Author Topic: NekoBots Strange News- Postnuclear Homes  (Read 1977 times)

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
NekoBots Strange News- Postnuclear Homes
« on: May 08, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »
Condo developer Larry Hall is already one-quarter sold out of the upscale doomsday units he is building in an abandoned underground Cold War-era Atlas-F missile silo near Salina, Kan. He told an Agence France-Presse reporter in April that his 14-story structure would house seven floors of apartments ($1 million to $2 million each, cash up front), with the rest devoted to dry food storage, filtered-water tanks and an indoor farm, which would raise fish and vegetables to sustain residents for five years. The 9-foot-thick concrete walls (built to protect rockets from a Soviet nuclear attack) would be buttressed by entrance security to ward off the savages who were not wise enough to prepare against famine, meteors, nuclear war and the like. Hall said he expects to be sold out this year and begin work on another of the three silos he has options to buy. [Agence France-Presse via Google News, 4-9-2012]

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
Re: NekoBots Strange News- Postnuclear Homes
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »
I'd love an underground nuclear shelter, I could go hide there when the mrs is in a bad mood.
I saw a program recently about some americans(who else?) that have built their own bunkers and stuff, quite interesting really. I think this is it: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal