Creative > Creations

Creative Writing

(1/2) > >>

Toffee:
Since I know most of the people here know how to write up a good story, I decided that there should be a place where people can showcase their creative writing masterpieces to others.

(click to show/hide) “Haaaah…”

I close my eyes and breathe out a sigh as I let the hot waters wash across my face and run down to the rest of my 5”11’, 175 lb. frame.

The toneless “sssshhhhhh” of the shower drones on as I stand motionless, alone, and naked in my bathroom. I hang my head and let the waters wash over me as my mind becomes flooded with the usual voices and questions;

Who am I?
Why am I here?
Am I really alive?
You’re all alone…
All alone…
Sadness…
Sadness…
Madness…
Really?
Really.
Who are you?
Who am I?
Why?
Why?
Who are you?
Who am I?
Who am I?
Who?
WHO?
WHO!?

“Stop…”

I utter a single word and lift my head. The calming hot spray has turned into a chilling torrent. I get out of the stall and look at the clock. 30 minutes. I’ve spent 30 minutes in the bathroom already. It seemed longer.

That's just the opening paragraph for this little descriptive narrative of my life and my emotional turmoil. So? What do you guys think? I was aiming for something that would immediately grab the reader's attention.

Noob:
Very... descriptive. O.o

NekoJonez:
For my writing you should visit my DevaintART. I have been writing, creating stories, characters and their place to live in for 15 years now... So, please enjoy the RP I work on too :3

http://jonezjea.deviantart.com/

NekoJonez:
(click to show/hide)"Is it power you desire?" He asked. Jonez's look to the villain was a glare far beyond scary. "Power…?" He asked again.

"Yes. I am way more powerful then you ever can dream of getting." The villain grinned. His voice was not even sarcastic. He was bloody serious. Angry for the cuts that Jonez inflicted upon him. Ready to kill him … just for that bruised knee.

"Don't make me laugh. You are just another idiot that thinks he is THE next leader of the dimension we live in." Jonez's heroic look was one to be afraid of. Some criminals even gave up just by looking to Jonez's face when he spoke his heroic words.

Jonez Denuro is a hero like none other. He himself has his fair share of crimes like murder or not giving a criminal a fair trial… But it didn't matter to him. If his family, friends and home were safe in the long run… Then his job was done as a hero. His face, rich with short cut brown hair, blue eyes and a rather casual nose and mouth... didn't make him look heroic at all. In fact, if you look at Jonez… He looks more like a proud warrior… Ready to go to battle for his lord…

But now he didn't start battling for his lord… also not for himself. He went to this battle with one sole intention... Killing the one guy that was attacking his home… Corrupting his family with lies… Setting his friends up against him and almost breaking his marriage by enlarging one girl's love hunger for him.

Jonez sets himself in his battle stand and taunted the criminal. "It's easy isn't it…? Trying to get power beyond your own belief. It's foolish... Ridiculous... Idiotic and … brainless."  He said with raising his sword in the air, not caring that he was open for being attacked for a moment.

The villain… named Alex was standing there… Holding his laugh in. His red colored eyes, somewhat longer black hair… The body of a gladiator and the face of a shaved loin… Made some heroes run for their money. Alex is a smart guy. He is weaker then Jonez… but thanks to his various tricks… He easily can defeat a lord if he wants to.

"It's not all about power. It's about justice Jonez. Justice… Which hasn't been served yet. But you stopped them… From delivering the right punishment to them." said Alex with an angry look on his face. He has set himself also in his battle pose. Ready to strike. His long blade… Full with blood of the wounds he inflicted on Jonez.

Jonez's blade… was no ordinary blade. It's a blade of a Demi-God. Alex's blade is just a casual looking blade you see in those Middle Ages television shows… the ones that a normal knight wares. But Jonez's blade has a fancy design… A finishing look that clearly shows that his sword is one out of millions. Or billions.

"Justice?" Jonez asked with a displeasing tone. "You call… what you did… justice?"

"Yes…" Alex quickly replied "… Yes, how are you going to call it else?"

"Not that…" Jonez replied and gave that angry heroic glare to Alex. "… I call it… lies… deceit and corruption."

"Uhmp…" Alex didn't know what to say. Jonez always had a reply ready, no matter what he tried to say to justify his actions. In Alex's eyes, he did nothing wrong. He tried to get the dimension Jonez was living in… getting back on their traditional roots. According to him, demons shouldn't help heroic creatures and angels like Jonez… And heroes and angels shouldn't help demons.

But Jonez wasn't a pureblood hero anymore. He has chosen himself to become a hybrid. A special hybrid. One that combined the three races of the dimension he lived in. Jonez had the pureness of a hero... of an angel. He has the playfulness and the strength of the demons… But he has the personality and the care of a hybrid.  He even made up a name for it… Demeroic Hybrid.

"I don't understand you Alex… Tricking people in a false sense of security … just because they look promising for your future plans." Jonez shouted… For the first time in years… He shouted against his opponent. Something he rarely does. Jonez was losing his cool… Putting himself in danger for another enemy. An enemy that could take over his body when Jonez was angry or in deep rage. That enemy feeds on his rage and becomes even more powerful.

"Let me tell you this. In the long run… It's each man for themselves. No matter how you look at it… It's each man or woman for themselves. Even when you bound yourself with friendship or marriage. When you are under big attack… Your instincts get the better of you and then those bounds mean nothing… You start thinking…" Alex said nothing for a moment. "… What if I die…? All those people will miss me… so that's why you carry on… And see those friends around you… dying… one by one… And then you start blaming others for not protecting enough." Alex looked Jonez deep in the eyes, trying to pierce into his soul.

"What?" Jonez replied. "You don't have to continue. Since you only see your allies as tools to get your own goals… You… UGH."

"Finally… got you. What do you have to say pathetic excuse of a hero?" Alex smiles … and laughs devilishly.

"…" Jonez just stood there. Saying nothing. The wind made his scarf move. "…"

"Hahaha… You call yourself a Legendary Hero?" Alex kept laughing.

"…."

"What's wrong...? Swallowed your tongue? Lost the ability to speak?"

"No."

"What is the issue then?"

"I just don't have a proper reply to such foolishness and idiotic claims."

"…" Alex's thoughts got blurry. Jonez did it again. He had another reply ready to shut him up. Alex didn't want to go deeper… Since he knew well enough what Jonez was trying to say.

Alex and Jonez dashed to one and other… And the fight continued… Using their magic, swordsman skills and various techniques to try to finally finished what they started in their childhood… a silly argument about who was allowed to take a treasure home……
Jonez vs Alex. Something that I wrote out of pure boredom :3

DevaintART version

Sir Shota:
I have not really posted here, but I've got something that has been stored in my vault for quite a while.

(click to show/hide)
This was a new life...of me. After that whole trek through my inner nightmares a while back, I was ready to rest...but after dad died it was way too stressful. He was the only one that cared for me after mom died. I can't even concentrate on ANYTHING without experiencing my recurring headaches. I couldn't do anything about it. I was alone, scared, and I needed help. But then something strange happened to me. Something.......even stranger than what I went through that other time. I wonder...could it be those headaches that caused it?
Well, it started a few months after dad died. My headaches were getting worse. I didn't know what was causing them. It wasn't that woman...Claudia, was it? Because I know she was dead. I made sure of it. As I laid to rest one night, I knew something was wrong. My head hurt even worse, and I think I fell to sleep quicker than any other day. Then, what happened next was what was going to be a sweet dream, or a terrifying nightmare.

I felt like I had awaken from a good night's sleep. It was strange. The sky was...different. It looked as if ithe clouds took on a different shape than usual. Even the sun had taken on the same shape. I stood up, confused and dazed, and greeted by the face of....a cow. It stared at me for a good minute before it started hopping away. Wait. Hopping away? No way. and even worse, it was the same shape as the sun and clouds. Then I took a look around me. I was stuck on an island. I immediately panicked. I knew I couldn't swim, so there was no way I was able to take off. But then I realized, this was a dream. Anything could have been possible If I imagined it. So then I took a running start into the water and started feeling funny. My limbs wouldn't move, yet my body started moving forward, bobbing up and down as I traveled toward a strange area. That's when I realized. I was in an obscure, cubic dimension in which I cannot get out of. In all the excitement I forgot to look at myself. I looked at my hands and saw that they were blocks as well. Then I went to the nearby body of water to take a good look at myself. I was horrified.

This dream was getting unreal, and I was starting to get angry at myself. I punched a nearby tree in my rage, then discovered that it cracked. I looked at it, then the crack was gone, right before my eyes. I started to strike it multiple times before it broke, producing mini blocks of wood. I wasn't sure of it, but I might have been able to make some firewood for the upcoming night. I gathered some more wood, and I started to scout for an area to set it up. I then thought about the high winds, which was stupid, because I thought there wouldn't be any. But I didn't care. I had to at least set up some shelter first, so I approached what I thought represented a hill. I started to create a wide enough hole so I can enter and exit as I pleased. I was satisfied with the results so far. Next, I wondered what to do about the firewood, but I couldn't concentrate because I started having a headache. I tried to pull myself together, but I heard.....some voice...
"Heather..."

I was sure it called my name, but then I couldn't hear it again. So then I stared at the wood I gathered up, then looked at my watch. It was 1 PM, so I had plenty of time to think. I can't really explain what happened next, but I found some kind of board in my pocket. It had the word, 'Crafting' engraved on it. I was confused, but then I placed one of my blocks of wood on on of the squares. To the right of the board, I saw....planks. I grabbed them, then the wood disappeared. I felt a little inventive, so I grabbed half of the wood in my stack, then got all the planks I could muster. I looked at the board, then thought about combinations. I placed one plank in each square, then saw a new block. This one was a little more like my board, but with even more squares and some tools, somewhat like a workbench. I took it out, then placed it somewhere cozy in my shelter, then looked at my new board. I placed the wood in two of the three columns I could work with, and it spawned a door. Perfect. I placed the door in the empty space in my wall, then returned to my workbench. I took the planks, then started to combine some more, creating sticks, but I still wasn't getting anywhere. I looked at the wood, wondering if I could make anything to make some room in my shelter, plus find some new materials along the way. with a little guessing, I managed to create a pick-axe. It looked as if it weren't durable enough, since it was made out of wood, but then I made about two more so I could have enough to live off of. I looked at my watch again and, much to my horror, it was 5 PM already. I was even more confused than before, but I couldn't worry about that now. I had to figure out how I could survive tonight. But it was getting to be more and more difficult due to a headache. They were starting to annoy me more and more.

"Heather..."
"Who are you???"
"Your conscience."
"Are you the one causing all of my headaches?"
"Yes. Do you want to know why?"
"AH!!! Yes, yes! Just tell me, quick!"
"In this dimension, you will need a gratuitous amount of help. You're weak and very much vulnerable here. You also have little knowledge of what you're doing."
"But...this is a dream, right?"
"Wrong. This is reality. It's hard to explain right now, but I have to help you right now."
"With what I have to do right now, correct?"'
"Yes."

I was still confused about what was happening right now. Who is she? I knew this wasn't my conscience because I always thought that was supposed to supply me with what would happen with whatever I do. But I think I should just go through with what she says right now.

"So, what am I supposed to do now?"
"You have to be able to defend yourself every night. You must create a weapon. but not out of wood. It's weak. Try and utilize some of that stone near you. You'll make it easier for yourself that way."

I still wasn't sure about this. But I did what she said anyway. What i had wielded was a stone blade, and it looked sharp enough to cut through the foes I was about to face. I was ready.

"Take a look outside at what you're going up against."

I felt nervous. It was 12 Midnight. I motioned out the door and made sure to close it behind me. Then I looked in awe. There were two green creatures making hissing sounds. It sent shivers down my spine. But I gathered up the courage to go and fight. This was my territory. And mine to defend it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version