Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII  (Read 10788 times)

Offline Toffee

• Doesn't know about the matrix.
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • Whatevs.
Re: Final Fantasy VII
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 11:02:25 PM »
Okay, somebody better point me to a good tutorial on how to play this on the PC because all of your posts have got me REALLY REALLY interested now.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 07:13:09 AM »
why npt just ise a isb controller and program it so you can ise it?

anywho...... a games value and worth can only be determined by the player

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 08:43:38 AM »
Okay, somebody better point me to a good tutorial on how to play this on the PC because all of your posts have got me REALLY REALLY interested now.
Just emulate it, it's far easier. I can't get my PC version working on Vista and I've tried everything.

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 03:41:14 AM »
What cloud save thingy?
Quote from: my link
Cloud Saves

Whether you’re away from home or simply using a different computer to play, enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII wherever you are. With cloud save support in FINAL FANTASY VII you can continue your game progress right where you left off, all you need is an internet connection.
You heard of cloud gaming right? Well this sounds like it's all online. It might be just the saves though.
Cloud saving is bacially this: You set cloud saving to on and play the game. When you exit the game, it uploads your save file to the internet. It's an optional feature and you can play the game offline and upload your save to the internet later on when you choose to connect to the internet again. It's a handy feature if you play the game on multiple computers and don't want to fiddle with copying your save manually and putting it in the same place on the other computer(s).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:43:01 AM by CarolineJohnson » »

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 05:10:48 AM »
Oh Cloud like iCloud and shit. I thought you meant like Cloud Strife saves i was thinking wtf

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 05:39:57 AM »
Cloud saving is bacially this: You set cloud saving to on and play the game. When you exit the game, it uploads your save file to the internet. It's an optional feature and you can play the game offline and upload your save to the internet later on when you choose to connect to the internet again. It's a handy feature if you play the game on multiple computers and don't want to fiddle with copying your save manually and putting it in the same place on the other computer(s).
But are you always required to be connected? DRM maybe?

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 06:40:17 AM »
But are you always required to be connected? DRM maybe?
Nope. You're not always required to be connected. The only time you have to be connected is if you want to upload your save to the cloud.

Which, if you're doing all this on Steam, you're probably connected anyway because offline gaming with Steam is a pain in the ass because you can't boot into offline mode if you're already offline because it requires to connect to the server (probably a DRM thing) once before it can go offline.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:44:30 AM by CarolineJohnson » »

Attack Member
  • S'up?
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 06:50:33 AM »
Nope. You're not always required to be connected. The only time you have to be connected is if you want to upload your save to the cloud.

Which, if you're doing all this on Steam, you're probably connected anyway because offline gaming with Steam is a pain in the ass because you can't boot into offline mode if you're already offline because it requires to connect to the server (probably a DRM thing) once before it can go offline.
So you do have to connect though. Another thing that makes me think you will always have to be connected about that Cloud save is that yeah you can use it on another PC, but will you also have to download and install it for every PC you might fancy playing it on? I think that's more hassle than it's worth.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »
In FFVII I have the worst OCD. I -HAVE- to obtain all the possible limit breaks (except for Finals) before leaving Midgar. This means that Barret, Tifa, Cloud and Aerith will all be set to obtain their final limits before the game even picks up in the battle system. This also means that before I get to the Don's Palace, Cloud and Aerith are already in their level 20's.

Though, I will admit, it helps because due to this, I never got to see the game over screen until I faced Emerald weapon. Plus pwning Rufus with Finishing Touch is awesome =3

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 03:15:55 PM »
In FFVII, I couldn't live with myself knowing that I missed even ONE item. That's why I made my own missables guide :3

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 03:41:31 PM »
In FFVII, I couldn't live with myself knowing that I missed even ONE item. That's why I made my own missables guide :3
Same dood, though, thats the sorta skill that you learn in FF6. Missing things in that game is horrible.
Though, you don't miss stuff in FFVII so long as you check everywhere in the screen and steal from enemies.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »
You can still miss the huge materias therefore missing Bahamut ZERO

And Trine and Pandora's Box

It took me 2 years and 5 playthroughs to perfect my missables guide, I have it posted on RomU

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »
The only one I ever missed was Pandora's box, simply because I kept killing the enemies in the Northern Crater too fast....and also because Enemy Skill becomes somewhat redundant around that point in the game, with all the mega powerful materia you obtain by then.

As for the huge materias, with the Weapons blocking their path, they are hard enough to obtain o_o

Unless you are referring to the other huge materias you obtain through the gold chocobo side quest, which is indeed reasonable since its a long and tasking procedure that isn't even hinted at.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal