Chat > Debates

The Nuclear Bombs in 1945

(1/2) > >>

senpai_FisT:
Little Boy and Fat Man. Were they necessary?

Mr.PowPow:
depends what exactly you mean by "necessary".

Kiss x Miz:

--- Quote from: FiST on September 12, 2012, 02:32:40 AM ---Little Boy and Fat Man. Were they necessary?

--- End quote ---
I don't know what else would've broken the solid morale and pride of Japan.
The US army isn't the pinnacle of fair warfare. But if they were, they would've lost the war.

Mr.PowPow:
Ah right, well if we are talking about it from a tactical point of view rather than philosophical, then I would have to say it probably wasn't really necessary. I doubt the Hiroshima bombing would have happened if it weren't for the Japanese royally pissing off the entire US through Pearl Harbor. The Americans really took that event to heart and I wouldn't be surprised if the entire bombing was just a way of getting revenge, rather than it being a tactical move to aid the war effort.

Even with Italy and Germany's backing, Japan wouldn't have been able to match the combined might of Britain, Russia and America (the latter two being the world's military superpower and also both royally pissed off). Though I believe that Russia (by Russia, I am referring to the Red Army resistance) was more inclined towards Germany's defeat. Japan also wouldn't have had the resources to hold out longer than its enemies either.

Kiss x Miz:

--- Quote from: The Pow on September 12, 2012, 02:54:05 AM ---Ah right, well if we are talking about it from a tactical point of view rather than philosophical, then I would have to say it probably wasn't really necessary. I doubt the Hiroshima bombing would have happened if it weren't for the Japanese royally pissing off the entire US through Pearl Harbor. The Americans really took that event to heart and I wouldn't be surprised if the entire bombing was just a way of getting revenge, rather than it being a tactical move to aid the war effort.

Even with Italy and Germany's backing, Japan wouldn't have been able to match the combined might of Britain, Russia and America (the latter two being the world's military superpower and also both royally pissed off). Though I believe that Russia (by Russia, I am referring to the Red Army resistance) was more inclined towards Germany's defeat. Japan also wouldn't have had the resources to hold out longer than its enemies either.

--- End quote ---
Japan was too proud to give up even when outnumbered. And they still controlled a large part of China, so when it came to resources, they didn't have any problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version