Chat > Debates

Do you think that some gamehost websites and companies game reviews are bought?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Muffin:
I've heard of a case where a reviewer gave Sonic 06 and 8/10. And another one where a person was threatened to give Shadow the Hedgehog a good score. Also, the Nintendo side of IGN isn't that bad, I think. Don't really know about the other parts, though.

Mr.PowPow:
I seriously don't think this occurs, or at least not as frequently as people would like to believe. The argument "the scores don't add up" is silly because the review in itself is subjective anyway, its normally only one persons opinion and regardless of whether or not he/she is experienced in gaming the opinion will always have an element of bias in it. One reason why I couldn't give a damn about reviews, unless its for comedy or entertainment purposes.

O:\msg:
Definitely. And it's been going on since I was reading Megadrive and Amiga magazines in the early 90's at least. Many old reviewers have spoken out about it.

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: msg on May 20, 2013, 08:13:47 PM ---Definitely. And it's been going on since I was reading Megadrive and Amiga magazines in the early 90's at least. Many old reviewers have spoken out about it.

--- End quote ---
+1. I can't agree more here.

Mr.PowPow:
For all you know they could have just "spoken out" in order to promote themselves, easy publicity no matter whether its true or not. Evidence man, where's the evidence? (that's me asking for the names of these chaps)
Maybe a small amount of reviewers have been paid off, to rule it out completely would be foolhardy, but to imply its a frequent practice is a big accusation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version