Author Topic: Fighting Game Suggestions  (Read 4346 times)

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • UwU
Fighting Game Suggestions
« on: March 22, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »
so here's a story one day I was surfing the internet,just minding my own business...
Then it hit me!
I should play a fighting game
So yea I want to play a fighting game with a good story and (possibly) multiplayer in one computer with a keyboard
Some games that seemed interesting to me was melty blood and guilty gear XX
so any suggestions
(also on pc games and no blazblue I already have Calamity trigger)

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
Re: Fighting Game Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »
Are you sure you're okay with a keyboard on online fighters? You'll have ghosting unless you have a gaming keyboard.

Well, I've played Street Fighter IV, but I don't think there's anyone playing it on PC anymore.  Injustice, maybe?

Offline Cupcake Fury

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
Are you sure you're okay with a keyboard on online fighters? You'll have ghosting unless you have a gaming keyboard.

Well, I've played Street Fighter IV, but I don't think there's anyone playing it on PC anymore.  Injustice, maybe?
Theres people who still play it on the 3ds, I'm sure theres people who still play it on pc.

Offline devon

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 70
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -663
  • Close your tab now.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:52:37 PM »
Well, I've played Street Fighter IV, but I don't think there's anyone playing it on PC anymore.
The PC version of Street Fighter still has a lot of players.

You could try Skullgirls, that has a fair amount of story in it.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 12:09:31 AM »
Injustice has a really good story.

Tekken as well. Although I'm not sure it's on PC

DBZ fighting games are fun for the most part

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 01:18:43 AM »
Here's one you should try: Vanguard Princess.

It's a fighting game with some of the most fluid motion I have ever seen in a fighting game. It's rumored to have been created by a former Capcom employee, and has some story or something that I'm not aware of because I've only played the Japanese version. There's a lot of fanservice in the game (i.e. jiggling boobs, large butts, panty shots, lolis, etc), but the game is worth a go or two.

English: Here
Japanese: Here

The English version is on Steam for $5 USD, and has a DLC that removes the censor shadow to reveal the loli panties. The Japanese version is free, but you may need to rename a folder and change your computer to a Japanese locale (or use a program that does that for that single program, like AppLocale).

The difference between the two, other than the price, DLC, language, and setup, is minimal. The English version may have a few bug fixes, but other than that it is practically identical to the Japanese version. This entails a single resolution, 640x480, no tutorial or training mode, poor controller support (no control-changing for a controller, and movement is locked to the analog stick...even on a controller without an analog stick, it seems), no Steam overlay support, and no online play. In addition to all that, there are still a few kinks with the game. You can't change the controls within the game. If you set the game to fullscreen, the button to switch it back may not reappear. The "quit match" button may not work, forcing you to ALT+F4 out of the game just to quit.

If you're not sure about the English version and just want to see how the game plays before you decide whether or not to buy it, go for the Japanese version. They're practically the same game.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 01:43:29 AM »
DLC that removes the censor shadow to reveal the loli panties.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:44:35 AM by Fist » »

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 01:46:30 AM »
YOU WANT ALL DAT MAHVEL 2 HYPE BUT WITHOUT ALL THE DICKS?! SKULLGIRRRLLLSSSSS

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 07:05:48 AM »
Injustice's story mode is very short, mind you, especially if you compare it to the likes of BlazBlue.

Guilty Gear comes from the same people who made BlazBlue so that might be a good start.

Vanguard Princess and Skullgirls are also good choices.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 08:44:12 AM »
it would seem i missed some info.
I said games that are only on pc,no online multiplayer just offline will do.And then comes the final info.Twas gonna play multi with mah 10 year old bro.So sadly no games with cutesy lolis.but if it has a good story i guess multi isn't all dat necessary.

You can thank jonezy for making arpegi go on maintenence exactly when I was gonna post this topic

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 06:07:04 PM »
Injustice's story mode is very short, mind you, especially if you compare it to the likes of BlazBlue.

Guilty Gear comes from the same people who made BlazBlue so that might be a good start.

Vanguard Princess and Skullgirls are also good choices.
by injustice's you mean injustice:gods among us right?I thought that game wasn't released for the PC
Also light, which guilty gear game is a good one to start with?It seems xx is rather popular.But I still don't know much about the series.And how many of the games actually made it to the pc.Suggestions would be nice thanks

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »

It's a fighting game with some of the most fluid motion I have ever seen in a fighting game. It's rumored to have been created by a former Capcom employee, and has some story or something that I'm not aware of because I've only played the Japanese version. There's a lot of fanservice in the game (i.e. jiggling boobs, large butts, panty shots, lolis, etc), but the game is worth a go or two.

The English version is on Steam for $5 USD, and has a DLC that removes the censor shadow to reveal the loli panties. The Japanese version is free, but you may need to rename a folder and change your computer to a Japanese locale (or use a program that does that for that single program, like AppLocale).

The difference between the two, other than the price, DLC, language, and setup, is minimal. The English version may have a few bug fixes, but other than that it is practically identical to the Japanese version. This entails a single resolution, 640x480, no tutorial or training mode, poor controller support (no control-changing for a controller, and movement is locked to the analog stick...even on a controller without an analog stick, it seems), no Steam overlay support, and no online play. In addition to all that, there are still a few kinks with the game. You can't change the controls within the game. If you set the game to fullscreen, the button to switch it back may not reappear. The "quit match" button may not work, forcing you to ALT+F4 out of the game just to quit.

If you're not sure about the English version and just want to see how the game plays before you decide whether or not to buy it, go for the Japanese version. They're practically the same game.
Well I know what game Im adding to my steam wishlist.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 06:41:22 PM »

Well I know what game Im adding to my steam wishlist.
Yea I did some googling on this game and now I really kinda wanna play it too.Too bad I can't though.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 05:40:13 AM »
by injustice's you mean injustice:gods among us right?I thought that game wasn't released for the PC
Also light, which guilty gear game is a good one to start with?It seems xx is rather popular.But I still don't know much about the series.And how many of the games actually made it to the pc.Suggestions would be nice thanks

According to GameFAQs, there's an Ultimate Edition of Injustice: Gods Among Us on PC.

I haven't really played a lot of Guilty Gear myself. I played Judgement and XX on PSP and that's about it.

There's Guilty Gear Isuka which made it onto Steam recently, but apparently it's not so popular. I think X2 was also released on PC a while ago, but I haven't played it myself.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 06:44:29 AM »

According to GameFAQs, there's an Ultimate Edition of Injustice: Gods Among Us on PC.

I haven't really played a lot of Guilty Gear myself. I played Judgement and XX on PSP and that's about it.

There's Guilty Gear Isuka which made it onto Steam recently, but apparently it's not so popular. I think X2 was also released on PC a while ago, but I haven't played it myself.
welp now I have to choose between injustice and guilty gear xx

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal