Back to OP

Entry #1: Sleeping Giant Inn, Riverwood
17th of Last Seed, 4E201

By Arkay, today was the day I should have died. By my own damned luck I had been seized attempting to cross the border into Skyrim during a completely unrelated incident. Unfortunately for me the incident was the Imperial capture of Jarl Ulfic Stormcloak of Windhelm, the leader of the Stormcloak Rebellion. I was carted off along with a horse thief and two carts of Stormcloak soldiers with the talk being we would all be tried in Cyrodiil. The thought for me at the time was that I’d be able to explain my story and maybe get away with a bit of jail time, for whatever reason though we ended up turning towards a small town called Helgen.

The imperials had ordered our executions - there would be no fair trial. While the horse thief next to me panicked, I had all but reserved to my fate; I didn’t know if I had done enough in life to warrant the entry into Sovngarde, but I would have died in my homeland, which is more than I could possibly ask for in this situation.

The machinations of Akatosh must have been working to my personal favour in a twisted way. My head was resting on the block, which in turn gave me the best view of the Dragon that swooped down and attacked the town! I managed to escape the carnage, but I saw many more worthy people fall to the beast and I myself ended a few lives in the escape. I followed the one man I felt I could trust; a Stormcloak Soldier named Ralof through the underground pathways under Helgen Keep.

While I wasn’t expecting a grand welcoming into my homeland, I didn’t expect to be beheaded as well. My name wasn’t even on the list; but I guess the people on the carts - for better or worse - were just another formality to the imperials. I got that bitch captain though – I’m wearing her armor in fact. Slaughtered a few extra imperials as well, just to work off a little frustration.

I am currently hiding out in Riverwood. I don’t know how long I can hang low, but tomorrow I plan on working at the mill with Ralof’s brother-in-law Hod to make a little money before heading off to Whiterun; Ralof’s sister Gurdur asked me to travel there to request aid from the Jarl. I’ll see where the divines take me from there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal