Author Topic: Science vs Religion: Is there a God?  (Read 57970 times)

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
Re: Science vs Religion: Is there a God?
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2012, 01:05:20 PM »
Ah, so Jesus is the guy I have to thank for inventing zombies. Cool, I would go to church if I got to do a zombie rampage on a sunday morning.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 12:17:18 AM »
Sorry for those of you who might consider this off-topic, but Jay-Z said in the song 'No Church in the Wild' :

Human Beings in a mob
What's a mob to a king?
What's a king to a God?
What's a God to a non-believer, who don't believe in anything.

You guys may interpret it differently but I take it to mean as in a human is not powerful compared to a mob and a mob is nothing compared to a king and a king is nothing compared to a god

He's saying God is the most powerful. Except to those who don't believe in him. Then they become the most powerful "beings"

He's saying to nonbelievers that they believe they are all powerful and too arrogant to think of something being greater than them (I am NOT, repeating NOT ATTACKING NON-BELIEVERS).

So try and think about what happens after you leave? What happens to you, the "all powerful?" Who will take your "throne." Think about it.

Like I said, this is how I interpreted it

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 11:43:30 AM »
I have one question... Almost every religion believes in one of more gods... But if there is a higher being... Which religion is right ....?
It's a mystery and it actually really gets my writers instinct working.

Sometimes I think that it is just a sort of natural instinct... As in... Not being able to defend yourself in real life and for that believing in something that "guides" and "protects" you. Since it's a primal instinct to look for those things no?

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 01:22:55 PM »
I have one question... Almost every religion believes in one of more gods... But if there is a higher being... Which religion is right ....?
It's a mystery and it actually really gets my writers instinct working.

Sometimes I think that it is just a sort of natural instinct... As in... Not being able to defend yourself in real life and for that believing in something that "guides" and "protects" you. Since it's a primal instinct to look for those things no?
Such a stupid question :P
Every religion just thinks every other religion is wrong or not as "complete" as theirs.

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 01:28:34 PM »
People are just scared of dying and been forever gone, they don't want their life to be meaningless and worth nothing, they look to comfort themselves.
The only good thing in religion is the morals that come with it, if everybody followed christian morals(or other religions) like thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not play shitty games etc, the world would be a much better place.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »
People are just scared of dying and been forever gone, they don't want their life to be meaningless and worth nothing, they look to comfort themselves.
The only good thing in religion is the morals that come with it, if everybody followed christian morals(or other religions) like thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not play shitty games etc, the world would be a much better place.
Ehh, I beg to differ. Look at the 1950s and start hating.

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 01:32:47 PM »
In the 1950s you could leave your door unlocked, there wasn't druggies on every corner robbing old grannys handbags and there wasn't half the peadophile cases that there is today.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »
there wasn't half the peadophile cases that there is today.
Nope. At LEAST double. Believe me. Those sick priests. :P

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »
Well they clearly weren't following christian morals, and now its overspilling into everyday society, the problem is nobody has any respect for anybody else now. Democracy has peaked and now gone too far, the average person has more rights than the country as a whole. Trip over the pavement and you sue the local council for thousands, its never your fault for not fucking looking where you were going, and nobody is ever gracious enough to accept it was an accident and not intentional, all they see is money money money. People need to wind their neck in and stop been selfish, treat each other the way they want to be treated themselves and work together for the good of society, not take everything they can, just because they can.

I strongly believe a society based on christian morals would be a better place to live, you don't have to believe in god, just in respecting others.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:54:28 PM by msg » »

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »
I don't sue pavements o.o

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
I don't sue pavements o.o
Nobody does:
Quote from: msg
Trip over the pavement and you sue the local council

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »
I mean, people sue other people for shooting them, but also sue the company that made the gun, the store that sold the gun...

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 02:09:18 PM »
I mean, people sue other people for shooting them, but also sue the company that made the gun, the store that sold the gun...
Greed.
My friend, or should I say former friend, got ran over before. Totally his fault, he ran into the road drunk and got hit by two cars, the second of which was a young kid just on his first drive after passing his test. I saved his life and when he got out of hospital he tried suing the council. I wouldn't lie and I told the truth that he ran into the road and there were no obstructions blocking his view etc, it was all him. We're no longer friends.
He should have been paying for those two cars, the selfish cunt never gave one thought to anybody else.

I have morals, I won't lie or do anybody wrong, I accept my responsibilities and I believe others should do the same.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
| understand what your saying msg, but that is nowhere near the truth of why people worship god... Believe me, I have questioned my religion SOOO many times, and no matter what the question, I always find the answer. And it just all- fits together... And we do not fear death. We love death, it is one step closer to our beloved lord. Just look around you and believe me when I say look around for some of the obvious proofs that god exists. Go to the nearest church or sinagaud or mosque and learned about how you know god exists. It is, despite what you think, very obvious

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2012, 04:17:22 PM »
And we do not fear death. We love death, it is one step closer to our beloved lord.
Exactly, you can't accept there is nothing.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
And we do not fear death. We love death, it is one step closer to our beloved lord.
Exactly, you can't accept there is nothing.
it's not necessarily that I can't accept, it's that I believe... Anyways, there is no absolute 100% way to be sure until the time comes... The right will be clear in the end. IF there was no god, then so be it, my life was a waste, but it wouldn't matter because Ill cease to exist. If there is really a God, then, good luck in (I'm not gonna say it, because I don't like thinking of my friends going there :( )

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
Yeah well apparently god is all about forgiveness and as ive been a better person than most I reckon I would get in heaven whether I believed or not. I refuse to believe in a god that demands to be worshipped.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
Yeah well apparently god is all about forgiveness and as ive been a better person than most I reckon I would get in heaven whether I believed or not. I refuse to believe in a god that demands to be worshipped.
yes god is all about forgiveness. he will literally forgive every single sin a man can possible do EXCEPT denying his existence. So no matter how good a person is, denial in his existence will result in the ultimate punishment (sorry for making religion sound mean, it really isn't)

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
yes god is all about forgiveness. he will literally forgive every single sin a man can possible do EXCEPT denying his existence. So no matter how good a person is, denial in his existence will result in the ultimate punishment (sorry for making religion sound mean, it really isn't)
So he's a selfish, attention seeker that only forgives what suits him? I'd rather not go to a place like that thank you.
Sorry man, there's way too many holes in the backstory.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
Our brains are hardwired to believe in God, whether you like to admit it or not, there will always be a piece of you that does think or wish that God exists. This is because God represents immortality, something that every human craves. After all every human is born with two fears, the fear of the dark and the fear of death. So turning to something such as God is a way of escaping the possibility of death, mostly in the sense that there is life at the end of death (heaven, hell or whichever you choose).
But that doesn't necessarily mean God isn't real though, for all we know he/she/it could be.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2012, 06:17:48 PM »
So he's a selfish, attention seeker that only forgives what suits him? I'd rather not go to a place like that thank you.
Sorry man, there's way too many holes in the backstory.
no it's actually more like an equal exchange. That's like saying somebody is selfish for not giving you a hat for free. You give the guy some money and he will give you the hat, you don't, you go empty handed.

In this case the seller is god, you're the buyer, the money is worship, the hat is heaven, and the empty hand is hell

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2012, 06:23:57 PM »
In this case the seller is god, you're the buyer, the money is worship, the hat is heaven, and the empty hand is hell
I feel like I've missed something

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »
It makes no sense, why does he demand to be worshipped?

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2012, 07:06:10 PM »
I've never heard about God demanding to be worshiped. Obtaining passage to heaven is simply through leading a life without sin, correct me if I'm wrong but not praying isn't a sin, right?
Worship is just our way of saying "Hey dood, thanks for sending your son to die for us an all", to my knowledge its not really required. But the hardcore Catholics and Christians just see it that way, probably taking whats been said to the extreme.....like they always do.

But then again I could be wrong.

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »
Hardcore aetheists are just as bad as hardcore religious nutters too in my experience. Both try to ram stuff down your throat and dedicate their lives to arguing about the existence of god. I think it's to try convince themselves more than anybody else.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal