Chat > Hobbies and entertainment

Writing.

(1/6) > >>

NekoJonez:
Well, I had a blog.. I still have but I am letting it die because I want to integrate it into Arpegi.
Anyways...

http://jonezjea.deviantart.com/

I can't draw but I am writing stories since I was 6-7 years old. So, for more then 13 years now... I wrote stories... and I love to RP.

So, how do you guys like to write stories, poems and other things like that?

TyranBrûlée:
i used to love writing poetry but ive become more accustomed to details, i often write up small stories in my friends notebooks for pure entertainment

shredc0re:
I write alot of different stuff actually.. lyrics, poetry, short storys, etc..

(click to show/hide)my body is just a vessel,
in which I don't belong.
I don't know what brought me here,
or where that I come from.

O:\msg:
I can't write very well, I can't put exactly what I mean into words, it never comes out right.

Light:
This is a story I made for an assignment for school. It's mostly just dialogue, but hey I got a B+ for it. Sorry for the bad formatting, by the way.

(click to show/hide)
--- Quote ---“Ow! Stop it!” I pleaded. “Hah! What does it matter to you, huh? You have that ugly tough body to hide under.” exclaimed Butterfly while throwing rocks at me. “Yeah, you don’t feel anything!” added Dragonfly as he buzzed around me mockingly. “Ouch! Please!” I pleaded again. I knew there was no stopping them, but I had to try, at least. “You’re just a creepy little centipede, why should we listen to you, huh?” asked Dragonfly. He picked up a rather sharp-looking rock and started to throw it towards me. “Stop, don’t throw that one!” I yelled. I started panicking, and, well, did what all centipedes do when they panic. They suddenly stopped. “Aw man!” Butterfly yelled. “He rolled into a ball again.” “What a wimp,” said Dragonfly as he dropped the sharp-looking rock onto the ground. “Looks like we’ll have to come back again tomorrow, Dragonfly,” said Butterfly disappointingly. “Alright then, you’d better get ready for another beating tomorrow, you stupid centipede!” Dragonfly threatened as he and Butterfly flew away triumphantly. I didn’t react to their words. I was still curled up on the ground, having a panic attack.

After an hour or two, I got over it and uncurled myself. I wish I could stand up for myself, I thought. After cleaning myself up a little, I crawled into my small home and licked my wounds, so to speak. What am I going to do? They’re just going to keep on coming back until I do something about it, I thought to myself. It was getting quite late. The full moon bathed my surroundings in a pale light. The trees shook as a small gust of wind blew. I could hear a lot of crickets chirping in the background. I decided to take a walk around the forest, maybe find some leaves to eat as well. They don’t taste very good but I’ve been eating them for years now, so I’m used to it. It wasn’t long after my decision that I found something unusual, something that wasn’t usually there. It was a big hole in the ground and something was inside it. I took a peak, and saw a big hairy spider. He looked really menacing and scary. I was already about to run away when he suddenly turned to me and said, “Why, hello there!” with a calm, deep voice. I was frozen with fear and didn’t say anything. He must have sensed my fear because he chuckled and said, “Hey now, there’s no need to be afraid of me. Just because I look scary doesn’t mean I am scary.” I managed to choke out a few words. “I-I see. Well, it’s uhm, nice to meet you, Mr. Spider, s-sir.” “Hahaha! There’s no need to be so formal!” he replied. “We’re both respectable predators after all! Call me Tarantula,” he continued. Wait, did he say predator? I’ve never eaten a single piece of meat in my life, I thought. How can I be a predator? I had to ask him. “But I’m not a predator! I’ve never eaten any meat before,” I told him. “What? How can that be?” Tarantula asked, looking puzzled. “Surely, all centipedes eat meat, no?” he asked again. “Well, not me. I could never catch anything with these short legs of mine, even the ones on the front which are longer,” I said, showing him my legs. He looked at them for a while, and started laughing. “Hahaha! Those aren’t legs, my friend. They’re antennae!” he exclaimed. “Antennae? What are those for?” I asked. “They’re for sensing your surroundings. How can you not know what your own antennae are for?” he asked again. “I had to grow up by myself, no one was there when I opened my eyes for the first time,” I explained. “So does that mean I’m supposed to eat meat, Mr. Tarantula?” I added. “Please, just call me Tarantula, without the mister. And yes, as far as I know, all centipedes are predators. Apparently, vegetables have almost no use in your digestive system,” he explained. “Also, you aren’t supposed to catch your prey, you’re supposed to bite them!” he added. “Bite them? Really?” I asked, looking a bit worried. “Yes! What else do you think those jaws of yours are for?” “Uhm, chewing leaves?” I asked again sheepishly. Tarantula laughed again. “My friend, you really are an odd one,” he said. “If you don’t mind me asking, how do you know so much about centipedes, Tarantula? Aren’t you a spider?” I asked him. “Well, I used to be friends with a centipede, you see. Unfortunately, after a large flood a few years ago, I had to move and never saw him again,” he explained with a slightly sad look on his face. “Oh… I’m sorry to hear that,” I said, apologizing to him. “It’s alright, I might be able to meet him again someday,” he said reassuringly. “Would you like me to teach you about your kind? Think of it as a gift from your new neighbor!” he asked suddenly. “Of course! I’d really like that!” I exclaimed. Maybe I can finally find a way to stop those horrible bullies from picking on me anymore! “Then come with me into my hole. It’s getting a bit chilly out here,” he said, walking towards his hole in the ground. “Alright then, it is actually a bit cold, now that I think about it,” I replied as I crawled into Tarantula’s hole.

It was a little tight, but I managed to squeeze inside. “Are you alright?” Tarantula asked me. “Yeah, I’m fine. I can’t really move though. It’s a bit sticky in here for some reason,” I told him. “Ah, I’m sorry. I just moved so I haven’t had time to clean up all my webs,” he explained. “How are your wounds? Are you still feeling sore?” he asked again. “A little bit, but I’ll manage,” I said. Wait a second. Something isn’t right. How did he know about my wounds? “I see. That’s good then,” he said, his tone strangely unnerving. He suddenly closed the entrance to his hole and looked at me, straight into my eyes, smiling an unnerving smile. “Wouldn’t want those bullies to hurt you anymore, right?” he asked. “B-But I haven’t told you anything about those bullies,” I said while on the verge of panicking. “Oh, I know,” he replied. “They told me about you,” he added while unraveling a rather large ball of web next to him. He unraveled and unraveled and unraveled it, until I eventually saw the horrible sight that was beneath the ball of web. It was the shriveled husks of Butterfly and Dragonfly, a permanent expression of sheer terror on their faces. I screamed and tried to curl into a ball, but the web around me made it too hard to move. Tarantula chuckled evilly. “I was lucky enough to catch these two earlier today. They were so easily interrogated. They told me everything I wanted to know,” he said. “No! No! This can’t be!” I shouted. “That’s right! They told me all about you, in exchange for letting them go, of course,” he explained. “But you ate them! How could you?! Even after they told you what you wanted!” I said to him. “I lied, obviously. Just like the way I lied to you,” he said calmly, like it was nothing. “I was never friends with a centipede,” he added. “The real reason why I know so much about centipedes is because I eat them! After all, a predator has to know a lot about his prey, or else he’ll never be able to catch them,” he explained once more while slowly making his way towards me. “No! Stay away from me! GET AWAY!” I screamed and struggled, but to no avail. He just smiled and laughed as he got closer and closer. “Yes, that’s it. Shout and scream and struggle. The best prey always goes out with a bang!” he exclaimed. He was right in front of me, looking directly into my eyes. I closed them, expecting the worse to happen, and waited. But nothing seemed to happen. I opened my eyes and saw that he wasn’t there anymore. He just… disappeared. I let out a sigh of relief.
But then I heard a voice. “Bon Appétit.”
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version