Author Topic: My Little Pony Thread :3  (Read 6423 times)

Offline king_leo

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 94
    Defense: 93
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
My Little Pony Thread :3
« on: April 02, 2012, 02:27:06 AM »
Share / Talk about ponies here!

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Re: My Little Pony Thread :3
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 02:33:13 AM »
And all other MLP posts outside this thread will be removed.
So only spam this thread :3
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:59:57 AM by NekoJonez » »

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 25
    Defense: 25
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 16
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 03:49:15 AM »
Rainbow Dash> Everybody else.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:57:35 AM by Muddymaster » »

Offline Cupcake Fury

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »
LEO, YOU ARE MY NEW APPOINTED BRONY GENERAL, GO POST IN THE ARMY RP NOW :D

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 03:04:00 AM »

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »

You gonna love this muddy :3

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »

You gonna love this muddy :3
Ah...It's meh-ish...o-o

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »

Oh my gawd.....oh my gawd.....OH MY GAWD.....OHHHH MYYYYY GAAAWDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!
*rips the skin of my face*
OHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
I have no idea about what is going on in that pic, but it pleases my eyes.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 09:24:05 PM »
I have no idea about what is going on in that pic, but it pleases my eyes.
Its a parody of my favorite anime. Neon Genesis Evangelion

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
So does that make you a brony powpow? :P

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 11:20:29 PM »
Nah, I'm neutral to the whole thing. I like some of the Brony music like "TheLivingTombstone" music. Those are pretty good. But apart from that I really don't see the appeal. But the NGE parody was a nice kick :p

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »
TheLivingTombstone are awesome.
Still waiting for them to upload the bass cannon song and dubstep alarm clock from this video:

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 9
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 09:48:04 AM »
I like Luna Game.

Luna Game is the best part about My Little Pony.

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »
&feature=g-u-u
YESH
Finnaly, alarm clock song from epic wub time is out <3

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »

Bumpin this thread with a bit of random

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 08:27:23 PM »
they are jummy XD

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »

*Crys*

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 09:12:22 AM »
Have you guys heard about the lost My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode? It was originally called "Episode 2: Giggle at the Ghastly." In order to cover up the hole, producers broke up the hour-long series premiere and called the second half episode two. It was the work of a writer who suffered a nervous breakdown. She was immediately fired when management saw the script but, in the confusion of starting a new series, approving character and toy designs, etc., the script and some of the writer's own storyboards were sent to the animation studio in the Philippines.

Now, their English is perfectly fine when taking directions, but the animators did not know that the new show would be intended for a children's audience. This was the same studio that produces, for example, some Adult Swim shows, so the subject matter did not immediately send up warning signals to them. They managed to finish a rough cut of the episode and sent it back to the American producers before the problem was rediscovered.

The episode starts out innocently enough. The story centers around the character of Pinkie Pie, the show's goofy, whimsical, clownish character. She's recounting her past to her new friend, Twilight Sparkle. In typical Pinkie Pie fashion, the stories are tall tales filled with fantasy and illogical impossibilities. The episode itself is similar to that "Arthur" episode where Arthur and his friends are involved in a series of parodies of popular cartoons from the same time period. This episode also involved flashbacks as parodies of other cartoons. There's a Spongebob bit, complete with "sea ponies." There's a Samurai Jack Parody. There's a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends parody (the creator of MLP:FiM formerly worked as a writer for Foster's). After that, the subject matter completely turns.

It's still a parody, but it's completely inappropriate. The parody is of a scene from the Adult Swim show "Metalocalypse." The scene in particular is the one showing the character Murderface, as in an infant in a high chair, witnessing a murder/suicide when his father kills his mother and then himself with a chainsaw. The gag in the show is that the baby is completely oblivious to what's going on around him. The same basic setup occurred in this parody: It had Pinkie Pie, with a pair of wings, sitting outdoors in a high chair as the murder/suicide of her parents occurs. All of the violence is out frame, but based on the particularly gruesome sound effects and movement of Pinkie Pie's eyes, it seems toinvolve her father (an unnamed Pegasus) kicking her mother to death and then flying into the air and crashing to the ground.

The following scenes are no longer parodies of any other cartoons but, rather, the consequences of this particular scene. Pinkie Pie begins to age and realizes what caused the murder/suicide: her mother, an earth pony by the name of Apple Pie (of the same Apple family shown regularly in the series) broke the story's rigid caste system by marrying a pegasus. This caused them to be ostracized by the community, which lead to the father's breakdown. In later scenes, Pinkie Pie is adopted by her paternal grandmother.

From the perspective of the community, it appears the grandmother is trying to hide the past from Pinkie Pie. However, in secret, she's telling her everything that happened and is conditioning her for revenge. The antepentultimate scene of the episode is particularly disturbing. The community finds out what has been going on, takes Pinkie Pie from her grandmother, and amputates her wings (apparently without anasthesia). Pinkie Pie is crying and screaming in pain the whole time. The next scene is a take on that famous Clockwork Orange scene: Pinkie Pie is forced to watch a continuous loop of happy, cheerful pictures until she's completely forgotten everything. She's then placed in a foster home with Mr. and Ms. Cake, the town's bakers.

In the final scene, she snaps back to "reality" as Twilight Sparkle is calling her name. She had apparently drifted off before openly talking about the first gruesome scene. However, for a split second, she realizes that what she remembered actually happened. Her whole existence is a fraud and the entire town has been lying to her. One of her own best friends is actually her first cousin. In fact, it's possible the only person who wasn't involved in the conspiracy was her new friend, Twilight Sparkle. With only a second to think of something to say, Pinkie Pie smiles and makes a silly joke. She decides to continue with the lie for now.

The rough draft sent to the American producers was quickly destroyed. They also ordered the Filipino copy destroyed, though they've been unable to confirm they did so. There are a few holes in other episodes that they haven't completely patched up, too. For example, in the episode "Winter Wrap Up," Pinkie Pie is seen wearing a blue vest, which is strictly reserved for pegasus ponies. In another episode, Pinkie Pie confides in her friends that her grandmother taught her to "smile and laugh and be cheerful. It makes the horrors go away."

So, why does it have audio if only an American writer and Filipino animators worked on it? Apparently, some of the Filipinos worked on the audio themselves. While they are skilled Flash animators, the audio was entirely amateurish. It sounds as if it's recorded on an audio tape. The dialogue is mostly spoken by males with thick Filipino accents. The sound effects consist of things like slide whistles and coconut shells. Conversation and city sounds can be heard in the background. Still, two sound effects display an alarming degree of professionalism: the first is the sound of a woman being kicked to death. The second is the sound of a bone saw cutting through a limb while a young girl screams in pain.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:34:22 AM by CarolineJohnson » »

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 04:34:09 PM »
Wow...
Well there goes sleep for another night >.>

Offline CarolineJohnson

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Herpenderps
      • Creepy + Pasta
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 07:09:40 PM »
Oops, thanks for merging the thread with this one. Didn't know there was an MLP thread. Anyway, as an explanation for that post, it's the sole reason why Pinkie Pie is best pony.

Also, if it's not 100% true, then it's at least partially true due to this concept art of Pinkie Pie as a pegasus...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal