Author Topic: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite  (Read 7084 times)

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • UwU
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
« on: May 14, 2015, 01:06:39 PM »
So by using the ppsspp emulator and tunngle you can play Monster hunter freedom unite in multiplayer.

Me and my brother played together and we even beat a Gyaprey.

Well in any case if any of you play it perhaps we could play together sometimes.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
Re: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 12:08:21 AM »
Never really tried Monster Hunter. I've seen some gameplay of Monster Hunter Tri but that's about it. Is it similar?

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 04:58:01 AM »
I haven't really played it since I got MH4U, but I can load up my old save and do a few quests with you if you want.

Never really tried Monster Hunter. I've seen some gameplay of Monster Hunter Tri but that's about it. Is it similar?

Tri has underwater combat (which I've heard is pretty bad), less types of weapons to use, and different monsters to hunt, among other differences. The core gameplay is mostly the same, though, AFAIK.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 05:54:00 AM »
I haven't really played it since I got MH4U, but I can load up my old save and do a few quests with you if you want.

Coo. I actually sorta suck at the game right now.
But me and my bro managed to beat a Giadrome at our second try so there's that.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 12:32:03 PM »
That's normal. As long as you can learn from the mistakes you make, getting good comes with practice. It took me over 100 hours of playtime to really get good at the game. =P

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 01:34:49 PM »
That's normal. As long as you can learn from the mistakes you make, getting good comes with practice. It took me over 100 hours of playtime to really get good at the game. =P
In all honesty the thing that makes this game hard for me is the fact that I can't lock onto enemies.

I mean the first time I was playing with my brother we ended up hitting each other more than the enemies.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »
It gets easier to aim when you hunt bigger monsters. =P

But yeah, not being able to lock on to enemies was definitely annoying at first. Just have to make sure you press L (or whatever you have mapped to it) often.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 06:34:41 PM »
It gets easier to aim when you hunt bigger monsters. =P

But yeah, not being able to lock on to enemies was definitely annoying at first. Just have to make sure you press L (or whatever you have mapped to it) often.
I actually forgot the L button does anything lol

Also this is my character right now:

I was originally gonna use twin blades. But as it turns out I'm better off with longswords.

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 25
    Defense: 25
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 16
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 09:24:00 PM »
It's really interesting how most people tend to gravitate to Long Swords when they start out. Nothing wrong with that as a Long Sword user myself!

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 03:28:21 AM »
I never liked long sword, when I started out, I always stuck with Dual Blades. Now I'm a CB user primarily with the occasional GS/IG. When I gun I generally stick with the bow and occasionally use the heavy bowgun

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 06:27:16 AM »
It's really interesting how most people tend to gravitate to Long Swords when they start out. Nothing wrong with that as a Long Sword user myself!
Well I think the reason for that is because how versatile longswords. I mean you vertically slash, horizontally slash and even stab with those things.

On another note, I was cheecking out the armorsmith and some armors have "blademaster use" or "gunner use" on their description.
What does that mean? Are there like any requirements for those armors?

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 06:59:18 AM »
Longswords are easily the biggest offenders when it comes to flinching teammates, though. Whenever I get a longsword user as a teammate I usually just switch to gunning to be safe.

On another note, I was cheecking out the armorsmith and some armors have "blademaster use" or "gunner use" on their description.

Gunner armor can only be equipped when you use the light bowgun, heavy bowgun, or bow as your weapon. Blademaster armor can only be equipped when you use melee weapons (anything else that isn't the three I mentioned).

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 08:09:17 AM »
Longswords are easily the biggest offenders when it comes to flinching teammates, though. Whenever I get a longsword user as a teammate I usually just switch to gunning to be safe.

Gunner armor can only be equipped when you use the light bowgun, heavy bowgun, or bow as your weapon. Blademaster armor can only be equipped when you use melee weapons (anything else that isn't the three I mentioned).
o...ok then.

Also my brother prefers using the light bowgun so me using a longsword isn't gonna be all that much of a problem I suppose

Edit: I was doing a normal delivery quest and this thing showed up:

Needless to say I attacked it at first, it took down almost half of my health and then I ran for my life.

Also kitties
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 12:35:44 PM by PriomBlazer » »

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 03:46:09 PM »
hey, umm can someone help me out by explaining how armors work in the game.

Like I already crafted the giaprey armor adn blango destroyer. See:

And I leveled up the armor a bit. But like you can add skills to armors or something like that right?
I really don't understand how I should progress with the armor and weaponry.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 04:59:40 PM »
You can add skills by attaching decorations to your armor. You make them by talking to the blacksmith (the guy next to the equipment-selling cat).

Do you understand how skills work? Because that's a whole other explanation.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 05:42:13 PM »
You can add skills by attaching decorations to your armor. You make them by talking to the blacksmith (the guy next to the equipment-selling cat).

Do you understand how skills work? Because that's a whole other explanation.
No I don't really understand it.
that's pretty much the point.
Well umm I guess I sorta maybe understand it.
Like armors have slots in which I can add decorations to get certain  skills like extra attack power or something like that right?

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 07:10:18 PM »
Like armors have slots in which I can add decorations to get certain  skills like extra attack power or something like that right?

Correct, but it's not as straightforward as that.

Basically, to get a skill to activate, you need to have enough points towards that skill (usually 10 points), either from the points you get from armor pieces or from decorations.

For example, by equipping the whole set of Giaprey armor you get 13 points toward the Snow Resistance skill and 10 points toward Detect (PsychicVis), which means those skills are now both active because they both have at least 10 points toward them.
Now, if you unequip your helmet, you would lose 3 points toward Snow Resistance and 2 points toward Detect, which makes the total to 10 and 8, meaning you would still have Snow Resistance active but lose Detect.

You can get back the Detect skill either by adding a decoration or two that increases your points toward PsychicVis (as long as you have enough free slots on the rest of your equipment), or equipping a different helmet that also has points toward PsychicVis.

This is also the same case for negative skills. If an armor set you're wearing gives you enough negative points toward a certain skill, a bad version of that skill will activate instead. For example, -10 points toward Fire Resistance will lower your Fire Resistance stat instead of increasing it. You can prevent the bad skill from activating by attaching decorations with positive points so that the total number of points is less than -10.

Also, skills that alter your stats don't do anything unless they've reached the number of points it takes to activate the skill. So, +9 towards Fire Resistance doesn't do anything at all to increase your Fire Resistance stat. You only get the stat increase once you reach +10 (same goes for bad skills).

You can check what skills are activated and how many points you have toward whichever skill in the Status screen.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal