Author Topic: BLOODYF*** News: Shooting Rampage at Dark Knight Rises Showing in Colo; 12 Dead  (Read 6514 times)

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
HELLO, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! This is BloodyF*** News and this is Blood/Bloodcat/Bloodlust/Alex/whatever relaying serious news that is NOT about boobs. Unfortunately, I don't have a banner for this, but what the heck.

At least 12 people were killed and at least 50 were injured when a masked gunman reportedly kicked open an exit door and opened fire during a midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises at a mall in Aurora, Colo. Aurora police chief Dan Oates said that 10 died during the attack, and two more died in area hospitals.

Police and witness reports indicate that a gunman fired into the audience 15 minutes into the midnight showing of the film. Police confirmed that the shooter — who entered theater number 9 dressed all in black and wearing a gas mask and released a canister filled with gas — fired a rifle multiple times into the audience. Speaking on the Today show, one witness described the suspect as wearing a SWAT-like outfit. Several children, including a three-month-old and a six-year-old girl, were among those treated at nearby hospitals, according to reports.

Federal law enforcement officers identified the shooter as 24-year-old James Holmes. He was captured by police in a back parking lot and was taken into custody. Authorities are saying that it appears this suspect acted alone. Police, however, are still scouring the immediate area and other local movie theaters for any possible accomplices. A Colo. bomb squad was also called to check reports that an explosion occurred within the movie theater, and to investigate a suspicious vehicle parked outside of the cinema.

At a Friday morning campaign rally in Fort Myers, Fla., President Obama put aside his planned campaign appearance. “There will be other days for politics,” he told the crowd. “This is a day for prayer and reflection.” The president had released a statement earlier in the morning. “Michelle and I are shocked and saddened by the horrific and tragic shooting in Colorado,” he said. “As we do when confronted by moments of darkness and challenge, we must now come together as one American family.”

At an early morning press conference, Oates said his officers found the gunman with a mask, a rifle and a handgun by a car behind the theater — at least two more weapons, an assault weapon and another handgun, were found inside the man’s vehicle. ”He did not resist. He did not put up a fight,” Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN.

The police chief added that the suspect told officers after being taken into custody that there may be explosives in his apartment. Oates told reporters that authorities had evacuated a complex in North Aurora, a three-story brick apartment complex at East 17th Avenue and Peoria Street in Aurora, located about four miles from the movie theater, according to 9News.

Witnesses say that the bullets went through the wall from the theater where the shooting took place and hit several victims in an adjacent Dark Knight midnight showing. “We just heard a pop, pop, pop, pop,” Quentin Caldwell, who was attending the Batman showing in an adjacent theater, told CNN. The shooting happened at about 12:30 a.m. at the Town Center in Aurora at the Century 16 theater on East Alameda Avenue, according to KCNC. Theater 9 has a capacity of around 300 people.

Warner Brothers, the studio which created the Dark Knight film, issued a statement Friday morning: “Warner Bros. is deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident. We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time.” Warner Brothers, (who like TIME, is owned by Time Warner), also decided to cancel the Friday evening Paris premiere of The Dark Knight Rises, The Hollywood Reporter notes.

U.S. Representative Ed Perlmutter (D-CO), who represents Aurora, also issued a statement Friday morning: “Colorado is not a violent place, but we have some violent people. We are a strong and resilient community, and we will lean on each other in the days, weeks and months to come.”

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/20/shooting-rampage-at-dark-knight-showing-in-colo-10-dead/#ixzz21Az5Yov0

LINK:http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/20/shooting-rampage-at-dark-knight-showing-in-colo-10-dead/

What do you guys make of this? Should gun restrictions be strictly enforced? Or would that do nothing? Was there any problem here at all or is it just because of a psychopath on the loose?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:18:43 PM by BloodcatNS » »

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
I hope DanzNewz didn't get shot D:
He lives near Denver and loves Batman.

I've heard 14 people died so far.

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
I've heard 14 people died so far.
And I've heard that 15 died. My guess it's an estimation.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Oh wow...

That's just... I have no real words for it... - Sighs - Tragic.

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
It said 14 on the news this morning but it was later revised to 12.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
My cousin told me it was because somebody spoiled the movie

Offline shredc0re

• Mythical Member
  • Attack: 62
    Defense: 61
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 6
I read this story on the belgian newcast this morning, wtf dude. I don't want to live on this world anymore.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
My cousin told me it was because somebody spoiled the movie
I hate when people talk during movies just as much as the next person, seems like a bit of an overreaction though~

In all serious, my condolences to the families of the deceased, its times like these that make me feel like this world is starting to show its true colors.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
The Creatures were there that night >.<
Thank god they weren't hurt.

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
I dunno if this may spark your interest or anything, but this seems to relate to another incident 13 years ago at Columbine High, in Colorado.
On April 20th, two seniors went on a shooting spree. 13 people were killed, 12 students and one teacher.
I mean, I'm heavily into conspiracy theories and although this is a bit far-fetched(and I may just be crazy), but these two COULD have some relation. o.o
It's interesting either way. 
Das whut le TV said.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:16:09 AM by LaTyrannia » »

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
I dunno if this may spark your interest or anything, but this seems to relate to another incident 13 years ago at Columbine High, in Colorado.
On April 20th, two seniors went on a shooting spree. 13 people were killed, 12 students and one teacher.
I mean, I'm heavily into conspiracy theories and although this is a bit far-fetched(and I may just be crazy), but these two COULD have some relation. o.o
It's interesting either way. 
Das whut le TV said.
The shooter might've based his actions on that incident, but that doesn't make it a conspiracy. >.<

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
He's beeeen consppiirin'

Offline Noob

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
This is just fucked up.

Offline nosoupforyou

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 99
    Attack Member
  • they see me trollin...they hatin
      • nosoupforyou5
the worst part about it is the movie will be remembered and overshadowed by this tragic event. and this movie was a masterpiece too

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
I heard the guy was released from prison but is being kept at a mental institute

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
the worst part about it is the movie will be remembered and overshadowed by this tragic event. and this movie was a masterpiece too
To be absolutely honest, I doubt that will happen. I don't mean to sound evil or cold, but not -that- many people died, as opposed to other tragic events that have happened this year.

So I don't think many people will think that this movie will be overshadowed, especially outside of America.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:00:22 AM by EvaKerplunk » »

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
To be absolutely honest, I doubt that will happen. I don't mean to sound evil or cold, but not -that- many people died, as opposed to other tragic events that have happened this year.

So I don't think many people will think that this movie will be overshadowed, especially outside of America.
It's just the opposite here, this makes me want to see the movie, I'm such a badass. Taking a bulletproof vest with me though. :P

Offline nosoupforyou

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 99
    Attack Member
  • they see me trollin...they hatin
      • nosoupforyou5
i guess, i m just tired of hearing about this there is always a summer tragedy. micheal jackson was one for ex.  i wanted people to respect this movie for more than an action film

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
You know what I just realized that makes this whole situation even more shitty?

This killer was white. Everybody thinks he was just a crazy guy

What if this guy was Arab or muslim? Everyone would be so quick to judge, they would be hating on the whole religion because of something one person did

Goddamn, sometimes Americans piss me off so much it makes me ashamed to be one of them

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi

What if this guy was Arab or muslim? Everyone would be so quick to judge, they would be hating on the whole religion because of something one person did

Goddamn, sometimes Americans piss me off so much it makes me ashamed to be one of them
Still, when you think of a psycho or a pedophile, you usually end up with a white guy.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member

Still, when you think of a psycho or a pedophile, you usually end up with a white guy.
I also love the way bank robbers are seen as white, yet robbers in general are seen as black. You americans are so funneh~

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
I also love the way bank robbers are seen as white, yet robbers in general are seen as black. You americans are so funneh~
Bank robbers are all Russian too :P

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
Russian and arabs. Anything they do here in America will get the entire race judged -.-

Then when it comes to general crime, they always blame mexicans and blacks first thing

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
One fact that can't be denied: Every race still sees the Caucasian race as the "main" race which has to judge all other races. How many white guys get in trouble for racism for every black guy?

Going a little off-topic here though ^-^

Anyway, still seeing the movie even though this happened.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:43:32 PM by Mizari- » »

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
Anyway, still seeing the movie even though this happened.
Same, though I was never planning to go to a cinema to see it. So my downloading stance still stands =3

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal