Author Topic: Pulling the cord = Assisted suicide? Euthanasia = acceptable?  (Read 5171 times)

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
This is an interesting (IMO) topic I saw on Austin's thread.

So do you consider pulling the plug as a form euthanasia, or simply accepting death.

Personally, I think it's the latter. There's no point in keeping yourself alive through some machine just to buy yourself a few months. After all, it's not MY ability that would keep me from dying. It would be the machine's. Pulling the cord would just mean fighting but without the aid of life support and dying a natural death.

And as a compliment to the topic, do you consider euthanasia acceptable?

Despite my statement earlier, no. I don't consider it to be acceptable. Not because it's "cowardly" or anything. But it simply means suicide or an unnatural cause of death. I prefer to die naturally, not matter how painful it might be. At least by then, I know I wouldn't kill myself out of desperation.

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
Re: Pulling the cord = Assisted suicide? Euthanasia = acceptable?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Man-died-skull-fractured/story-11952259-detail/story.html
My mate died after been murdered while we were all at a family party. His parents decided to pull the plug and it was the right decision imo, he would have never recovered. Even if he did he could have been a cabbage, that is worse than dying I think, I think it was right to let him go naturally.

I'm fine with assisted suicide too in certain situations. My dad is in so much pain he actually has a morphine pump inside him and his life is pretty crappy. At some point he won't be able to have any decent standard of living and that's the point I believe, with the agreeement of doctors, that it should be allowed.

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »
a morphine pump
Good times.. well.. actually not :/

Offline dark 5FVD

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 3
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 05:14:15 PM »
well it is just an acception of dead in my eyes. Because you can't keep fighting for you're life.

Offline iluvfupaburgers

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 91
    Defense: 93
    Attack Member
  • FUPA Luva
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »
i am in favor of euthanasia. why keep alive while being a vegetable? no point at all. my grandma died and was alive by machines. i suggested pulling the chord but its no legal to do that here

Offline shredc0re

• Mythical Member
  • Attack: 62
    Defense: 61
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 6
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »
well it is just an acception of dead in my eyes. Because you can't keep fighting for you're life.

I agree with BlindshoT on this one. The machine is keeping you alive, so it means you're not fighting. It means you already accepted death and gave up on fighting but the people around you didn't accept your death..

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
    Attack Member
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 04:54:23 PM »

I agree with BlindshoT on this one. The machine is keeping you alive, so it means you're not fighting. It means you already accepted death and gave up on fighting but the people around you didn't accept your death..
I believe your relatives are the ones who have the right to pull the plug. Or was it supposed to be a consensus? I dunno. All I know was both my uncle and his family wanted to pull the plug when my uncle was dying.

Offline shredc0re

• Mythical Member
  • Attack: 62
    Defense: 61
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 6
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
It was supposed to be consensus ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal