Author Topic: In Memory of a Father  (Read 6179 times)

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
In Memory of a Father
« on: May 14, 2012, 06:52:14 PM »
This thread is for anyone who would like to say anything in rememberance or in good virtue of my late father.

Thank you for your support

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Re: In Memory of a Father
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 06:57:27 PM »
Like I said before...

I feel sorry for you man. My sympathies.
I am always free to talk if you need somebody.

Arpegi is here for you ~

Offline shredc0re

• Mythical Member
  • Attack: 62
    Defense: 61
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 6
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:58:49 PM »
I agree with Jonez. Arpegi is here for you ;)

I can't imagine what you're going through, to be honest.
And I'm sorry for your loss.

Offline Toffee

• Doesn't know about the matrix.
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • Whatevs.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »
Having been left fatherless since I was 8, I don't really know what it means to have a dad.
Honestly, I can't even imagine what you're going through.

But I do understand what it feels like to lose someone.
And since the only way I know of helping someone is by listening to them, I just have one thing to ask to help you in your time of grief.

What was your dad like? I'd really like to know.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:26:40 PM »
In truth, I never concidered the man to be my father even with our blood ties.

My dad was a great man. A proud man. He was grown from a rich naval history and thus was raised very strictly. He was secretive with his feelings and often found that he cared too much to show it. He was always busy and alsways working, providing for his family in every way he could.

I never lived with my dad until I was 10 years old. He was in the navy, like his fater and his father before him. When I was 4, he did something (that I cant legally say, sorry, government stuff >.>) and was given an option of working for the government full time or being dishonorably discharged. He chose the later of the two. After his discharge, he came home to find his home was about to be repossesed, his wife left him for another man and with her, she took his kids. My old man was very strong and able, mentally he got through the shock and found reasons to keep going. He made money to keep the house and he kept working to pay off unpaid bills. This roughly took 2 years for him to do. Immediately after the courts had contacted him to report that DCF had taken my brothers and I away from our mother and were planning to give him jail time due to his uninvolvement. My father cleared his name and fought feircely for possesion of his children. It took him 3 years to do it. While I grew up with my father, we supported each other against the greif given by his 2nd wife, and later in life I helped him devorice her. He worked all day everyday for weeks, months, years, paying for things I couldn't comprehend. We never went on vacations with each other and we never saw each other much. It was that lack that I started to grow to hate the man. He always came to my graduations though. My National Honors Society induction, and he was there when my heart stopped for 10 minutes with me looking to die. He was there when it really mattered the most. I didn't relise it until he died though.

He got layed off three times and suffered many financial problems because of the divorice.

In his death, I was able to forgive him for not being there in my early childhood.... when I needed a father. It wasn't his fault he wasn't there, nor was it mine. In his death I realised that he spent every penny of his paycheck to pay for us to live in our house. In his death I found out he left me an amount of money to stay stable after college. In his death, I found I had a father.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 10:18:56 PM »
My condolences

Offline Toffee

• Doesn't know about the matrix.
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • Whatevs.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 05:38:29 AM »
In truth, I never concidered the man to be my father even with our blood ties.

My dad was a great man. A proud man. He was grown from a rich naval history and thus was raised very strictly. He was secretive with his feelings and often found that he cared too much to show it. He was always busy and alsways working, providing for his family in every way he could.

I never lived with my dad until I was 10 years old. He was in the navy, like his fater and his father before him. When I was 4, he did something (that I cant legally say, sorry, government stuff >.>) and was given an option of working for the government full time or being dishonorably discharged. He chose the later of the two. After his discharge, he came home to find his home was about to be repossesed, his wife left him for another man and with her, she took his kids. My old man was very strong and able, mentally he got through the shock and found reasons to keep going. He made money to keep the house and he kept working to pay off unpaid bills. This roughly took 2 years for him to do. Immediately after the courts had contacted him to report that DCF had taken my brothers and I away from our mother and were planning to give him jail time due to his uninvolvement. My father cleared his name and fought feircely for possesion of his children. It took him 3 years to do it. While I grew up with my father, we supported each other against the greif given by his 2nd wife, and later in life I helped him devorice her. He worked all day everyday for weeks, months, years, paying for things I couldn't comprehend. We never went on vacations with each other and we never saw each other much. It was that lack that I started to grow to hate the man. He always came to my graduations though. My National Honors Society induction, and he was there when my heart stopped for 10 minutes with me looking to die. He was there when it really mattered the most. I didn't relise it until he died though.

He got layed off three times and suffered many financial problems because of the divorice.

In his death, I was able to forgive him for not being there in my early childhood.... when I needed a father. It wasn't his fault he wasn't there, nor was it mine. In his death I realised that he spent every penny of his paycheck to pay for us to live in our house. In his death I found out he left me an amount of money to stay stable after college. In his death, I found I had a father.

He truly was a great man. And you, a great son. I can see that you truly do care for your father. And I can honestly say that your father would have been proud to call you his son.

"When King Lear dies in Act V, do you know what Shakespeare has written? He's written "He dies." That's all, nothing more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is "He dies." It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to come up with "He dies." And yet every time I read those two words, I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies." but because of the life we saw prior to the words. "

- Mr. Magorium (From the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium)

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 06:44:19 AM »
strong words :}

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 07:31:16 AM »
I have no idea what to say that hasn't already been said, but here is an image that can probably convey a message better than I can.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:33:13 AM by CarolineJohnson » »

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 03:55:08 PM »
I feel terribly sorry for you.
But he also went to a better place ( don't take this as a bad thing please I know how it feels.)
the best thing you can do is to remember the great memory's you have of him and try to give it a place as soon as possible. don't want you to end up like i did. anyway's good luck and w've got your back

Offline Xenirina

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 92
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • Writing the world one line at a time.
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 12:36:20 AM »
I cannot comprehend on how hard this is on you.
I have never lost someone myself, and do not know the feeling.

You have my condolences.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal