Author Topic: RP Ideas Thread  (Read 25196 times)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Re: RP Ideas Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 01:53:01 PM »
So, I leave this here:

The Dice Roller plug-in is installed.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »
Would the Risk and Ease decisions not always give the expected results? Either positively or negatively? That would fit the "against-the-odds survival" theme.
The Risk and Ease decisions won't always garner the results that you desire. You choose what you believe is the best course of action and whether you survive or not is completely down to luck. Risk has a 25% chance of death, that never changes. Ease simply adds karma points which are the equivalent to 2% each. Upon entering a Redemption zone everyone regardless of Karma points will have a 5% chance of death, your Karma points add onto that.
However no matter what you choose, you'll have to face both options. Even if you did the Risk decision, you'll still need to pass by a Redemption Zone, however if you've been a good boy throughout the game then you'll only have to face a 5% chance each time. If you've been a particularly bad boy, then you'll face a much higher chance for skipping out on the risk.

It's just a constant gamble, though the ease decisions are much more of a gamble as the more times you choose it, the points you accumulate. It is indeed possible for you to have so many points that you have a 100% chance of death, though surviving that many Redemption zones is unlikely.

(I hope that made sense :P)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:37:23 PM by Mr.PowPow » »

Offline Apokura

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 79
    Defense: 68
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 6
  • What a horrible night to have a curse!
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2013, 01:46:47 AM »
So, are we getting Pow's RP? If we are, a suggestion: make it so the chance of dying isn't constant, but rather, something that comes up from time to time. Think of it as adding a "break room" between Risk/Ease decisions, and between Redemption Zones. That would serve two reasons: One, character development: that way, characters have more time to interact amongst themselves, revealing more of their personality, backstory, etc. Second, a system could be implemented to change the Risk chance of dying, and adding or subtracting Karma points, depending on character interaction. If one shows that he/she is truly sorry for what they did that led them to this "game" (well, I presume it's a "game" like in Saw, or in 999), their Karma points might be reduced to a certain extent, or their Risk chances could change, or something.
Plus, I think it'd be interesting to see if people would trust each other, or try to go through everything alone. A chance to split into teams, á la 999, would be very interesting.
OH! Also, when taking the Risk decision, there should be a chance to survive even if said character were bound to die. Be it by being successful in a challenge, or as a voting between the other members - something so the RP gets more exciting everytime!

Also, what happened to Toffee's RP? The magic one? I really hope it comes to life, but I don't have any ideas for it. D:

Anyway, if either of you decide to actually get a RP thread started, please write in this thread or PM me so I know it exists, since I often just click the "Show new replies to your posts" button when I get to Arpegi. xD

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2013, 02:13:20 AM »
Well the RP idea I made already exists as an RP, its in the RP section under the name of "Project Pillar".
Also I'll definitely take your ideas into account, I think it'll greatly benefit it in the long run :p

Offline Apokura

Attack Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 03:32:12 AM »
That's it, I've decided I'll make a new RP. I'll just have to work out the plot and settings, and I'll post the concept here when it's done, and possibly in the spam thread for attention. Also, Jonezy, how do you use the dice-rolling plug in?

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 03:44:00 AM »
I've decided not to pursue the PP RP, it'll just be another CM, I haven't the time to run an RP. If anyone wants to take it or rob some ideas from it, fine by me.

Also, I'm greatly interested in what you have in mind for you own rp Kura, I look forward to it.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 03:54:09 AM »

Offline Apokura

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 04:14:47 AM »
Ok, got a little idea here.
(click to show/hide)
Well, it will probably be a lot of trouble to manage due to the SPS, so if anyone is willing to co-manage it with me, it'd be great.
Plus, due to the fact that it'd be a lot of trouble, I won't make a OOC thread until I'm sure at least a few people are interested, or that someone who is able to manage having many characters will participate...Smash, I'm looking at you. xD

Plus if this doesn't work here I'd like to try it on another forum as well, but I really hope you guys like the concept, 'cuz I'm craving for RP.
Boy, that was a lot of text.

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 25
    Defense: 25
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 16
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 05:46:13 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Well, it will probably be a lot of trouble to manage due to the SPS, so if anyone is willing to co-manage it with me, it'd be great.
Plus, due to the fact that it'd be a lot of trouble, I won't make a OOC thread until I'm sure at least a few people are interested, or that someone who is able to manage having many characters will participate...Smash, I'm looking at you. xD

Plus if this doesn't work here I'd like to try it on another forum as well, but I really hope you guys like the concept, 'cuz I'm craving for RP.
By freedom, do you mean that I'll be able to not write in gigantic paragraphs detailing the inner machinations of my character's head? If so, I'm totally in.

Offline Apokura

Attack Member
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 06:42:55 AM »
(click to show/hide)

By freedom, do you mean that I'll be able to not write in gigantic paragraphs detailing the inner machinations of my character's head? If so, I'm totally in.
I was actually referring to the fact that in the original RP, you could have a lot of things happening at the same time to characters that had nothing really to do with each other, like demonic nekos fighting misplaced samurai.

But yeah, that works too. xD I'd like to keep the RP semi-literate though. Like, no need for giant paragraphs or anything, but it'd be nice to have 2-3  lines a post, ya know? But if it doesn't work out, and/or the majority asks for one-liners, well, we'll have it. I'd like to practise my writing on this, so I'll probably have big paragraphs anyway...xD

tl;dr no giant paragraphs, but if you could use things bigger than one-liners, that'd be great. xD Otherwise, one-liners are fine too.

Offline Sir Shota

Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »
(click to show/hide)

I was actually referring to the fact that in the original RP, you could have a lot of things happening at the same time to characters that had nothing really to do with each other, like demonic nekos fighting misplaced samurai.
You got major ballz for that comment, mate. Respect. And seems like your RP'll be more controlled from the get-go~ More respect~ But ah...just don't expect me in it~ Just pointing out my respect....

RESPECT! *guitar riff*

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 02:40:45 AM »
(click to show/hide)

But yeah, that works too. xD I'd like to keep the RP semi-literate though. Like, no need for giant paragraphs or anything, but it'd be nice to have 2-3  lines a post, ya know? But if it doesn't work out, and/or the majority asks for one-liners, well, we'll have it. I'd like to practise my writing on this, so I'll probably have big paragraphs anyway...xD

tl;dr no giant paragraphs, but if you could use things bigger than one-liners, that'd be great. xD Otherwise, one-liners are fine too.
I'm totally in!

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2013, 01:16:37 AM »
So, where are we on this idea?

Offline Apokura

Attack Member
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2013, 01:19:36 AM »
We're at the "It could happen if we manage to get more people" stage. I mean, so far, I'm aware that me and Muddy are up for it. If anything else is interested as well, we could make it happen like that.

Alternatively, we could chance some of the stuff a little; instead of the Souls being NPCs as I originally planned, we could make them PCs so we could have less people playing less characters. In fact, this idea even had my mind think of a two-people RP idea involving parallel worlds...but that's another story. :3

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2013, 01:29:06 AM »
Well I'll be honest, I doubt we'll get more people in the planning stage. Since we've yet to have an RP to fully lift off the ground and remain that way, I think people are a little in low spirits when it comes to this phase. I'd advise just starting and attracting attention that way, people may join in.

but that's just my belief :p

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2013, 01:34:06 AM »
Yeah, Powy's right. I bet that of we can get enough steam going, Smashy'll ought to join eventually.

Offline Apokura

Attack Member
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2013, 02:12:26 AM »
Well, all right~ But first, we should just make the final decisions here. Just wondering, is anyone any good in managing OOC threads? Because I'm not, at all. Mine always end up looking ugly.

Also, should the Souls be NPCs, or PC's? Once we have that settled, I can make the OOC thread.

Offline Caster no Mae

• Elite Member
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
  • Guru Guru Fluff~
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2013, 02:21:41 AM »
I am Only Good at thinking Scenario's

I can't Keep Stuff alive and standing~
Fufufufufu~
and I am also Unable to Stuff many Charecters at once cos my Brain can't handle it~ so I dunno to that either~

Fufufufufu~
Caster out~~ Fufufufu~

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2013, 02:25:52 AM »
I like the NPC idea more, it'll guarantee that the story will move forward. Sure, posting will take a bit longer because it'll depend on you, but I like the idea.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2013, 02:27:57 AM »
yeah, I'm with Muddy, NPC idea is good. If I have to do it then my head will go all flizzly-dee.

Offline Apokura

Attack Member
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 02:31:38 AM »
Well, all right. I'll make the OOC thread soon, then.

Before that, I was thinking of making all the Souls beforehand, but I'm now considering crafting souls specific to each character, as tht might be easier. Is that a good idea?

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2013, 11:21:04 PM »
I'm still really into my Final Fantasy Arpegi idea, for those who might want to continue it

Offline Sir Shota

Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 05:11:26 PM »
Yeah, Powy's right. I bet that of we can get enough steam going, Smashy'll ought to join eventually.

yeah, I'm with Muddy, NPC idea is good. If I have to do it then my head will go all flizzly-dee.
Yooooooo, Multiple NPC power takes willpower. It's either have me waste my time keeping track of everyone or try and focus on my schoolwork. And I'll take the latter with some sugar and cream, sweeties~

Well, all right. I'll make the OOC thread soon, then.

Before that, I was thinking of making all the Souls beforehand, but I'm now considering crafting souls specific to each character, as tht might be easier. Is that a good idea?
Oh, well, I guess if you guys are making NPCs, I want you all to check out

www.evernote.com

It's a good way to keep track of notes and stuff~

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 03:53:55 PM »
Anyone up for a post-apocalyptic zombie RP?

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013, 05:29:52 PM »
Sounds coo, I'm game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal