Author Topic: Arpegi - 2 Year Celebration - Article.  (Read 13986 times)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Arpegi - 2 Year Celebration - Article.
« on: February 16, 2014, 02:01:28 PM »
Yes!

To have something special, I'm either planning to do a sort of podcast with you guys to put on my blog or to write a long article for my blog about us and our forum.

But what do you guys want in the article?

And if you type a something here, I might quote it in the article.

It'll be released on Arpegi's 2nd birthday!

Art and stuff counts. So, I will try to add EVERYTHING from you guys.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
Re: Arpegi - 2 Year Celebration - Article.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
Talk about what each member has done to inspire/motivate you and Miz.

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 70
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -663
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 12:50:46 AM »
Did this happen?

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 01:01:13 AM »
Talk about what each member has done to inspire/motivate you and Miz.

Agreed, I feel this'd be important.

Also, maybe a live stream with Jonzey

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 02:15:13 AM »
Did this happen?
Not yet, since the anniversary is in March

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 05:52:30 AM »
A section talking about personal achievements of people on Arpegi, or maybe a section where Arpegians get awards from other Arpegians. :D

I think it would be kind of cool.

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:23:33 AM by Lady Sukebe » »

Offline Noob

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 03:50:58 AM »
yay

Offline [Gamblorez]

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
  • I'm A Rolly Polly Ravioli!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 05:34:13 AM »
Huzzah!

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 05:42:46 AM »
I'm really hoping I don't miss this, s'pecially if theirs a livestream, but I've no control over that :P likely not, I'll be out Friday-Monday

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »
And if you type a something here, I might quote it in the article.

"oh shit, is that today"

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 09:35:23 AM »
"Arpegi is like pancake on steroids"-Priom(2014)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 05:57:29 PM »

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 10:29:26 PM »
It has been written.

http://arpegi.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/arpegi-exclusive-happy-2nd-birthday-to-arpegi/
Gave it a read, happy birthday Arpegi and hopefully we'll have more to come!~

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.

Offline Joel16

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 98
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 8
  • Be lost in an eternal illusion.
      • Joel16's Projects
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 05:20:49 AM »
Thanks for mentioning us all, Jonez & Mizzari. This forum's the best I've ever been to :)
Happy birthday to Arpegi!
Oh and Mizzari's GF, that drawing's really creative btw, thanks for also mentioning all of us.

This would be a nice quote, it doesn't belong to me though. "Community is a sign that love is possible in a materialistic world where people so often either ignore or fight each other. It is a sign that we don't need a lot of money to be happy--in fact, the opposite." :P Idk if it would fit in but it sounded nice to me.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:40:17 AM by Itachi Uchiha » »

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 70
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -663
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 11:37:55 AM »
We wanted to create another forum where the staff and the members were equals. A forum based on respect for each other, like Mizari says: “DEMOCRACY”!
Something like this would only work on a forum like this. Congrats on the two years.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »
Thanks man .

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 01:49:37 PM »
I see it without an issue.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 02:13:28 PM »
Simple version

(click to show/hide)

Today it’s a big day for Mizari and myself. In fact, this article is written whilst he is in my room. Yeah. Two years ago, we founded the Arpegi community. So, in this exclusive article for this blog we talk about the history and such of our community. We honestly don’t see it as a “forum”. It’s more to us, it’s our family. So, let’s give something back to our awesome community.

History

Two years ago, Mizari and I were in the same college. We both studied Applied Computer Science. Since we were both new, we didn’t have any friends. I quickly made some “friends”, you know, those people you talk with in the break and such. People you just met. One day, Mizari was sitting next to me in class. I found it a bit sad that he sat there alone. He was watching an episode of One Piece. I started talking to him since we both had an anime interest. And that, was the start of a friendship that changed my life.

I was a very active member on a forum. On this forum I invited Mizari to join. I also invited another friend, shredc0re (yes, yes Shreddy. No caps.). Everything went alright or so we thought. After a half year, there were some disagreements between the staff. Back then, I was a part of the staff. The disagreements became so bad; Mizari, shred & I had no choice but to leave.

We wanted to create another forum where the staff and the members were equals. A forum based on respect for each other, like Mizari says: “DEMOCRACY”! We first started on a friend’s server. After a year, we decided to move to our own server. We still have the same host and we don’t have major complaints about them.

First we were a private forum. We had an admin approval system to block the thrash. And also bots. Mostly bots. It didn’t take long for our forum to gain members which weren’t a part of the forum we left.

To this day, Arpegi stands for a community. A family. We branched out to other places to talk with each other like Twitter, Facebook, Steam, Skype … And the favorite game of the community is Minecraft. (Yeah, mostly likely.) Oh, and in one of the more recent updates Mizari and I decided to stop the admin approval system.

This is the community’s history in a nutshell. A big nutshell. But we don’t look to our history. We want to look to our future. So, let’s do that.

Future

Mizari and I talk a lot about the future of our community. We try to organize events and giveaways. It often happens that members give each other steam presents. Mizari and I have gotten several games in our library from our community. Mizari got Half-Life 2 and I got Electronic Super Joy. (For example).

For the near future, we have a ton of updates planned. Mostly tweaks to the profile and the lay-out of the forum. And some major behind the scenes updates to the working of our Battle mini-game.

We hope to grow and if we get the chance to promote our community, we rarely think twice. We recently started accepting donations. And we have some plans with that. From perks to giveaways. The future is still a mystery.

Loyal Members

It’s time to write the “thank you for your continued support” part of the article. And this is going to be the longest part. So, let’s get started.

Let’s thank the biggest members first (in a random sequence.):

• nhi_po: hi. (Mizari-) <- He is your boyfriend. He can say a better “thank you” then I can. M’kay? Bug him about it. Romance has been found through Arpegi. (Jonez)
  • Fist: Keep on fisting. Even when it sounds wrong. And do it daily. … You know what we mean. Thanks mate. (And thanks for posting so much. We really appreciate that.)
  • Toffee: And, do you still know nothing about the matrix? Regardless your answer, thanks man. And for all those memories in the RP meant a lot to me.
  • Msg: Move your awesomeness to Belgium for once so we can thank you with a beer and in person. Agreed? Belgian beer > beer anyways.
  • Light-kun: Sorry that your awesome artwork isn’t at the top of this article. It’s an amazing drawing of nhi instead. But seriously, thanks man. You’re the best global mod a forum can wish for! :)
  • Joel: Keep on coding those awesome PSP homebrews man. And thanks for sharing them with us. You are a great member of our community.
  • NekoBot: Thanking you means writing a whole separate article. Sadly enough, we don’t have the time for that now. So, yeah. Thanks. And you know how thankful Mizari and myself are. M’kay?
  • Austin: Thank you for being the tallest guy. … No let’s be real here for a moment. You’re always ready to be a part of game sessions and giveaways. Thanks man. And I’ll never forget the touching words of my birthday thread.
  • Priomblazer: French Kittens. That’s all. (For real: Thanks man. You know why. You blaze through our forum. Man, we are funny.)
  • Melfy: So, what can we say? I’m sorry, it’s PG-13 here. So yeah. Thanks mate.
  • Muddy: You might not realize it but you are always able to make everybody laugh and your presence is appreciated by everyone.
  • Smashy: You are my Neko brother. So, I thanked you enough already. You know how thankful Mizari and I are. And you’re the earliest member. :D
  • Cubed: Our hero on the TF2 front! :3

And Mizari and I could go on for a while here. There are just too many people we want to thank. Here are a bunch of people we want to thank as well. We are sorry if we forgot a name. We triple checked our list. Those people are:

Lpgardian, Fuyu, BloodCat, Arikado, Devon, Inunah, Gamblorez, Fishy, Maccaman, (shredc0re, he is a myth), Seraph, Colin, Kura, Murasaki, Princess and Tarik.

Thanks all of you. Instead of writing a long wall of text, which we already kinda have, let’s keep it short. THANK YOU!

Member input

So, to close this article, we gave the chance to our community to give some input to this article. Priom stated that Arpegi are pancakes on steroids. How nice.

Inunah asked a section of personal achievements and such. While this a great idea, we didn’t prepare for this pancake. Sorry. Maybe a next time.

And the best suggestion comes from Austin. He asks what we learned from the community. Tricky question. We learned that this forum is closer than we ever thought possible.

So, let’s wrap up this article. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Until the next time and let’s go for even more years! And now Mizari and I are going to enjoy our day with a movie (or 2) and some games. :3

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 05:54:47 PM »
Simple version

(click to show/hide)

Today it’s a big day for Mizari and myself. In fact, this article is written whilst he is in my room. Yeah. Two years ago, we founded the Arpegi community. So, in this exclusive article for this blog we talk about the history and such of our community. We honestly don’t see it as a “forum”. It’s more to us, it’s our family. So, let’s give something back to our awesome community.

History

Two years ago, Mizari and I were in the same college. We both studied Applied Computer Science. Since we were both new, we didn’t have any friends. I quickly made some “friends”, you know, those people you talk with in the break and such. People you just met. One day, Mizari was sitting next to me in class. I found it a bit sad that he sat there alone. He was watching an episode of One Piece. I started talking to him since we both had an anime interest. And that, was the start of a friendship that changed my life.

I was a very active member on a forum. On this forum I invited Mizari to join. I also invited another friend, shredc0re (yes, yes Shreddy. No caps.). Everything went alright or so we thought. After a half year, there were some disagreements between the staff. Back then, I was a part of the staff. The disagreements became so bad; Mizari, shred & I had no choice but to leave.

We wanted to create another forum where the staff and the members were equals. A forum based on respect for each other, like Mizari says: “DEMOCRACY”! We first started on a friend’s server. After a year, we decided to move to our own server. We still have the same host and we don’t have major complaints about them.

First we were a private forum. We had an admin approval system to block the thrash. And also bots. Mostly bots. It didn’t take long for our forum to gain members which weren’t a part of the forum we left.

To this day, Arpegi stands for a community. A family. We branched out to other places to talk with each other like Twitter, Facebook, Steam, Skype … And the favorite game of the community is Minecraft. (Yeah, mostly likely.) Oh, and in one of the more recent updates Mizari and I decided to stop the admin approval system.

This is the community’s history in a nutshell. A big nutshell. But we don’t look to our history. We want to look to our future. So, let’s do that.

Future

Mizari and I talk a lot about the future of our community. We try to organize events and giveaways. It often happens that members give each other steam presents. Mizari and I have gotten several games in our library from our community. Mizari got Half-Life 2 and I got Electronic Super Joy. (For example).

For the near future, we have a ton of updates planned. Mostly tweaks to the profile and the lay-out of the forum. And some major behind the scenes updates to the working of our Battle mini-game.

We hope to grow and if we get the chance to promote our community, we rarely think twice. We recently started accepting donations. And we have some plans with that. From perks to giveaways. The future is still a mystery.

Loyal Members

It’s time to write the “thank you for your continued support” part of the article. And this is going to be the longest part. So, let’s get started.

Let’s thank the biggest members first (in a random sequence.):

• nhi_po: hi. (Mizari-) <- He is your boyfriend. He can say a better “thank you” then I can. M’kay? Bug him about it. Romance has been found through Arpegi. (Jonez)
  • Fist: Keep on fisting. Even when it sounds wrong. And do it daily. … You know what we mean. Thanks mate. (And thanks for posting so much. We really appreciate that.)
  • Toffee: And, do you still know nothing about the matrix? Regardless your answer, thanks man. And for all those memories in the RP meant a lot to me.
  • Msg: Move your awesomeness to Belgium for once so we can thank you with a beer and in person. Agreed? Belgian beer > beer anyways.
  • Light-kun: Sorry that your awesome artwork isn’t at the top of this article. It’s an amazing drawing of nhi instead. But seriously, thanks man. You’re the best global mod a forum can wish for! :)
  • Joel: Keep on coding those awesome PSP homebrews man. And thanks for sharing them with us. You are a great member of our community.
  • NekoBot: Thanking you means writing a whole separate article. Sadly enough, we don’t have the time for that now. So, yeah. Thanks. And you know how thankful Mizari and myself are. M’kay?
  • Austin: Thank you for being the tallest guy. … No let’s be real here for a moment. You’re always ready to be a part of game sessions and giveaways. Thanks man. And I’ll never forget the touching words of my birthday thread.
  • Priomblazer: French Kittens. That’s all. (For real: Thanks man. You know why. You blaze through our forum. Man, we are funny.)
  • Melfy: So, what can we say? I’m sorry, it’s PG-13 here. So yeah. Thanks mate.
  • Muddy: You might not realize it but you are always able to make everybody laugh and your presence is appreciated by everyone.
  • Smashy: You are my Neko brother. So, I thanked you enough already. You know how thankful Mizari and I are. And you’re the earliest member. :D
  • Cubed: Our hero on the TF2 front! :3

And Mizari and I could go on for a while here. There are just too many people we want to thank. Here are a bunch of people we want to thank as well. We are sorry if we forgot a name. We triple checked our list. Those people are:

Lpgardian, Fuyu, BloodCat, Arikado, Devon, Inunah, Gamblorez, Fishy, Maccaman, (shredc0re, he is a myth), Seraph, Colin, Kura, Murasaki, Princess and Tarik.

Thanks all of you. Instead of writing a long wall of text, which we already kinda have, let’s keep it short. THANK YOU!

Member input

So, to close this article, we gave the chance to our community to give some input to this article. Priom stated that Arpegi are pancakes on steroids. How nice.

Inunah asked a section of personal achievements and such. While this a great idea, we didn’t prepare for this pancake. Sorry. Maybe a next time.

And the best suggestion comes from Austin. He asks what we learned from the community. Tricky question. We learned that this forum is closer than we ever thought possible.

So, let’s wrap up this article. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Until the next time and let’s go for even more years! And now Mizari and I are going to enjoy our day with a movie (or 2) and some games. :3
lol now the website is working.
Well anyway your article there makes me seem like a chameleon among crocodiles

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »
More importantly, I'm gonna eat pancakes in a bit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal