Author Topic: Swaggy's Hella Lame Top Games of 2017  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
Swaggy's Hella Lame Top Games of 2017
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:05:30 AM »
Year's done. I'm bored. No one's gonna read this. Why not make it?

What made the Super Special Awesome Mega List

I'm only placing games released in 2017 on my list. Since I don't game nearly as much as I used to, I haven't poured many hours into some of these games, so a few games come with a big fat asterisk because opinions can most certainly change after actually finishing the game. In the list, I will also include how many hours I actually poured into each game so you can have an idea as to why I feel a certain way.

Honorable Mention

Fortnite [PS4] (One game)
I only played one game, but I felt this needed a mention because 1) I love watching people play it, and 2) it has taken the world by storm in the short time since its Early Access opened.

My SUPER MEGA AWESOME SPECIAL SWAGGY List

#5 Persona 5 [PS4] (~4 hours)

If I played more of it, it could have been higher on my list. I loved what I played of it. Art style and music is fantastic, and the battle system is the same as any other game in the series with a little twist that keeps it interesting. Takes a long time to kick off like the other Persona games. 4 hours in and I'm still bombarded with long dialogue and tutorials.

#4 Super Mario Odyssey (~5 hours)

Just like with Persona, this could have been higher on my list had I actually played it more. I'm loving the open-world style of this game and the moon collecting system is unique in the series. I love that you can customize your Mario and make him run around naked (in his boxers) if that's what your heart desires. Best of all, this game is gorgeous beyond any other game in the series, and it utilizes the Switch's capabilities very well. Motion controls when throwing Cappy are kinda wack, but aside from that, I do not have any complaints about what I played so far.

#3 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (~30+ Hours)

It's Mario Kart, man. How could it not be high on the list honestly? The game is technically sound, beautiful, and flat-out fun. I love the addition of Link and the Hyrule Circuit track. I never played 8, so for me, this game was a new experience to me, and not much can beat a good ol' Mario Kart race to dukey it out between your friends and family

Honestly I could not decide between the next two games, so I have TWO GAMES tied for my personal GAME OF THE YEAR.

#1b The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild [Switch] (~40+ hours)

The game is gorgeous, and it didn't need insane hyper-realistic graphics to make it so. It did it using the eloquent art style that is a staple to the series. It reinvented the combat system that was tried-and-true for 3D Zelda games for years, and it managed to completely mix up the formula without ruining what makes a Zelda game a Zelda game. My favorite thing about the game is how you progress Link. In the previous games, you would tackle dungeons that are filled with puzzles to upgrade your equipment, hearts, etc, but in this game you need to look for shrines that each have their own unique puzzles to upgrade Link's health and stamina. I also love how the game has a very diverse range of weapons and armors at your disposal, and it forces you to strategize on how you use the weapons since each weapon has its own damage counter. This also encourages exploration rather than just doing quests, since you have to search every nook and cranny of the world in order to find weapons, materials, and shrines.

#1a Horizon: Zero Dawn (Completed)

I love this game for lots of the same reasons I love Breath of the Wild. It has a beautiful world with plenty of lore and history hidden away for those willing to search for them. The story was very well written and had so many unexpected twists to it. I love how it builds up a post-apocalyptic world with advanced technology but at the same time the people have went back to living like the native Americans. The mystery surrounding Aloy, the main character, and the upbringing of the machines kept me engaged in every minute I played. The game is creative, innovative, unique, and that is exactly why this is tied with BotW for my personal game of the year.

Well, there you have it, my top 5. Feel free to leave any useful thoughts and comments (or hateful comments about how awful my list is and how pathetic of a gamer I am). Love y'all!

Yes, I was incredibly lazy and most of the layout and non-review words are copy-paste :)

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • UwU
Re: Swaggy's Hella Lame Top Games of 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »
Nintendo and Sony - Top 5 edition

Jokes aside cool list.

Also get da bot outta here Jonezy

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 06:29:02 PM »
Nintendo and Sony - Top 5 edition

Jokes aside cool list.

Also get da bot outta here Jonezy
You mean I should post mine here too?

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 11:02:10 AM »
No, I meant just get rid of the bot that was spamming. Apparently you already did.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 06:44:56 PM »
Nope, Miz has. Checked the logs on that one ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal