Author Topic: Nintendo Going Down the Drain?  (Read 11813 times)

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
Re: Nintendo Going Down the Drain?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »
The Wii U, honestly great idea but bad bad marketing and they could have done a lot more with it. It was rushed.
It was a terrible idea!!
"Lets give them last gen hardware so we save money even though no devs will be interested in developing games for it. But we'll give it another fancy controller like the Wii again and the fanboys will buy it anyway!"

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 09:34:59 PM »
A discussion wasted :L

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 10:38:09 PM »
A discussion wasted :L
How is it wasted?

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 70
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -663
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 11:36:23 PM »
I'm a big Zelda fan, and I don't see it dying anytime soon. Reason is that the game's quality is a LOT higher then Mario's. Mario has just the tough luck of being pasted on nearly any possible new IP of Nintendo.
?!!?

Also, about the 1080p... I have talked to some experienced YouTubers... There is barely NO difference in 720p and 1080p if your TV can't support it. And because Nintendo aims for FAMILY's and not gamers... Yeah, what's the benefit?
Jonez you're killing me here. Nintendo should be aiming for gamers. I've never understood this argument... If they didn't aim for gamers then why are you supporting it? They don't care about you! You're not their target audience! Jesus!

Nintendo isn't going down the drain. Their sales and such are still rather high. Yet, what happened is that your interested just shifted away from them. Compare the milking of IP's with ANY other company.
Google "Nintendo Profit", "Nintendo Sales" or "Nintendo figures" and tell me there's anything "high" about what you see.

Think about it, why stop an IP that actually works? Bethesa, the creators of Fall Out and Elder Scrolls milk that series out as well. At a lesser rate then Nintendo, true that, but remember it's a company. And making new IP's is always a big fanicial risk ya know?
Remember that the difference between Bethesda and Nintendo is that Nintendo need to support their console with their games. A console that will only get harder for third party developers to use because it uses last-gen tech.

when a council is made, they are generally very powerful machines.
From what I've read, the PS4 and xbone are comparable to a mid-range gaming computer (think i5 non-K processor and HD 7870 tier components). Battlefield 4 runs at 1600x900 resolution and apparently has trouble getting to the 60fps mark. Hell, my PC's 3-year old tech may be able to give the new consoles a good run.

The Wii U, honestly great idea but bad bad marketing and they could have done a lot more with it. It was rushed.
What part of the WiiU was a great idea? The expensive tablet controller that the console depended on? Using leftover parts from Bob's Second Hand Computer Emporium?

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 03:16:36 PM »
Also, about the 1080p... I have talked to some experienced YouTubers... There is barely NO difference in 720p and 1080p if your TV can't support it. And because Nintendo aims for FAMILY's and not gamers... Yeah, what's the benefit? 
I have a fairly large TV. I gotta say the difference between 720p and 1080p videos is huge.

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 04:18:51 PM »
What part of the WiiU was a great idea? The expensive tablet controller that the console depended on? Using leftover parts from Bob's Second Hand Computer Emporium?
Well, it DID open new gameplay possibilities. Albeit, not really wide. That's honestly all I can think of. Not to mention, from what I've watched from a Watch_Dogs demo, Ubisoft emulated the concept of using a mobile device for gameplay. If that won't render the WiiU's gimmicky tablet controller obsolete, I don't know what will.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal