Author Topic: Looking for another great anime~  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
Looking for another great anime~
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:20:11 AM »
Unfortunately when I started my trek into the world of anime, I stumbled upon some very influential anime, all of which are well known and are highly regarded.
Now this is a good thing and a bad thing, good because it pushed me into the whole anime thing pretty quickly, bad because now I'm extremely picky about my anime. Once you've had a taste of some of the best, its hard to really find another that has the same taste to it.
I was wondering if some of you could direct me to another anime(s) that might suit me, I'm heavily into Psychological anime, action and mixed in with drama. Sometimes mecha, but only when the mecha aspect doesn't completely rule the story.

The animes that I liked the most are Death Note, Code Geass, RaHxephon and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I cannot, for the life of me pick an anime at random, even if its within the genre that I like, just in the fear that its not going to be good. Because up until now all the anime I have watched has suited my taste.

So, any suggestions?

Offline Cupcake Fury

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • Yoooooooo
Re: Looking for another great anime~
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 03:34:05 AM »
There is this one anime, can't remember what it was called altough ik I have the name in a text file on my pc

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »
Ranma 1/2 
Elvenlied
Death Note
InuYasha
Pokémon
Digimon
Sailer Moon
Yi-Gi-Oh
Kirby
Fushigi Yuugi

Currently watching:

Chrono Cross
Fairy Tail
Samurai Champloo

I honestly suggest them all... But it's up to you ~ I mostly watch those animes where a group makes a travel or is battling a great evil... Like the Original RP. With drama, action, humor, comedy... and such.

For Mecha... I advise you talk to Melfice.

Offline Caster no Mae

• Elite Member
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
  • Guru Guru Fluff~
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 01:41:51 PM »
Gundam Series as Whole - I think G-Gundam would be to you
Haiyore! No Nyarlko San! - while not a Drama and More of a Reference Anime with Humor(like all Reference Animes, Such as Gintama) its Ongoing and Really Funny for any one who is fan of H.P lovecraft on Drugs
Mononoke - its Interesting Art is the Main Atractions of it, its Really Good, atleast, I liked it

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:52:08 PM »
To aru majustu no index
I can't remember what this one is about, havent watched it in around 6 months I just remember it is one of my favorite anime~

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 04:09:07 PM »
Casshern Sins might fit your taste. And maybe Mirai Nikki.

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »
Some of the anime that fit your description, and will definitely like.

• Welcome to the NHK - A slice of life anime about a recluse with really heavy psychological aspects. I really liked this one. I suggest you start with this anime.

• Ghost in the Shell - THE WHOLE FRICKING SERIES! Even the 1995 film that came before the anime. I heard it was really great. It's about a futuristic world where cybernetics is quite abundant. It has a lot of philosophical aspects in it. Or so I've heard.

• Paranoia Agent - I haven't watched it yet, but I heard it's good. About a child serial killer by the name of Lil' Slugger.

• Ergo Proxy - A psychological action anime. Heavy on psychological, and less in action. But awesome nonetheless. It's about a post-apocalyptic future where the sun no longer rises and where humans take refuge in dome cities. Take note, sometimes episodes are quite confusing, but all of them are canon.

• Mirai Nikki - Haven't watched it. I heard it was like Death Note or something. From what I've heard, it's a must watch. It's about a highschool murder that continues to persist. It has a big twist. The students are the one murdering each other and the protagonist has to kill the one responsible for the others' psychotic outbreaks.

• Kino's Journey - About a person who travels. Kino always arrives in a village to study its culture, before leaving after a few days.
Here are some of my personal favorites that don't fit your description. It's definitely worth a try.
  • Durarara!! - An action anime with a great quirky story and awesome action that's really worth a watch. It's about a gang war in Ikebukuro. There's a lot of supernatural elements in it.

• Samurai Champloo - Made by the creator of the masterpiece that is Cowboy Bebop. A must watch. The ast sentence was an understatement. It's about a girl, accompanied by her legendary, but near useless bodyguards, in her search for the "samurai who smells of sunflowers".

• Cowboy Bebop- An anime masterpiece. You're going to watch this periodically, I swear by my internet life. Even though it has just 26 episodes. It's about group of bounty hunters making a living. There's more to that though. Just watch it.

• Baccano! - Made by the creators of Durarara!! and set in the same universe. Albeit a different time line. But it doesn't really matter, does it? You'll find out why. Anyway, I can only summarize it as an anime mixed with magic, alchemy, mafia, a comedic thieving duo and immortality. YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS.

• Darker Than Black - You'll love the main character's awesomeness and grim reaper-esque feel. Just watch it. Not as good as the others above, but definitely worth a watch. :3
And here are others that I haven't watched, but you might like.
  • Kaiji - I heard it was like Death Note. Haven't watched it though.

• Hellsing - It's about a vampire named "Alucard". From what I've gathered, the main character is quite overpowered. And that's still an understatement.

• Eureka Seven - Haven't watched it. But methinks that it has romance and mecha elements to it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:48:22 PM by BloodcatNS » »

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »
I haven't seen too much anime but I liked Full Metal Panic.

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 05:33:30 PM »
Shakugan No Shana

Offline Caster no Mae

• Elite Member