Author Topic: Anime VS: Yagami Light vs Lelouch le Lamperouge  (Read 8529 times)

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
Anime VS: Yagami Light vs Lelouch le Lamperouge
« on: June 23, 2012, 05:42:47 AM »
This is the first installment of the Arpegi VS series. In this we take two anime characters (who's powers/attributes are relatively similar) and debate who would could eliminate who, in a timed death match.

So here are the conditions:
- The world is set in neither of the characters worlds, thus eliminating any turf advantages and familiarity.
- It is set in a densely populated city, giving both characters leeway to use their powers of manipulation.
- Yagami has his death note, but no Shinigami to help him.
- Lelouch has his geass only, there is no knightmares, nor is there any help from CC or the rebellion forces.
- The time limit is a week
- Both characters may don their personas (Kira and Zero, respectively)
- Both characters initially start off on separate sides of the city
- Both characters have never seen each other before and only have a name to go by, Kira and Zero. Thus needing to deduce the identity before killing eachother.
- All the inhabitance of the city know of Kira and Zero, but do not know the true identity of either.

With all these conditions in mind, who do you think would win this battle of wits and land the killing blow?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 05:53:23 AM by Mr.PewPew » »

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
Re: Anime VS: Yagami Light vs Lelouch le Lamperouge
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »
Light

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »
If Lelouch wins, this is probably it:

Lelouch manipulates people through his charisma and his Geass, while Light manipulates people through fear and his death note (Albeit only for the span of 23 days.). It wouldn't be that hard for Lelouch to control the whole population with his assets. By the end of the week, he might have controlled the whole population against Kira already and have made another "Black Knights".

While Kira needs names, Lelouch only needs eye contact. Even with Shinigami eyes, it would be difficult to see Lelouch with that mask. How much more if Kira DOESN'T have the Shinigami eyes?

And once the two of them meet personally, Kira would have lost already.

If Kira wins, this is probably it:

It's true that within the span of 23 days, Kira can control a certain person. This is the most terrifying part of his power, what he write in the Death Note, WILL happen and there's no stopping it.

Here's the big drawback, he doesn't know anyone in the city except for local criminals and his only enemy always hides behind his mask. And of course, there are rules regarding what you can't write in the Death Note. That includes using someone else's death to kill another. Not only that, but he can't make someone do something impossible. Like having a random civillian instantly know Lelouch (or Zero) then reveal it to the city.

BLOOD'S VERDICT!!!!!!!:

Lelouch may be flamboyant in terms of his methods, but there's always something behind it. He's always vigilant and very hard to catch off-guard. Not only that, but his only weakness (Everyone related to him) is absent.

Kira's methods are very effective, but his restrictions on the Death Note will never leave him. He lacks the only power needed to effectively kill Zero, the Shinigami Eyes. That, and his ways to reach his goal are extremely costly, and he has to conserve as much "resources" (Criminals or people whose names he might have known.) if he wants to lay low or get the people's trust. With these much restrictions, Kira will surely lose.

WINNER: LELOUCH!

Feel free to debate on whatever content I've written here. I might have missed most of Kira's advantages.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:42:17 PM by BloodcatNS » »

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »
Light does indeed have the disadvantage of needing to know the face of his victim along with the name, two things that Lelouch would rarely let slip. However Lelouch needs to be close to his victim, enough for eye contact. Which means at some point during the week they will need to make some form of contact to further each other goals, if Light simply rushes in to figure out the face of his victim (he'd need to be pretty close to see the details of the face and remember them) the Lelouch could use the Geass on Light, provided that he knows that Light is the target. A fun way for him to die would be for Lelouch to command Light to write his own name in the Death Note xD
However, bearing in mind that Light has full control over a person before they die, Light need only find a way to obtain the names of a large portion of the inhabitance of the city, writing their names in the death note and adding the detail "goes on killing spree before finally killing him/herself". If Lelouch manages to actually survive such an onslaught then its more likely that Lelouch would have the upperhand, possibly using his Geass on the survivors, deducing that it was one of them that caused it.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
Light need only find a way to obtain the names of a large portion of the inhabitance of the city

This is where I think Light would have problems, especially since the time limit is just a week. Without access to the police's database, I don't think he'd be able to gather enough names and faces through normal means in time.

Also, Lelouch would be able to pull off the killing spree a lot easier than Light, considering all he needs is eye contact.

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »
"goes on killing spree before finally killing him/herself"
The Death Note restricts the user to use a victim as a medium to kill other people. So yeah, there's huge barricade on Kira's way. :\

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »
Light is smart enough to come with a plan elaborate enough to keep himself "on a safe distance" and the mask is a giveaway. He will be able to manipulate people into creating a moment where Lelouch has to take off his mask or his mask is taken off by someone else. The problem is: If Lelouch finds out a name is needed to be killed, he will never give his name to anyone and will use aliases. Unless Light makes the trade for the shinigami eyes after Lelouch found out. Making him base a strategy on the fact he needs a name when he actually doesn't. (but by seeing his face ofc...)

I'd still go for Light. He has a huge advantage with nobody knowing him and there being so many people around him in the city.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
The Death Note restricts the user to use a victim as a medium to kill other people. So yeah, there's huge barricade on Kira's way. :\
Ah yeah, I forgot bout that.
And as Light (member) said, Lelouch could pull it off much easier, just a simple command of "kill everyone you lay your eyes on, except for me". Just do it on about a dozen people around the city and it should work out nicely, unless Kira goes into hiding in a building or something.

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 05:32:36 PM »
Light is smart enough to come with a plan elaborate enough to keep himself "on a safe distance" and the mask is a giveaway.
The mask is also a great way to the identity. Think of it as L, but being more public and more manipulative of the masses.

He will be able to manipulate people into creating a moment where Lelouch has to take off his mask or his mask is taken off by someone else.
Provided that Light knows the people inside the city that he doesn't know about.

The problem is: If Lelouch finds out a name is needed to be killed, he will never give his name to anyone and will use aliases.
Lelouch uses an alias from the beginning.

Unless Light makes the trade for the shinigami eyes after Lelouch found out. Making him base a strategy on the fact he needs a name when he actually doesn't. (but by seeing his face ofc...)
He doesn't have a Shinigami to trade eyes with. That's the big big big problem.

I'd still go for Light. He has a huge advantage with nobody knowing him and there being so many people around him in the city.
... So does Lelouch.

Ah yeah, I forgot bout that.
And as Light (member) said, Lelouch could pull it off much easier, just a simple command of "kill everyone you lay your eyes on, except for me". Just do it on about a dozen people around the city and it should work out nicely, unless Kira goes into hiding in a building or something.
I'd like to think of Lelouch making an army out of the whole city and hunting Kira down. :P

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 05:44:28 PM »
What I'm wondering is, if Lelouch had cast a geass on a person, then Light wrote their name in the death note at some point afterwards. Would the Death note still work? Both powers are manipulative but which would take priority?
And that goes for if the Death note was used first, and the Geass was used after.

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
I'm guessing the Death Note will take effect first. After all, Light can write that a person was Geassed before s/he committed suicide.

That's another advantage Light has.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 05:49:39 PM »
After all, Light can write that a person was Geassed before s/he committed suicide.

Light would need to know about the existence of Geass in the first place for that to work.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »
After all, Light can write that a person was Geassed before s/he committed suicide.

Light would need to know about the existence of Geass in the first place for that to work.
Which means he would need to witness it in action, I mean a Geass isn't something you can easily deduce, you'd need to actually see it happen. A person looking someone in the eyes and then instantly falling under their command.
However, he'd need to see it but still be far away enough not to get caught.

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 05:55:13 PM »

Good point. :\
There wouldn't be any clues regarding the existence of Geass or Death Note.

But still, the Death Note's effects will most likely take effect. The Geass is simply a change of the state of mind. The Death Note can change fates.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »
Another thing to note is that although Yagami is debatably more intelligent, he does have a strong weakness of not being able to keep his cool in tight situations.
(click to show/hide)
....whereas Lelouch can keep his calm even in the toughest of situations, in the rare times he is stumped, he quickly figures out a way to either fight is way out or retreat and collect his thoughts.
Though, one thing that goes in Kira favor is his complete and utter lack of empathy, Kira cares for no-one and everyone is nothing more than a person under judgement, under his heavy hand of justice. Whereas Lelouch has been noted to be weak at times, feeling remorse for his actions....something that Kira has never felt.
This could mean that Kira would act with little hesitation to put the people in harms way in order to further his goal of killing Lelouch, however Lelouch might use this to persuade the people to rebel against Kira.

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 02:14:20 AM »
Another thing to note is that although Yagami is debatably more intelligent, he does have a strong weakness of not being able to keep his cool in tight situations.
(click to show/hide)
....whereas Lelouch can keep his calm even in the toughest of situations, in the rare times he is stumped, he quickly figures out a way to either fight is way out or retreat and collect his thoughts.
Though, one thing that goes in Kira favor is his complete and utter lack of empathy, Kira cares for no-one and everyone is nothing more than a person under judgement, under his heavy hand of justice. Whereas Lelouch has been noted to be weak at times, feeling remorse for his actions....something that Kira has never felt.
This could mean that Kira would act with little hesitation to put the people in harms way in order to further his goal of killing Lelouch, however Lelouch might use this to persuade the people to rebel against Kira.

Another thing

(click to show/hide)

So yeah.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 02:20:51 AM »
I thought lelouche became some immortal thing. I didn't watch it but my friend told me...

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 03:23:26 AM »
I thought lelouche became some immortal thing. I didn't watch it but my friend told me...
No, thats nothing more than speculation. There is no solid evidence to support that.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 03:41:22 AM »
Oh just like how that one unknown shinigami is supposedly light?

Anyways. Lelouch is from which anime? I'm interested :3

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 04:23:10 AM »
Oh just like how that one unknown shinigami is supposedly light?
The scene wasn't canon. The manga didn't have that scene.

Anyways. Lelouch is from which anime? I'm interested :3
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 04:35:08 AM »
It looks like Lelouch as the upperhand here, most are going in his favor~

(btw, who would be interested in me doing more of these?)

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 04:37:47 AM »
It's highly likely neither will be dead within the time limit.

Offline BloodcatNS

Attack Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 04:42:16 AM »
It's highly likely neither will be dead within the time limit.
No, but if Lelouch were to Geass every people in the city, he might have made Light one of his minions.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 04:47:27 AM »
I doubt he'd be able to get to Light in time, considering the time limit and the fact that they live in opposite sides of the city. Although it would depend on how big the city is and what exactly is in it, I guess.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
    Attack Member
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 04:48:45 AM »
(btw, who would be interested in me doing more of these?)
moi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal