Author Topic: NekoBot's Strange News #1 - Iowa school  (Read 1974 times)

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
NekoBot's Strange News #1 - Iowa school
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:54:50 PM »
I used to do these for a course I dont have anymore. Enjoy these weekly posts :3

Like most states with active trade associations of barbers and beauticians, Iowa strictly regulates those professions, requiring 2,100 hours of training plus continuing education -- but also like many other states, Iowa does not regulate body piercers at all (though it forbids minors from getting tattoos). Thus, the puncturing of body parts and insertion of jewelry or other objects under the skin can be done by anyone, with or without formal training, under no one's watchful eye except the customer's. (A few cities' ordinances require a minimum age to get pierced.) Said one professional piercer to the Des Moines Register for a March report, "The lack of education in this industry is scary." [Des Moines Register, 3-11-2012]

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:36:44 PM by NekoJonez » »

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
Re: NekoBot's Strange News #1 - Iowa school
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »
That is quite worrying, especially with a profession that makes you handle sharp object and breaking the continuity of a persons skin. I would require someone to have had training of some sort before I let them anywhere near me with piercing utensils.

Offline iluvfupaburgers

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 91
    Defense: 93
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • FUPA Luva
Re: NekoBot's Strange News #1 - Iowa school
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:14:02 AM »
hmmm. i got my eyebrow pierced in iowa. nothing bad happened  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal