Author Topic: New Anime from the creator of Cowboy Bebop to air on Toonami BEFORE Japan!!  (Read 5008 times)

Offline Toffee

• Doesn't know about the matrix.
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • Whatevs.
That's right! Shinichiro Watanabe, creator of critically series Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Kids on the Slope, has a new anime coming out in 2014 called "Space Dandy"

(click to show/hide)

A dandy bounty hunter in space with boobies and butts? I'm in!

In all seriousness though, this definitely looks to have as much love and dedication that Watanabe has poured into his other works and promises to be nothing short of amazing.

BUT! That's not the best news! For the first time EVER, an anime will premiere in the west BEFORE Japan! That's right, Space Dandy will have its worldwide premier on Toonami BEFORE Japan! This huge news because, as far as I can tell, this has never been done before.

It really shows how much Watanabe respects the west (as is evidenced in his series having multiple influences and references to western culture) and recognizes how much his series have been a huge hit on our shores.

I believe this guy expresses my feelings on this accurately.

(click to show/hide)

So yeah, this is definitely a huge deal, and if successful, will definitely make Japanese animators and producers see the west as a bigger potential market for even more anime.

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
Sounds dandy!

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 25
    Defense: 25
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 16
I really hope this is successful, it could pave the way for more anime in the west!
And I can't wait for it!

Offline Toffee

• Doesn't know about the matrix.
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • Whatevs.
The west needs more space boobies dammit!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal