Author Topic: Covers which are better than the original.  (Read 4004 times)

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
Covers which are better than the original.
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:28:58 AM »
What the title says. Post covers of songs which you think are better than the original version.

Critique is welcome among our choices, flaming not.

e.g: "Really? I thought the original was way better. Why do you feel the cover is better?"

instead of

"Really? The original is way better you idiot. You have no taste in music."

k?

I'll start.

Original:

Cover:

Reason: What Trent did with the help of distorted guitars and other aids, Cash does solely with his voice. His broken voice was perfect in this song.

Original

Cover:

Reason: It's supposed to be a song about reflecting, dammit! That catchy tune doesn't belong there. But hey, at least they wrote the lyrics, which were damn good.

EDIT: I'm not usually a fan of songs which are just stripped down/slowed down, but for these two songs, the stripping down perfectly brought it to what it should have been.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:19:48 AM by FiST » »

Offline Joel16

• Intellectual Elite
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 98
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 8
  • Be lost in an eternal illusion.
      • Joel16's Projects
Re: Covers which are better than the original.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:59:02 PM »
What the title says. Post covers of songs which you think are better than the original version.

Critique is welcome among our choices, flaming not.

e.g: "Really? I thought the original was way better. Why do you feel the cover is better?"

instead of

"Really? The original is way better you idiot. You have no taste in music."

k?

I'll start.

Original:

Cover:

Reason: What Trent did with the help of distorted guitars and other aids, Cash does solely with his voice. His broken voice was perfect in this song.

Original

Cover:

Reason: It's supposed to be a song about reflecting, dammit! That catchy tune doesn't belong there. But hey, at least they wrote the lyrics, which were damn good.

EDIT: I'm not usually a fan of songs which are just stripped down/slowed down, but for these two songs, the stripping down perfectly brought it to what it should have been.

Mad World by Adam Lambert sounds quite better.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
Re: Covers which are better than the original.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 09:17:03 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal