Author Topic: The Nuclear Bombs in 1945  (Read 4661 times)

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
The Nuclear Bombs in 1945
« on: September 12, 2012, 02:32:40 AM »
Little Boy and Fat Man. Were they necessary?

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
Re: The Nuclear Bombs in 1945
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 02:39:33 AM »
depends what exactly you mean by "necessary".

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 02:40:34 AM »
Little Boy and Fat Man. Were they necessary?
I don't know what else would've broken the solid morale and pride of Japan.
The US army isn't the pinnacle of fair warfare. But if they were, they would've lost the war.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 02:54:05 AM »
Ah right, well if we are talking about it from a tactical point of view rather than philosophical, then I would have to say it probably wasn't really necessary. I doubt the Hiroshima bombing would have happened if it weren't for the Japanese royally pissing off the entire US through Pearl Harbor. The Americans really took that event to heart and I wouldn't be surprised if the entire bombing was just a way of getting revenge, rather than it being a tactical move to aid the war effort.

Even with Italy and Germany's backing, Japan wouldn't have been able to match the combined might of Britain, Russia and America (the latter two being the world's military superpower and also both royally pissed off). Though I believe that Russia (by Russia, I am referring to the Red Army resistance) was more inclined towards Germany's defeat. Japan also wouldn't have had the resources to hold out longer than its enemies either.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:10:22 AM by The Pow » »

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 04:55:00 AM »
Ah right, well if we are talking about it from a tactical point of view rather than philosophical, then I would have to say it probably wasn't really necessary. I doubt the Hiroshima bombing would have happened if it weren't for the Japanese royally pissing off the entire US through Pearl Harbor. The Americans really took that event to heart and I wouldn't be surprised if the entire bombing was just a way of getting revenge, rather than it being a tactical move to aid the war effort.

Even with Italy and Germany's backing, Japan wouldn't have been able to match the combined might of Britain, Russia and America (the latter two being the world's military superpower and also both royally pissed off). Though I believe that Russia (by Russia, I am referring to the Red Army resistance) was more inclined towards Germany's defeat. Japan also wouldn't have had the resources to hold out longer than its enemies either.
Japan was too proud to give up even when outnumbered. And they still controlled a large part of China, so when it came to resources, they didn't have any problems.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 04:58:33 AM »
So it was either sepuku en masse or the bombs?

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 05:00:39 AM »
So it was either sepuku en masse or the bombs?
I assume they thought the Americans were bluffing if they were even informed of the bombs.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 01:59:16 PM »
And they still controlled a large part of China, so when it came to resources, they didn't have any problems.
I think even with China, they still wouldn't have had enough to outlast America, especially since they were also wasting resources trying to maintain control over China, well, the parts that they actually seized control over. The battles fought within China during its invasion period, from the Chinese resistance provided a thorn in the heel of Japan. In fact, the Chinese tactic was to actually drag out the resistance for as long as possible in order to cause resource strain on Japan, one battle even lasted 3 months.

So if anything the the occupation of China is irrelevant, the resources gained from China were just as quickly lost during its time fighting the resistance and also maintaining regulated attacks on America. They simply had too much to accomplish with limited resources, they didn't have enough lol

However I will admit that the Japanese military was heavily patriotic, then again stubborn might be a more fitting word.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:05:59 PM by The Pow » »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal