Author Topic: Two problems that need some input.  (Read 4648 times)

Offline Toffee

• Doesn't know about the matrix.
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • Whatevs.
Two problems that need some input.
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »
As you may or may not have read in my other topic "sadness", I'm currently adrift in the chaotic waters of life with no sails, maps, or a compass.

As such, I have been thinking about dropping out of college and joining the military.

This is no arbitrary on-the-spot decision I made I assure you.
Numerous circumstances have forced me to take a long hard look at my life and I realized that this was the easiest way to solve all my problems.

For starters, my mother's work visa is about to expire in two months. When that happens, our family may have to be deported back to the Philippines. If you didn't know, the Phils. is still a developing country with a government filled with corruption and plagued by constant internal conflict. It would be very hard to find a good job and achieve a comfortable way of life. Joining the military allows me a quick access to becoming a citizen and as such, might be able to stay here longer and support my family.

Another issue is the fact that my younger brother is about to go to college. Whats more, he already has a shot at enrolling in a good university. Of course, this means that the tuition fees will be phenomenal, and with my grandfather in the hospital and my mother's career on the chopping board, I don't think that my family can support sending two kids off to college.

Add the fact that I have no interest in going to school anymore, turning to the military is my only option at this point.

I turn to the Arpegi comunity for their thoughts and advice on this matter. Please be brutally honest.

The second problem easier to deal with though.

Since joining the military requires that I have at least a semi-good physical condition, do you have any suggestions for a good workout or training regimen? I'm around 5' 11" (180 cm) and weigh about 175 - 180 lbs (80 - 82 kilos). Also, it might be important to note that I have NEVER worked out even once in my life. :P

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
Re: Two problems that need some input.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
I wont touch the first question because well, my answer doesn't solve the problem.
However with the second one, you could try this http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do
It isn't a scam or anything, friend of mine has tried it and it actually works, hard as hell but you get what you put into it. Now since you said semi-fit you probably wouldn't need to do all of the course but doing some of it would increase your stamina by quite a bit.
You don't have to buy it btw, I'm sure you can easily torrent the workout DVD's

Offline Toffee

Attack Member
  • Whatevs.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »
I wont touch the first question because well, my answer doesn't solve the problem.
However with the second one, you could try this http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do
It isn't a scam or anything, friend of mine has tried it and it actually works, hard as hell but you get what you put into it. Now since you said semi-fit you probably wouldn't need to do all of the course but doing some of it would increase your stamina by quite a bit.
You don't have to buy it btw, I'm sure you can easily torrent the workout DVD's

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out when I get home.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:01:46 PM »
Maybe you can help your parents pay for your brother's university fee with the money you get in the military.
By either giving him or lending him money. That's your choice.

Offline Toffee

Attack Member
  • Whatevs.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »
Maybe you can help your parents pay for your brother's university fee with the money you get in the military.
By either giving him or lending him money. That's your choice.

That's what I was planning on doing.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 07:06:20 PM »
Do you really want to join the military?
It's an intense life that needs a lot of dedication.

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
If you really wanna do that then just go for it.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 02:47:21 AM »
coming from a navy family (g-grandpa was Vice Admeral Frank Vannoy, hes buried in arlington with the US presidents) one man from every generation serves 10+ years. So I can tell you there are HUGE benefits to joining the military. Especially the navy. Not only are they the safest, they provide the best collage options. Theres a thing you can do on the boat and take classes and take 70+ credits for FREE. there is a ton of mental strain too... Understand that by joining the military OWNS you. Even after you

do your service. Remember that because if they need you they WILL take you. There is also such a thing as navy housing for navy families.... Also you have access to the private bank (my bank) the Navy Federal Credit Union. If you are serious on this you need to contact them NOW. hope this helps
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:53:14 AM by NekoBot » »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal