Author Topic: EBOOT Help  (Read 8319 times)

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
EBOOT Help
« on: June 27, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
I'm trying to get my PSP to run Eboot games, I do have custom firmware and I have popsloader, but I keep getting the same error message.

Cannot run this game (CA0005)

I have the Eboot game in the GAME folder, as there was no GAME150 folder to put it in. A lot of people say it works in both.

Any help here?

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
Re: EBOOT Help
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:22:47 AM »
Are you trying to run a ps1 game?

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 01:20:19 AM »
Are you trying to run a ps1 game?
Indeed I am, Final Fantasy VII.

Okay, so I solved the previous problem. It was apparently something wrong with the EBOOT file.
However I have a new problem, whenever I start a game using the EBoot file, it runs fine, however when I press the home button and bring up the options (such as restart game, quit, change discs) I can move toggle the options but I cannot click any of them. I'm assuming it has something to do with me using "the original flash" option instead of the Popsloader options, but none of those work when I use them (the freeze the screen).

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 04:10:03 AM »
Is it the same error, though?
I googled it and it says you're missing keys.bin

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:40:04 AM »
No, the error isn't the same as last time. Ya-see, when I press the home button and get sent to the psx option screen, I can't get off the screen because it won't let me select or cancel, only toggle the options. So I literally have to turn the entire thing off, I've tested this with other Eboot games (such as Vagrant Story) and the result is the same. So I can only assume that its going to be universal with every game.

keys.bin? Is that like something that is unique to each game? If so, I'm unsure if it will help, seeing as this seems to be effective all of the games, but to my knowledge the X and O keys work fine in normal gameplay, its only the option screen that screws up.

*sigh* It's only really a problem for games that have multiple discs, because I can't change discs without the option screen, if there is no solution then thats fine, I'll just stick to one disc games.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »
Have you tried a different version of popsloader? Or try the PSN version of Final Fantasy VII.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »
Have you tried a different version of popsloader? Or try the PSN version of Final Fantasy VII.
I've tried them all dood.
And does the PSN verson of Final Fantasy VII automatically change discs? If so, then this might be playable.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
I think you still have to manually change discs, but PSN versions of games are supposed to work perfectly, without any bugs. Have you tried any PSN versions yet?

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 03:55:41 PM »
I'm unsure if my current one is a PSN version, but I'm gonna download PSN one now and then relay the results.

Okay so like, I downloaded the PSN and it was indeed different, but I still have the same menu problem. I think I'm coming to the conclusion that it is neither the popsloader or the Eboot, something must be wrong with the connections between my buttons and the option screen, something wrong with the psp itself.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:43:20 PM by Mr.PewPew » »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal