Chat > Debates

When is Trolling Ok?

(1/6) > >>

NekoBot:
When is it ok? Seriously, I wanna hear you guys :3

BloodcatNS:
When the victim's more of an ass than you are. Only stupider and more gullible. :3

Kiss x Miz:
When the word bullying doesn't come to mind

Mr.PowPow:
You'll always get a bias answer for this from the people who know a lot about it (by actually doing it), psychologically trolling is just asserting dominance over another person by forcing a reaction that you know is going to happen, or is your goal to make it happen. So in that sense its a natural human instinct, so in the evolutionary sense its completely fine and necessary. In which the same applies for bullying.

In the sense of society, its obviously going to be deemed deviant and wrong. Mostly by the victims of trolling. However since the line between trolling and bullying is rather thin, we're obviously going to have some sort of controversy here.

In my opinion, trolling is stupid and wrong, however I will admit that in the past I indulged in it simply to relieve stress. It's wrong but we do it anyway, because its instinctual. Though you'll find that those who are heavily socialized by society can restrain themselves, but these people tend to be -very- touchy and irrational, sometimes even illogical.

It's a necessary evil in this world, it won't go away. We just have to accept that it will always happen.

NekoBot:
Ok, so os there a.... helpful or positive trolling or is it all negative?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version