Author Topic: How can I record from my speakers, (not the mic) with Conexant High Definition S  (Read 4548 times)

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
I have a Compaq 32-bit Presario A900 running Windows Vista Home Premium.
My sound driver, I think, is Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

Several days ago I wanted to start recording sound from the speakers rather than through the mic and found that I could not.
After looking up several tutorials, they all seemed to speak of a Audio Mixer to record from, I however do not have that. After a few days,
I figured the best place to ask is here. Is there a way to record sound from my speakers? Do I need to update my drivers?

Before you answer:

Do not say to instal realtek whatever because it won't work. It is not the same brand as my driver. Secondly, for a recording program such as sound recorder and audacity will not solve my issue. For those programs, it requires you to set the recording input as 'x' with x being whatever it is you have. It can be a mic or a sound mixer or whatever, as long as it is something. I only have a mic input, and, if I try to record with it disabled, I will not be able to record because I do not have any available or enabled inputs.

Same samples:

Sample file when recorded with mic: [/size][size=78%]http://www.mediafire.com/download/kyfckcl72hkc5gh/Untitled+%283%29.wma[/size]
When recording without mic enabled:

Solutions people gave that did not help:

-Use recording software
-Use audacity
-Use sound recorder
-Download [insert revision number] Realtek package
-"Go f yourself you stupid f"
-"You are a f'n idiot"
-"Stupid"
amung other choice quotes

I've been at this for about a week and am getting pretty tired of trying to figure out how to do something that should be relatively simple

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
Apparently not all brands of computers have Stereo Mix nowadays. Mine doesn't have it either. =/

Try using SoundLeech. It digitally records any sounds a program outputs to lossless WAV.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
I tried your program, and, from what I've been doing. Or trying, at least. It hasn't recording anything, after about tinkering for about a half hour

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
This is a shot in the dark but try this vid :

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
That would work, but, If I got y spliters and put it in the microphone and speaker ports so I had the male to male in each, coul I also then, put a headset in as well so to have both live mic audio and desktop audio?

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Probably you better ask the uploader of that video.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal