Chat > Debates

Are games an art?

(1/8) > >>

Mr.PowPow:
Ico and Shadows of the Colossus are two very underrated games. If I had to choose any game to win the debate of "Is gaming an art?" I would chose those two, they are very beautiful games. In looks and in story.
They are kind of well known, but not universally loved like they should be.

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: Mr.PowPow on May 02, 2012, 11:09:13 PM ---Ico and Shadows of the Colossus are two very underrated games. If I had to choose any game to win the debate of "Is gaming an art?" I would chose those two, they are very beautiful games. In looks and in story.

--- End quote ---
Yes gaming is an art. But it's more the graphics alone.

NekoBot:

--- Quote from: NekoJonez on May 03, 2012, 10:21:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mr.PowPow on May 02, 2012, 11:09:13 PM ---Ico and Shadows of the Colossus are two very underrated games. If I had to choose any game to win the debate of "Is gaming an art?" I would chose those two, they are very beautiful games. In looks and in story.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Final fantasy often makes great games shadowed...

Zer0 da Shadow:

--- End quote ---
Ico Most defiantly falls into these category, out of all the games i can think of it is the one that completly Fell under the raider in Last Gen gaming.

Also i see the Mother series being throw around alot and i must disagree with that. You Must remember that Mother 1 and 3 were never released in the US but had HUGE Critical Acclaim and popularity in Japan. When Earthbound came out it wasn't as popular (at the time) and stayed that way until titles like Final Fantasy VII made JRPG's mainstream. But now Earthbound has become pretty popular.

Mr.PowPow:

--- Quote from: NekoJonez on May 03, 2012, 10:21:37 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
You're implying that graphics alone make gaming an art? or make an artistic game? I must greatly disagree. Its what the game symbolizes and what its message is that makes it art. Sure the way the game looks plays an important factor, but its an equal balance of grace and beauty that makes it shine. I mean by those standards, the latest Final Fantasy's would be art due to their beautiful graphics and style, but sadly its story is lackluster and thats why the news ones will never be "Art". Play Ico and Shadow of the Colossus and you will understand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version