Author Topic: New executive order could give US President control over internet  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Caster no Mae

• Elite Member
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
  • Guru Guru Fluff~

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Re: New executive order could give US President control over internet
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »
Are they trying to keep us busy with shit like this so that we are distracted or something?!
USA... Stop claiming what is supposed to be free!

Offline Caster no Mae

• Elite Member
    Attack Member
  • Guru Guru Fluff~
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »
I would Say America is busy stirring shit like some kid wanting attention.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »
True. They are just trying to control the internet to give them more power because... What do you gain if the internet is all legal? Well, the illegal things will move offline and get sold on the streets and crime will raise even more!

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »
True. They are just trying to control the internet to give them more power because... What do you gain if the internet is all legal? Well, the illegal things will move offline and get sold on the streets and crime will raise even more!
Internet crime isn't so bad anyhoo. I mean downloading is like if a thief copied your car and stole the copy, but left your car....as if nothing ever happened.
I do realize that it does reduce the amount of money that artists get, but does that -really- make such a big impact? I mean, the artists that are pissed off are already millionaires anyway o.O

Offline Caster no Mae

• Elite Member
    Attack Member
  • Guru Guru Fluff~
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 06:05:13 PM »
Internet crime isn't so bad anyhoo. I mean downloading is like if a thief copied your car and stole the copy, but left your car....as if nothing ever happened.
I do realize that it does reduce the amount of money that artists get, but does that -really- make such a big impact? I mean, the artists that are pissed off are already millionaires anyway o.O

Fun Fact, One of the US Companies Said Once that: "They Are Losing to Internet RUDICILUS AMOUNT OF MONEY"
 THATS 15%(or was it 5%?) MORE THAN THE ENTRIE  PLANETS GDP

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 07:59:30 PM »

Fun Fact, One of the US Companies Said Once that: "They Are Losing to Internet RUDICILUS AMOUNT OF MONEY"
 THATS 15%(or was it 5%?) MORE THAN THE ENTRIE  PLANETS GDP
That sounds like a bit of a dramatization. I think we shall all take what the Government says with a pinch of salt, I mean, they probably said that in order to justify their actions.
The internet is becoming huge....and they want more control over people, since the internet is where most people are these days, that seems like the next logical step for them.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
USA can't claim what's worldwide. They'll just have to let it go or face counteractions.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »

Yeah, it's not like I'm gonna buy it if don't pirate it.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 08:32:30 PM »

It's more like: You sell cars, but someone bought one of your cars and started copying it and hands out those cars for free.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal