Author Topic: Pow News: London 2012 Olympic Games to be protected by surface-to-air missiles  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
Apparently the London 2012 Olympic stadium has be speculated as the next target for a terrorist attack due to its popularity around the world and the fact that almost EVERYONE will be watching, what better way to spread fear to the masses eh? Well the government are planing to combat this by placing surface-to-air missiles on nearby residential flats to combat any crashing planes or what have you~
Anyhoo, leave your comment in the comment section below, tell me what you think.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17884897

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
I think it's kinda stuppid of them because if you destroy the plane you get a lot of chunks of plane who will spread around the city so there will be injured anyway. but it's a good plan non the less if they would only think this one true.

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
I think it's kinda stuppid of them because if you destroy the plane you get a lot of chunks of plane who will spread around the city so there will be injured anyway. but it's a good plan non the less if they would only think this one true.
Better smaller debris than having a huge chuck that would most likely blow the whole place up.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
9.11 comes to mind....

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
I think by doing this they are drawing more attention to themselves, if there wasn't going to be an attack before.....I'm pretty sure there will be now :p
a few surface-to-air missiles will indeed minimize damage, but it won't prevent it. Even a slight disruption would halt or prevent the Olympic Games, so all the terrorist need to do is attempt to cause chaos.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
ಠ_ಠ

Everyones just.... over reacting in a way...

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
Media is a good way to prevent an attack. Yet it won't last.

It's likely they won't attack because either they know it's going to be very well protected when it gets this much attention,
or to make everyone look paranoid when they don't attack. Because of this people will be less cautious when the next warning appears.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal