Author Topic: Anime/Manga recommendation thread  (Read 22740 times)

Offline Reisyukaku

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 2
  • 仕方がないわね
Re: Anime/Manga recommendation thread
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »
I recommend Rosario Vampire manga. You've no idea what you're missing, lol. The anime was an absolute disgrace though, so dont go off of that.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 07:16:35 AM »
A fun manga/anime to read/watch is an 17/18+ Ramna ½ I grew up reading it... was a fun read and not because of the boob....

Offline Caster no Mae

• Elite Member
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
  • Guru Guru Fluff~
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »
JOJO ANIME thats on going

Offline Arikado

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 201
    Defense: 130
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 5
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 05:45:24 AM »
Trigun. The anime is really good, and I heard the manga was good as well.

Offline [Gamblorez]

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
  • I'm A Rolly Polly Ravioli!
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »
Can anyone recommend some manga for me to read?

The most important thing is that the series have finished publishing. Preferably less action-oriented and not so much gore and/or horror; more on the light-hearted side, I guess. Other than that, I'll take pretty much anything. Comedy, romance, psychological, sci-fi, etc. Oh, except sports.

Not all of the manga i read, just the ones i think you'd like. (the ones in red aren't finished but I still recommend reading them)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Boku no Pico

Never Again

Oh and I recommend Kamisama no memochou (http://myanimelist.net/anime/10568/Kamisama_no_Memochou).

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »
I just finished Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) and simply cannot stress how great it is, I recommend it whole-heartedly. It's a tad slow to begin with but the final 6 episodes are phenomenal, literally left in tears and feels and a dropped jaw. Best anime of the year for me. Give it a gander.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:31:08 AM by Mr.PowPow » »

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 06:08:31 PM »
Corpse Party. Read that manga. Horror fans, you won't regret. I promise.

Offline Toffee

• Doesn't know about the matrix.
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • Whatevs.
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2013, 01:30:33 PM »
Aaahh.... my heart... is so at peace right now...so relaxing... <3

There really is nothing like a simple, cute, pure, honest, romance story to heal your heart and make you feel like everything is ok with the world.

If you're tired of all the drama, violence, meaningless sex, or whatever, and just want to relax with a nice, sweet story, go give Bonnouji a try.

It's really nothing more than the story of one adult couple's romance. No drama. No bulls***.
And yes, they are an adult couple. They have jobs, they go out drinking with their friends, and they do make love. If it were any other manga, it would be boring as hell, but somehow the way the characters in Bonnouji live their lives, and how they interact with each other, is written so well, and so real, that one can't help but open up their hearts and just go with the flow of the story.

So yeah, that's my two cents about this. It's finished in japan but there's still two chapters left to be translated so you might wanna wait until it's done before you start it.

Also, let's try and get this thread some more action!

Offline Arikado

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 10:56:58 AM »
Stein's;Gate. I'm surprised nobody mentioned this one...

Offline Apokura

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 79
    Defense: 68
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 6
  • What a horrible night to have a curse!
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »
Has anyone here watched Darker Than Black? I've heard good things about it, but I wanted the Arpegians' opinion. Is it good?

Offline Arikado

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 09:58:54 PM »
It's decent, imo. A lot of things aren't properly explained though. I recommend watching the OVAs before season 2.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 05:37:31 AM »
Haven't read manga/watched anime in a while.Bring rain upon me of your suggestions!

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 25
    Defense: 25
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 16
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2014, 06:04:13 AM »
I highly recommend Steins;Gate and Durarara!

Offline Arikado

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2014, 10:34:07 AM »
Stein's;Gate is amazing, imo.

Has anyone here seen Star Driver, and if so, is it any good?

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2014, 10:56:26 AM »
Has anyone here seen Star Driver, and if so, is it any good?

I quite like it. If you're interested in it for the mechas or action, though, I'd recommend against watching it. The mecha scenes are probably the worst parts of the anime.

The best parts of the anime are definitely the characters and their interactions with each other IMO.

Offline Arikado

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2014, 10:29:48 PM »
Well, I am slightly interested in the mecha genre, but not really. I did like Gurren Lagann. I tried watching the first few episodes of G Gundam, but I just couldn't get into it. lol Actually, I never really got into the Gundam series in general.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2014, 03:48:55 PM »
It's definitely not Gurren Lagann, that's for sure. There's a lot less emphasis on action, and it's not as over-the-top, if at all. They're not really comparable.

One thing I need to mention is that Star Driver starts out quite slow. The first few episodes concentrate on character development, and it only really picks up around episode 7 or so.

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2014, 05:15:14 AM »
Anyone know of an anime I can watch that is a slice of life and action, but has nothing to do with sports, fighting, or all of the things that make Nichijou funny?

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2014, 10:19:16 PM »
Starting to read manga again. Shower me with suggestions

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 25
    Defense: 25
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 16
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 11:48:07 PM »
Anyone know of an anime I can watch that is a slice of life and action, but has nothing to do with sports, fighting, or all of the things that make Nichijou funny?
Extremely late but you can try Azumanga Daioh.

Pokemon Adventures. Yes really. It's actually really really good and pretty dark considering it's Pokemon.

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2014, 03:10:14 AM »
PARASYTE IS BALLER

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2014, 05:51:22 AM »
PARASYTE IS BALLER
I almost forgot about this. am cri

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 09:41:07 PM »
I SHALL SHOWER THE WORLD WITH SUGGESTIONS
  • Doubutsu no Kuni -- In a world where there are no humans and all animals are sentient, a tanuki finds a baby human.
  • Hana to Akuma -- Fourteen years ago, a demon decided to live in the human world. There he found an abandoned baby and decided to raise her.
  • Anagle Mole -- There is a secret society of mages living underground on Earth who think that humans are all-powerful beings that can kill them with a single touch. One of these mages is sent to the surface as a spy to find the humans' weakness.
  • World Embryo -- A boy gets a text message from his deceased sister, asking him to go to an abandoned hospital. When he gets there, he finds a large, mysterious egg...
  • Nukoduke! -- There are small cats you can buy that look and act part human, but they're usually sold for somewhat high prices. What happens when a freelancer finds two of them that have been inexplicably abandoned, and decides to take them in?
  • Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou -- (Warning: Hentai Content) In a world where beast people and humans are striving to live together, a boy is forced be the host for a lamia's homestay. She's very affectionate, but it's illegal for humans and beast people to love each other!
  • Qualia the Purple -- A girl has a very odd friend. This friend has purple eyes and claims she sees every living thing as a robot. She soon realizes her friend has very unexpected talents due to the way she sees the world, and that's not always a good thing...
  • Shut Hell -- A boy in the modern world dreams of the 13th century. In his dreams, he is a psychopathic victim of war, traveling with a mongol prince...
  • Kodomo no Kodomo -- After her first sex education class, an 11 year old realizes she's pregnant with her friend's child.
  • Mama is a Fourth Grader -- On the night before a 4th grader departs for London, a baby appears in her house! In addition, she finds out the baby is from fifteen years in the future, and that it's her own!
  • MeruPuri: Märchen Prince -- A teenager has a perfect routine that is rumored will grant girls perfect boyfriends. One day, this routine is fatally disrupted by events of fairy tale proportions...
  • Sankarea -- A boy obsessed with zombies finds a way to revive his recently-died cat and goes to a secluded place to perform the ritual. When he gets there, he finds the idol of an all-girls school hanging around, wanting to die and be reborn as a new person.
  • Shade: The Other Side of Light -- A boy without a shadow has a mysterious power awaken in him that causes a couple of deaths, prompting him to join an organization to help him train his abilities.
  • Tokage -- An immortal soul is reborn if placed within a dead body. When a dead girl's body rises up again and a family's normal lives are threatened by an organization targeting this soul, they try to find an end to the immortal's eternal life.
  • Transfer Student Storm Bringer -- A boy transfers schools time and time again because all his classmates think his terrifying face means he is a physical threat. At his newest school, he decides it's time for a change...
  • Fairy Cube -- A boy who can see fairies is stalked by a vengeful spirit for reasons he doesn't know why. When his father kills him due to the spirit's influence, the spirit takes the boy's body and begins to ruin his life. The boy journeys to get his body back and find out exactly what's going on.
  • Baby Birth -- The descendants of a great savior must combat demons with the transforming power of music.
  • Franken Fran -- The daughter of a skilled doctor can perform any medical miracle imaginable, and doesn't seem to care about the repercussions of her surgeries as long as she's paid to make them happen...
  • Helen ESP -- After an accident, a girl is left blind, deaf, and mute. Even so, she still goes to school and has a wonderful life, assisted by her uncle and guide dog. However, it probably helps that she somehow developed ESP...
  • Love Monster -- A teenager is accepted into a school she never heard of or even applied for, and finds that all the students are monsters! What's worse, the student council head claims he's her fiance!
  • Kono Kanojo wa Fiction Desu -- A boy has had a fictional girlfriend he has been developing for years in secret, but has found he loves a real person, so he goes to burn all of his notes and drawings at a shrine. Curiously, he finds the girl he's in love with at that shrine! When he decides to show her all of the notes he's brought to burn...he opens the suitcase and inside is his fictional girlfriend, brought to life!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:45:41 PM by CarolineJohnson » »

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 10:05:30 PM »
These all sound really entertaining.
+1 will keep list for later.

Why the specific genre oriented toward maternity/childcare in the ones I glanced at? x:

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 11:10:13 PM »
Ahh, a wall of text! It burns my eyes!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal