Chat > Anime and Manga

Anime/Manga recommendation thread

(1/12) > >>

Toffee:
This is for you people to ask for recommendations on some anime and manga or just to proclaim to the world some awesome series that you've found for yourself.

Now, I'll start

Anime:
- Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu = One of the most hilarious rom/com animes I've ever seen.

Manga:
- Kimi no Iru Machi (Ongoing) = A dramatic tale of love, loss and all the problems you may face when searching for your loved one
- Ai Yori Aoshi (Completed) = Seriously, I have no words to describe this, it's quite possibly the most touching and most heartwarming story I have ever read. And this is coming from a guy who has read Love Hina, Ah! My Goddess, And LOTS and LOTS of other romance mangas.

CarolineJohnson:
Summaries are taken from Anime News Network. I'll add more as I think of them.

Anime:

* Fractale - Complete - Japanese and English | Subs Available - In a far distant future, humanity has embraced the Fractale system as the ultimate path towards utopia. Comprised of several trillion networked computers, Fractale was created in the 22nd century to promote a peaceful lifestyle for the entire world in exchange of a periodic recovery of personal data from individuals through terminals located within their bodies. Living in a rocky coast region, Clain is a young boy fascinated by old technology. After helping a girl named Phryne, she gives him a pendant before disappearing by the next morning. Accessing the data from the peculiar gift, Clain ends up summoning a girl-shaped avatar named Nessa. Together they start a journey as they discover the truth behind the Fractale system.
* Haibane Renmei - Complete - Most Languages | Subs Available - A dream of falling from the sky...and then birth. Rakka is born from a large cocoon into the Old Home, greeted by a group of females with small wings on their backs and shining halos above their heads. Soon Rakka’s own wings grow, a halo is placed on her head and she is told that she must work in the nearby town of Grie. She soon realizes that the town and the entire world they live in are confined behind the Wall, a tall, impenetrable wall that none except the mysterious Toga are allowed to exit.
* Last Exile - Complete - Most Languages | Subs Available - In a world that looks like the 19th century with anti-gravity devices, Claus and Lavie are pilot and co-pilot of a Vanship and act as couriers. They become involved with a mysterious mission after rescuing a little girl from a strange star-shaped killing machine. Not willing to let the girl die, they complete the mission by delivering her to the legendary mercenary ship Sylvana, only to become part of the crew as fighter pilots.Manga:

* Negima! Magister Negi Magi - Ongoing..? - Most Languages | Scanlations Available - After graduating from Merdiana Magic School in Wales, 10-year-old prodigy Negi Springfield is assigned to be an English teacher at Mahora Academy in Japan as training to become a Magister Magi. To his surprise, he is tasked with a class of 31 older girls, 2-A. The story tells his life and times as he juggles with keeping his magic a secret, trying to gain acceptance and respect from his students, helping them with their problems as their teacher, dealing with threats from inside and outside the academy, and finding his father, the legendary "Thousand Master".

Swagmaster:
Looking for a short, dark series with lots of action/suspense

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: M.Arpegian19 on July 02, 2012, 01:46:26 AM ---Looking for a short, dark series with lots of action/suspense

--- End quote ---
Elfen Lied

Toffee:

--- Quote from: M.Arpegian19 on July 02, 2012, 01:46:26 AM ---Looking for a short, dark series with lots of action/suspense

--- End quote ---

Try:

Mirrai Nikki
Bloody Monday
Rabbit Doubt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version