Author Topic: Games you wish existed but don't  (Read 5730 times)

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
Games you wish existed but don't
« on: November 08, 2012, 02:16:36 AM »
Well, I had a dream the other day and it was of a game I thought might be kind of cool. It looked kind of like a Tales game, but with more of the gameplay of, say, Zelda or Shining Force. The only storyline points I remember is a young boy waking up in a field after being protected from monsters by a silver-haired woman with cat ears and multiple tails. She called the boy "master", and followed him into a town. It was night. They talked about how he didn't remember a thing. As they went to walk into a shop, they were stopped by some military men who, after learning the boy and the woman were traveling, examined the map the boy had and found that he had no landmarks marked on it. They looked at the boy and, though they didn't mention it, he was older than before. They looked back to the map and somehow opened up a landmark on it (I guess the map was electronic?), which was some kind of castle, and zoomed in on it until they saw the castle's owner, which had the exact same face as the boy. The boy pulled the map down and looked at the men oddly. Then I woke up. But I really want to know what happens next.

Anyone else got any kinds of games they wish existed but don't and probably won't?

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
Re: Games you wish existed but don't
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:24:15 PM »
Cool dreams you have.

Facism Simulator!
Become the leader of an economically and politically pissed off country and conquer the world with it.

lol

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »
A hentai game that is produced by a company like Microsoft or Sony, cutting edge graphics and whatnot. That would be awesome.

Offline Cupcake Fury

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 04:06:19 PM »
A hentai game that is produced by a company like Microsoft or Sony, cutting edge graphics and whatnot. That would be awesome.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 05:35:22 PM »
SAO

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 06:20:32 PM »
Sexy Beach 3 comes pretty close.

As for the game I wish that had existed I would like an Action RPG combined with the Sims. Story doesn't matter, all it needs is beautiful gameplay and hours of fun.

Oh, and Half Life 3.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 06:21:52 PM »
It's a tad repetitive though :/

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »

Plus it's a game about a sexy beach. Who the hell has fantasies about sand and ocean being sexy? LOL

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »
Or you can did what I did. Download a 100% savegame and jump straight into 'action'.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:12:47 PM by FiST » »

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »
Well, here are some games that have to be made in my eyes... No original idea's since I keep those for my stories and such =P.

Majora's Mask 3DS, but there is a chance. :3

A new GOOD Indiana Jones 3D game like Infernal Machine / Emperor's Tomb. Staff of Kings was so bad. They have to remake Infernal Machine!

Age Of Empires 4. Do I really have to explain this?

Age Of Mythology 2. Again, no need to explain.

Time Hollow 2. The original is way to short.

A new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Game for (3)DS. They were amazing in my opinion. Screw those who compare it to other games in it's genre, it was amazing.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 07:11:09 PM »
-Portal 3
-Half-Life 3
-Team Fortress 3
(basically all Valve games need another sequel)

-Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 Remaster (not a remake)
-a decent Evangelion game, Evangelion Jo was okay but we need one for the PS3.
-Death note game, though I can imagine it having a lot of Assassin's Creed elements to it. Apart from all the free-running.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 07:16:33 PM »

-Death note game

That has potential for some epic fourth wall breakage. The game taps into your PSN, Xlive account (which has some of your personal info, like your name) and in the end of the game, your name appears on the book, freaking you the fuck out!

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 25
    Defense: 25
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 16
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »
A Final Fantasy VI Remake in the veins of that Final Fantasy IV remake for the DS.

Offline Toffee

• Doesn't know about the matrix.
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 4
  • Whatevs.
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »
A Final Fantasy VI Remake in the veins of that Final Fantasy IV remake for the PSP.

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »
But...The DS one was better! And harder!

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 10:00:53 PM »
the only thing I dislike about the DS FF's are the god awful sprites, and the remixed music.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 12:34:52 AM »
-Death note game
That has potential for some epic fourth wall breakage. The game taps into your PSN, Xlive account (which has some of your personal info, like your name) and in the end of the game, your name appears on the book, freaking you the fuck out!
Or someone who wants to kill you has the same name as yourself. :P

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 12:54:48 AM »
the only thing I dislike about the DS FF's are the god awful sprites, and the remixed music.
Are we talking about the same game here? The game was in 3D and the music wasn't bad. o-o
Except for FFIII's final battle theme, that was bad.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 01:27:03 AM »
Are we talking about the same game here? The game was in 3D and the music wasn't bad. o-o
Except for FFIII's final battle theme, that was bad.
maybe "sprites" was the wrong word, whatever you would call the in-game designs. In DS FFIII they looked really bad, I actually found it really hard to play the game simply because of the way the layout was designed. DS FFIV wasn't so bad, it was mainly the remixed music that bugged.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 06:04:23 AM »
well.....here's an idea I had......
You play as a person who died a mysterious death and met the grim reaper.
The grim reaper wanted to have some fun so it made a contract with said man.
Now the man acts as a slave for grim reaper while seeking revenge.
But the man only faces sadness since due to grim's power he changes to a different person every time.
And kinda repeats getting close to people as different persons and end up losing them.
(hmm wait! why must it only be an idea when I can make it,heck if I only understood how to use the xas thingy though)

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 07:14:20 AM »
uncharted on the xbox

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 01:25:03 PM »
A medieval swordfighting game that depicts a war only seen and presented in movies like TLotR. Only, it won't be Good humans vs. Bad orcs/demons/whatever. It's a 3-5 way war (Like the Game of Thrones), every battle fought with a few hundred soldiers per side of the battle. Every individual soldier is difficult to kill and death is very imminent when surrounded by 3 or more.

The battle-system wouldn't be dependent on leveling up. Health won't regularly increase every level, neither would the attack power, defense and speed. Instead, it would be dependent on the skill of the player to block incoming attacks, evade every sword swings and know when to fight or flight.

The playstyle is also dependent on the player whether what kind of infantry his avatar would be. Greatswords offer large advantage over range and attack power, but lacks speed. Blocking with this type of weapon would happen far more than swinging it. Coupled with steel plates, the player would be a tank albeit a slow-moving one. Spears would be a tricky weapon to master. Even with its long range and quickness, the player must distance themselves away from enemies regularly, lest they render their weapons useless. A longsword + shield combo would be a common combination to use for its accessibility. However, what it achieves in balance suffers it from range. Archers are the hardest to master, but the most rewarding. They often miss their targets, but can instantly kill or incapitate when it hits. They are also armed with short swords or daggers. The leveling would be mostly required for the weapons' movesets, which are large in gap. Also, what you can do with your weapon, the enemy can do as well.

Depending on how well the player's character fares, he may directly or indirectly influence the army. He can position how many troops in a specific location, set up ambushes, rise morale when the player arrives at a specific location... pretty much what a high-ranking officer, might be able to do.

The game would also be open-world. The player may go anywhere as his heart desires, but unless he is a mercenary or with a mercenary band, this would greatly affect the war at hand. Like RDR, there would be random encounters from peasants, thieves, slave traders (that might affect you greatly) or just plain murderers. Unlike Skyrim, it won't be listed in your menu. It's either you help them or you don't. They're not patient people. It would be awesome if there's also game-changing random encounters such as a well-known exiled swordsman defecting to you or a dragon egg hatching with just you as a witness (thus, you being its surrogate parent). Anything will happen, basically.

Finally, the plot will be very flexible. Depending on the situation, every kingdom will have different events every playthrough. If X, Y, Z are beating up A, whose alliance with B is well-known, then B will have no choice but to surrender and defect. Also, the introduction will be depending on how the player wants it to be. He may start his journey with a horrible past of a slave and start the story of rising up on the social ladder or leaving his kingdom as an exiled prince in hopes of redemption or a mercenary leader of a band of 20 just finding wealth, treasure and lots and lots of whores. It all depends on the player.

If any company made this, I'd sell all my consoles and handhelds just to play this. Fuck, take my phone and TV too.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:29:03 PM by BloodcatNS » »

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »
A medieval swordfighting game that depicts a war only seen and presented in movies like TLotR. Only, it won't be Good humans vs. Bad orcs/demons/whatever. It's a 3-5 way war (Like the Game of Thrones), every battle fought with a few hundred soldiers per side of the battle. Every individual soldier is difficult to kill and death is very imminent when surrounded by 3 or more.

The battle-system wouldn't be dependent on leveling up. Health won't regularly increase every level, neither would the attack power, defense and speed. Instead, it would be dependent on the skill of the player to block incoming attacks, evade every sword swings and know when to fight or flight.

The playstyle is also dependent on the player whether what kind of infantry his avatar would be. Greatswords offer large advantage over range and attack power, but lacks speed. Blocking with this type of weapon would happen far more than swinging it. Coupled with steel plates, the player would be a tank albeit a slow-moving one. Spears would be a tricky weapon to master. Even with its long range and quickness, the player must distance themselves away from enemies regularly, lest they render their weapons useless. A longsword + shield combo would be a common combination to use for its accessibility. However, what it achieves in balance suffers it from range. Archers are the hardest to master, but the most rewarding. They often miss their targets, but can instantly kill or incapitate when it hits. They are also armed with short swords or daggers. The leveling would be mostly required for the weapons' movesets, which are large in gap. Also, what you can do with your weapon, the enemy can do as well.

Depending on how well the player's character fares, he may directly or indirectly influence the army. He can position how many troops in a specific location, set up ambushes, rise morale when the player arrives at a specific location... pretty much what a high-ranking officer, might be able to do.

The game would also be open-world. The player may go anywhere as his heart desires, but unless he is a mercenary or with a mercenary band, this would greatly affect the war at hand. Like RDR, there would be random encounters from peasants, thieves, slave traders (that might affect you greatly) or just plain murderers. Unlike Skyrim, it won't be listed in your menu. It's either you help them or you don't. They're not patient people. It would be awesome if there's also game-changing random encounters such as a well-known exiled swordsman defecting to you or a dragon egg hatching with just you as a witness (thus, you being its surrogate parent). Anything will happen, basically.

Finally, the plot will be very flexible. Depending on the situation, every kingdom will have different events every playthrough. If X, Y, Z are beating up A, whose alliance with B is well-known, then B will have no choice but to surrender and defect. Also, the introduction will be depending on how the player wants it to be. He may start his journey with a horrible past of a slave and start the story of rising up on the social ladder or leaving his kingdom as an exiled prince in hopes of redemption or a mercenary leader of a band of 20 just finding wealth, treasure and lots and lots of whores. It all depends on the player.

If any company made this, I'd sell all my consoles and handhelds just to play this. Fuck, take my phone and TV too.
War of the Roses is the closest game to this. I've played the beta and really liked it (Lances are more difficult to control than spears cuz horse)

Mount & Blade if you want the open world, kingdoms, mercenary stuff

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »
Dream Chronicles 6. PlayFirst shut down the series because they felt like it. KatGames nearly went bankrupt because their flagship series got canned.
And DC 5 was such a cliffhanger. : C Get on it BigFish Games.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 06:05:41 AM »
<snipped>

Mount and Blade V.1.011 with this mod probably.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal