Author Topic: Collection or Addiction?  (Read 4206 times)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Collection or Addiction?
« on: June 21, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
Do collectors collect or are they just addicted... And is that addicted in a positive or negative way?

I collect Nintendo games.. especially for the handhelds. But I collect for other systems as well... I enjoy it quite a lot... Going from fleamarket to fleamarket to hunt down cheap games to add to my collection... Am I addicted to games... Yes... Do, I think it's bad... Nope. It's great to spend some effort to hunt down your games instead of "Googling them and click a certain download button."

So what do you guys think... collection or addiction...? (Not only about me collecting games please =P)

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
Re: Collection or Addiction?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »
Actually depends on the situation. BTW, there's no such thing as a "healthy addiction". Maybe you mean hobby?

If you can actually buy them while making your budget do fine, then it's just a hobby. It becomes an addiction when you prioritize it more than your needs.

As for me, I don't collect games whatsoever. I don't collect anything, actually. :P

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »
Actually depends on the situation. BTW, there's no such thing as a "healthy addiction". Maybe you mean hobby?

If you can actually buy them while making your budget do fine, then it's just a hobby. It becomes an addiction when you prioritize it more than your needs.

As for me, I don't collect games whatsoever. I don't collect anything, actually. :P
Hehehe... I use hobby in the meaning of sports or playing an instrument... Maybe I just have the wrong context :P

Offline FuyuhotaruP

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 51
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • MINE!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
well I love collecting cards
digital or not
(wish I can collect those Weiss Schwarz cards)
and I agree with what blud said
if you spent too much on something you can't afford its probably an addiction

Offline shredc0re

• Mythical Member
  • Attack: 62
    Defense: 61
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 6
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 04:38:51 PM »
Liar, you collect boo bees.

And a a collection can become an addiction if you don't watch out. Just like Blood stated already.

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »
I'm addicted to collecting games more than playing them. I like it.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »
I buy like 3 or 4 games a year legit. I like supporting stuff I really like f.e. Paradox.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 08:36:04 AM »
Specidically an addiction is when anything and i mean a n y t h i n g that you do or collect stimulates your brain in a way that only what yoir doing can. Which will register to your brain as a need and not  want. That is why its hard to stop because if your brain doesnt receive the stimuation of the need it can lead to depressions erratical behavior and withdrawal. When dealing with a chemical adiction it is even harder.

For example say you get drug a for free and sample it. your brain goes into an unnatural happy state and you fwel loopy hapy. then the feeling goes away. because of the drug your natural happy stte is now higher then it was and so you cant fwel happy like you want to. solution? you get more of drug a! it will bring you to that happy place agin. but every time the normal stte of mind the brain registers as hapy becomes mor and more irregular aking it impossible for you to be happy wothout the drug. Sowhen trying to quit the adddiction you go into a depression of withdrawal. unable to be happy because you need the drug to be happy. after time the happy stte becomes easier and easier to obtin again bit it will nevwr be how ot once was.

that is how a chemical addiction works in terms of stimuation to the rain and why it becomes registered as a need.

possesive addiftion works like tht but more as an aid to depression and an aid o again be happy again.

addictions are all ruling and often ties we will never know we are addicted to something until it is too late

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal