Gaming > Retro Games

The PS2 Games Thread

(1/21) > >>

senpai_FisT:
You knew this was coming right after I posted that tidbit on the spam thread, so here it is.

Here we'll discuss about our favourite PS2 games and such. I figured this should in the Retro section since Sony discontinued PS2 production.

So starting off, do you know any game that doesn't really require a memory card? Something arcadey, like Mario Kart 64. I never had to save in that game but it was tons of fun.

Light:
Fighting games, racing games, and sports games technically don't need memory cards, since all you have to unlock are usually just stages/tracks and characters/cars/teams.

For fighting games I'd recommend Tekken, Soul Calibur, Bloody Roar, Dead or Alive, and Digimon Rumble Arena 2, for racing games there are Gran Turismo and Burnout, and I can only recommend Smackdown vs Raw for sports games since I don't really like most sports games in general...

Of course, playing with friends is what made them really fun for me, so YMMV.

senpai_FisT:
Thanks, I'll look into those. I've already made a list of games I'll acquire but most of 'em are RPGs, which I won't even bother to look at until I get a mem card.

A

NekoBot:
Oh god, a thread dedicated to the most commercially successful council ever? Oh jeez. Oh man, so many fantastic games... so many horrors of gaming too...

Of course many people will remember Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, resident evil 4, and many other high profile games. But there were so many hidden gems in the PS2 library that rarely get to see the light of day

O:\msg:
Oh boy, the PS2 library is probably the best of any console. I don't have time right now but I'm posting here so next time I log in I will know to come back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version