Creative > Roleplay

Roleplay Tips Thread

<< < (3/9) > >>

BloodcatNS:

--- Quote from: NekoJonez on May 16, 2012, 04:20:18 PM ---[*] Try to avoid stereo typing!

--- End quote ---
I dunno... sometimes characters are based on stereotypes.

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: BloodcatNS on May 16, 2012, 04:34:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: NekoJonez on May 16, 2012, 04:20:18 PM ---[*] Try to avoid stereo typing!

--- End quote ---
I dunno... sometimes characters are based on stereotypes.

--- End quote ---

Based = / = Stereo type.

You EXPAND or give a twist on it.

Mr.PowPow:
A good thing is to be descriptive with posts, one-line posts can be dull and leaves very little for the next poster to work with.

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: Mr.PowPow on May 16, 2012, 05:49:20 PM ---A good thing is to be descriptive with posts, one-line posts can be dull and leaves very little for the next poster to work with.

--- End quote ---
I normally don't write too much descriptions... I do it more by text... Like using dots for thinking and CAPS for shouting. Also, I let the other character "read" the line... But... I agree with PowPow here... Although... One line shouts are another story.

Mr.PowPow:

--- Quote from: NekoJonez on May 16, 2012, 05:53:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mr.PowPow on May 16, 2012, 05:49:20 PM ---A good thing is to be descriptive with posts, one-line posts can be dull and leaves very little for the next poster to work with.

--- End quote ---
I normally don't write too much descriptions... I do it more by text... Like using dots for thinking and CAPS for shouting. Also, I let the other character "read" the line... But... I agree with PowPow here... Although... One line shouts are another story.

--- End quote ---
One-liners are fine when used "sometimes", but if they are totally abused then the story starts to lose shape and whats happening becomes vague.
However its just the way -I- work, it may be good for others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version