Author Topic: Revival of the story  (Read 11485 times)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Revival of the story
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:19:31 PM »
Off-Topic:
I miss this RP'ing so hard. I wish it could continue.

I cut the posts out of the actual story thread talking about the revival. So, we will continue to talk about it here.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:01:49 PM by NekoJonez » »

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
Re: Revival of the story
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:25:03 AM »
Off-Topic:
I miss this RP'ing so hard. I wish it could continue.
Off-Topic:
i can continue it with you if you'd like. I still have somewhat of an arc that needs completion

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:06:23 PM »
Off-topic:

Make a "spin-off". Or just summarize what happens in the finale. THEN make a spin-off.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 07:02:53 PM »
Off-topic:

Make a "spin-off". Or just summarize what happens in the finale. THEN make a spin-off.
Yeah, I might consider doing that.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 04:45:12 PM »
Could it be possible to revive this? Who would be willing to revive the story?

Let's start kinda fresh. Like, "a month later" or something?
And possibly with new characters but with the same world idea.

Possibly we could make a new thread to talk about this?

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 04:53:27 PM »
I'm down for it

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 04:56:04 PM »
Austin & I are down for it.

Who is willing to join?

Austin, how should we start?

Offline Sir Shota

Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 04:56:09 PM »
I would have to say.....yes to the new characters, but no to the same world idea. Unless I'm involved, which I'm not in any which way possible, then the system will have to stay dead, and a new world idea will have to be made from scratch. Or, just make an entirely new story.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »
Sequel series?

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »
We should talk about this in the new thread I made for it.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 04:59:25 PM »
Uhhmm how about after all the characters have passed, their lineage have taken over and new evils arrive? We work around the same mythology and world that way but with new characters and plot

Offline Sir Shota

Attack Member
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 05:00:44 PM »
I say I disagree. The world system should stay as it is, as I am shamefully claiming my rights to the ideas in general. The story, characters, and setting as a whole should really just stay as it is. And my thing is, if you wanna have it that bad, then there should be something that does NOT relate in any way to the original story at all, and maybe mention it in little snippets.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 05:06:29 PM »
To be a bit blunt, we are all too attached to the story. Everybody wants to continue. And I am sure that you want as well but that things like eg drawing and RL aren't allowing you to do so.

Because you don't want to be left out and don't want your idea's to be twisted, you don't want us to continue with the world. Which is understandable. I mean, you are one of the three main writers.

It's also possible that you  are kinda "sick" of the story, that you want to start fresh.

I'm thinking out loud here, so some things might be too harsh and I'll apologize then. But I think it's useful that we talk about the future of this. While respecting everybody.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 05:10:06 PM »
Ok then, Smash I understand your point. So would a spin-off in same world during the series timeline work?

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »
To make something TRULY 100% clear: I'm not pushing ANYONE to do ANYTHING here. My goal is: reviving the story IF possible.

So yeah.

Ok then, Smash I understand your point. So would a spin-off in same world during the series timeline work?

Ehrm, sorry to break it to you... but...

I would have to say.....yes to the new characters, but no to the same world idea. Unless I'm involved, which I'm not in any which way possible, then the system will have to stay dead, and a new world idea will have to be made from scratch. Or, just make an entirely new story.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:12:15 PM by NekoJonez » »

Offline Sir Shota

Attack Member
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 05:11:27 PM »
I thank you for the apology. And while you say that we are all attached to the story, I think it is safe to say, that for me, it was nothing other than a phase I've been going through. A mere catharsis. But my characters and the verse system, would very much be better off somewhere else in my honest opinion. It's no use going through the story when I've just felt uninterested and the like towards it. I know that you wanna go on, but I think it's time for me to let go.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 05:16:10 PM »
I thank you for the apology. And while you say that we are all attached to the story, I think it is safe to say, that for me, it was nothing other than a phase I've been going through. A mere catharsis. But my characters and the verse system, would very much be better off somewhere else in my honest opinion. It's no use going through the story when I've just felt uninterested and the like towards it. I know that you wanna go on, but I think it's time for me to let go.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but why do you say this now? I mean, we talked various times about this before x).

Anyways, if I understand this correctly. This story is "finished" (as in, it has no end but we won't continue it) since you have no interest anymore?

To look at this with a clear mind, are you fully done with the story OR is it something that needs like some (long) rest.

Do you feel up to creating a totally new story or is writing totally over for you?

Offline Sir Shota

Attack Member
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 05:20:15 PM »

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but why do you say this now? I mean, we talked various times about this before x).

Anyways, if I understand this correctly. This story is "finished" (as in, it has no end but we won't continue it) since you have no interest anymore?

To look at this with a clear mind, are you fully done with the story OR is it something that needs like some (long) rest.

Do you feel up to creating a totally new story or is writing totally over for you?

Harsh indeed, because humans need time to explore themselves and think about what they really want. I just never had the time to actually sit and think, okay?

Anywho, I think the story will be just left hanging, nothing bad, nothing good, just all chill, and I think I'll be packing up my ideas and leaving them there in a legendary state.

And all in all, I think writing here would not be the best for me, since it's rather taking my time and resources.

And to be REALLY honest? I am writing, but with my two absolute best friends IRL. But I'm saving that for another day, since we just need time.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 05:26:33 PM »
Yeah, sorry for the direct approach in my previous post. I'll explain things to you on Skype. M'kay? There is a reason behind my reaction, but I don't feel like posting it out in the open :P Short version of it: Fuck the business and the inability to talk due to timezones and work.

And good luck with the writing mate. I'm glad you don't let the talent you have for it go to waste. ;) Well.... That's my opinion.

Offline Sir Shota

Attack Member
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 05:32:05 PM »
Thank you. And with Skype? I don't think so, cause I want this to be done with without all the BS blah blah blah, and such. I thank you so much for understanding, and I believe that this, shall be done with.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 05:33:43 PM »
Note: I didn't want to talk about RP-related things on Skype. And I think we should close this topic. Since I feel this is going to totally wrong direction. Let's draw the line here with locking the topic before friendships are put on or over that line. No objections?

Offline Sir Shota

Attack Member
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 05:35:57 PM »
Note: I didn't want to talk about RP-related things on Skype. And I think we should close this topic. Since I feel this is going to totally wrong direction. Let's draw the line here with locking the topic before friendships are put on or over that line. No objections?
No objections. Agreed, and let's lock this thread.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »
Thread locked since the discussion has been done. Like I said in my previous post, the talking was possibly going in a way that might have destroyed friendships.

So, let's be smart and not do that. We are a family after all and when it's time to quit talking about a subject, let's simply do that.

Well, if there are any objections about the matter. PM me and only me. I'll deal with it and contact the people if needed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal