Author Topic: Crimson Moon: Angelus roleplay  (Read 140480 times)

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
Re: Crimson Moon: Angelus roleplay
« Reply #400 on: May 20, 2012, 03:27:32 AM »
"And what of your son? And Torah?"

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #401 on: May 20, 2012, 03:47:52 AM »
"My son?" Clarus asked. "H..he's been dead for years." He looked down. "I suppose you're familiar with the son of the man I appointed to lead the town guards, instead. He is often thought to be my son, considering our similar appearances." The old man sighed. "As an instigator of many incidents throughout the years, he will most likely get appropriate punishment from Torah, who may decide tomorrow to accept my offer to become the temporary head of the guard to train an entire new force and lead until he finds someone appropriate of the promotion." He laughed a little. "It's surprising, but that adventurer has the kind of values you want for a town guard. It saddens me that he, too, declined becoming a part of this town as the guard captain."

The young guard sighed behind them. "I'm too soft to captain a force." He muttered to himself.

Melodia looked around idly, not sure what she could add to the conversation.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #402 on: May 20, 2012, 04:33:48 AM »
"Melodia.... what about your relatives? Dont you want to bury them and say a few words?"

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »
Melodia nodded. "I...I didn't want to think about that..." She said quietly. "It...It makes me so mad that the people here would do that..."

"What do you mean 'bury them'? I attended their burial service years ago!" Clarus said.

"Th..there are two skeletons in my parents' house..." Melodia said, looking down.

Clarus glanced to the window that two guards were standing under on the floor below. "I can't believe this," He told them. "The town guard has been extremely evil toward a family I would say have all been very polite, very talented, and undeserving of such treatment." He put his hand on Melodia's shoulder. "Please allow me to attempt to correct this wrong by giving them the same burial that a king and queen would have gotten: buried in the finest of coffins, with their prized belongings." After a moment, he began to gesture toward the staff in her hand. "In addition...I believe that staff you don't think I noticed you carrying around may need to have its usability checked..."

Melodia looked at the staff. "Oh!" She exclaimed. "I...forgot I had it."

"Well, let's see... Have you tried summoning anything with it?" Clarus asked.

"I don't know how to summon anything..." Melodia replied.

Clarus laughed. "And I cannot summon anything at all," He said. "So I did not recieve the training. Let's just see if it is still able to assist in performing magic." He grabbed the normal quill off of his desk and punctured his own hand with it until the spot began to bleed a little. "Now, try to heal that with the staff."

"Uh.... Like this?" Melodia asked, waving the staff at the wound randomly. She gasped when it actually worked and healed it. "Holy moly! That's the first time I've done magic that's did anything!"

"It still works just fine, then," Clarus stated. "Now enough of my dawdling and inability to stay on one subject for long. Let's make haste to your parents' house and right the first wrong." He began to walk out. "Arle, no need to come with me this time," he called to the young guard, grabbing his overcoat from the rack by the door.

Melodia followed close behind, almost overran by the elderly man's energy.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #404 on: May 21, 2012, 03:44:22 PM »
Askardi sits down but stops by his horse, trusting the Count now, he sits next to his horse and takes out the Counts book, reading

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #405 on: May 21, 2012, 10:01:42 PM »
The count walked ouside and organized a few more than reluctant guards to go and prepare everything. He led Melodia around to various places until they were right at the door of the home. The old man slowly opened the door and walked inside to pull the blanket Torah had graciously laid over the two skeletons off. "This is the worst of all wrongs anyone could do to someone.." He muttered. "I greatly apologize to you both." He looked to some of the guards standing outside. "Well? Get your asses in here and start making up for what you caused all those years ago!" He yelled. "Get this poor couple onto the velvet blankets I had you carry!" He then walked outside. "Alright, place those coffins down and open them up. When the other men come out here, you help them get these two people into their coffins." He looked at some passing guards. "Oi! Get some cleaning tools and come clean up inside this house!" He yelled. After a moment, he sighed. "And after this, the only remaining guards will be the ones I had set to each guard post. The newer ones who had nothing to do with it." He muttered to himself.

Melodia stayed outside the entire time, not wanting to go inside at all for the moment. "H...how are you going to tell them apart?" She asked.

Clarus shook his head. "I don't know," He said. "That's why they're going to be buried next to each other, and share a gravestone. Remember the stonemason we went to? He's making the finest gravestone he can manage."

Melodia looked down, sniffling. "You barely even know me, but you're doing so much..." She said, her voice barely a whisper.

Clarus gave Melodia a small hug. "Your parents were the finest people I knew," The old man told her. "As their daughter, I can't bear to treat you any less than I treated them." He looked to the guards, who were now finished and just loafing around. "You know where to go with that, boys." He took Melodia and followed the guards with the coffins down to the graveyard to wait for the stonemason.

Melodia sat under a nearby tree and hugged her legs.

The book explained in great detail exactly how everything would possibly go down, from how you could tell which human was to be the sacrifice to how the human could avoid becoming this demon from the underworld. Some parts were definitely not for children; they were in excruciatingly realistic detail that told of various ways all human life and proof of it would be extinguished.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #406 on: May 21, 2012, 10:16:14 PM »
Askardi was ingrosed in his book, hungry to read more, but fearing he had naught the time

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »
Melodia watched as the stonemason came up with the new gravestone and everything was put into motion. After all was said and done, she walked back to Askardi just as Nom had flew up and settled down on the man's head. She was followed by the count.

Clarus sighed. "Do you truly have to go?" He asked.

Melodia nodded.

"Then I can't stop you." Clarus replied. "Your parents' home will be cleaned up properly and I'll make sure it'll be fit to live in if you return." He smiled. "And by then, I'm thinking that a few people might have some formal apologies."

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
when Nom landed on Askardis head he looked up to see the two coming. He put the book away into the satchel on his horse.

"I thank you Count. Its been an honor to have met you. I am in your debt for the book you gave me."

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2012, 11:34:30 PM »
The count nodded. "You're very welcome," He said. "It's been an honor to meet you, as well. It isn't often someone meets a person of a little-known race."

Melodia stayed a bit quiet, still clinging to that old staff.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2012, 11:38:11 PM »
"Indeed.... Are you ok Melodia?"

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #411 on: May 22, 2012, 01:29:04 AM »
"Yeah," Melodia replied. "Just...sad...I guess. Because of what happened to them..."

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #412 on: May 22, 2012, 02:15:29 PM »
"We cant change the past Melodia and at least now you know they weren't hated by everyone... Although this is unfortionate, you should be happy! Your parents shop is going to opoen again and they are being given the besdt burial serice. You have a home waiting for you when you come back. That, that right there, I dont have. You're very lucky to have what you have.... Even if this is a morbid thought...."

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #413 on: May 22, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Melodia nodded. "I guess I do..." She thought for a minute. "Oh! My knife." She pulled it out. "I was going to have it fixed..."

Clarus looked at the knife. "Looks handmade. It was probably decorative or used as a tool in medicine. Doesn't look very durable, just from the way it's broken."

"You know about knives?" Melodia asked.

The old man nodded. "My father was a smith when I was a child. He taught me everything he knew because he thought I was going into the family business." He replied. "I don't think these old hands and these old eyes would best repair it, however."

"What if it glows?" Melodia asked him.

"Now that's a different story. You'd need someone more skilled in magic than I." Clarus said. "A wandmaker, most likely. Don't go to the one that remained after your parents' closed, however. They refuse to work with this material for some reason."

Melodia frowned. "Then how am I supposed to get it fixed?" She asked. "Do it myself?"

"Not a bad idea," Clarus replied. "But I'm not sure how to do it."

"Okay," Melodia replied. "Thank you anyway." She smiled a little, putting the knife away. "I'll be right back." She ran back to the shop and borrowed something from one of the cleaning guards, and chipped off a good sized piece of the magic-reactive metal from the giant chunk on the table in the corner of that room, then ran back with it just poking out of one of her larger pouches. "All ready to go when you are."

"Have a safe journey," The count said to the two. "Come back to Sauril as much as you wish."

Melodia nodded. "I'll definitely be coming back." She noticed some old hag staring evilly at her. She blew a raspberry at the lady, who then started shouting about demon spawn and nagging to the count about 'THIS SPAWN OF HELL SHOULD BE DEAD I THOUGHT YOU KILLED IT YEARS AGO' and similar things. She looked oddly at Askardi as if to say 'What's her problem?'.

Clarus sighed. "I'll deal with this, then."

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #414 on: May 23, 2012, 03:08:04 AM »
Askardi's face grew dark and his tone turned darker as he looked at the lady. He said to Melodia, "Melodia, to ignore a devils call takes gots, to ignore and succeed is to have great inner strength, to ignore, succeed and to prove a devil wrong is the best victory." He looked at Melodia, "Lets shoot for the latter, no?"

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #415 on: May 23, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »
Melodia nodded. "Okay..." She replied. "But.....what's a devil's call?"

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #416 on: May 23, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
"A devils call..... Is a taunt from another human being with dark intent.... unless your meaning is literal.... nevermind, we best be off huh?"

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #417 on: May 24, 2012, 02:10:42 AM »
Melodia smiled at the lady. "Have a nice day!" She said, setting the old woman up to yell even further and get extremely agitated. She hadn't meant it to end up that way, and frowned at the woman's conduct. "I think I broke her a little more." She muttered to Askardi. "I thought being nice would fix her attitude.."

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #418 on: May 24, 2012, 04:32:18 AM »
"You cant change some people...."

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #419 on: May 24, 2012, 05:04:20 AM »
A voice came from behind them. "You can change anyone if you have a weapon," the voice said, a laugh following.

Melodia spun around and fell down. "Ah!" She cried. "You scared me, Torah!"

"I do that," Torah replied, moving out of the shadows. He looked them up and down. "So you two are leaving?"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 05:06:21 AM by CarolineJohnson » »

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #420 on: May 24, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »
"Yeah, we have to get back to our group, big things are happening Torah, big things"

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #421 on: May 24, 2012, 10:12:15 PM »
"Big things, eh?" Torah asked. "You're right about that. I was just praised by a group of kids for throwing the ex-head of the guard and his son in jail." He chuckled a little at the thought. "They thought I forged the count's letter because he's apparently bedridden." The man pointed to Clarus, who was leading the irate woman away. "If that were true, then he must sleep standing up."

Melodia laughed. "The count told us you could be the new captain." She said. "Are you gonna take the job?"

Torah shrugged, stopping to stretch a little. "It's nice." He replied. "Not a bad job. Just not as exciting as traveling."

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #422 on: May 25, 2012, 02:18:02 AM »
"Traveling? May I ask a question?"

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #423 on: May 25, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »
"Sure," Torah replied. "Go right ahead."

Melodia thought for a moment, her expression that of dumbfoundedness. "But you just did..." She muttered quietly in a voice so low the words would have been hard to hear even in a quiet room.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #424 on: May 25, 2012, 01:44:08 PM »
"Have you traveled in the Far North?"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal