Chat > Debates

The Nuclear Bombs in 1945

<< < (2/2)

senpai_FisT:
So it was either sepuku en masse or the bombs?

Kiss x Miz:

--- Quote from: FiST on September 12, 2012, 04:58:33 AM ---So it was either sepuku en masse or the bombs?

--- End quote ---
I assume they thought the Americans were bluffing if they were even informed of the bombs.

Mr.PowPow:

--- Quote from: Mizari on September 12, 2012, 04:55:00 AM ---And they still controlled a large part of China, so when it came to resources, they didn't have any problems.

--- End quote ---
I think even with China, they still wouldn't have had enough to outlast America, especially since they were also wasting resources trying to maintain control over China, well, the parts that they actually seized control over. The battles fought within China during its invasion period, from the Chinese resistance provided a thorn in the heel of Japan. In fact, the Chinese tactic was to actually drag out the resistance for as long as possible in order to cause resource strain on Japan, one battle even lasted 3 months.

So if anything the the occupation of China is irrelevant, the resources gained from China were just as quickly lost during its time fighting the resistance and also maintaining regulated attacks on America. They simply had too much to accomplish with limited resources, they didn't have enough lol

However I will admit that the Japanese military was heavily patriotic, then again stubborn might be a more fitting word.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version