Help & Support > Site

Thoughts of disabling GIFs as avatars / sigs.

(1/7) > >>

NekoJonez:
Since it slows down the site for some people I am thinking of disabling or not allowing gifs and such in signatures and as avatars...

It would be too bad but before I make a new rule or do stuff against it in the admin board... what do you guys think... Does this idea get a green or a red light..

Mr.PowPow:
But couldn't said people who find themselves loading pages for a while just.....disable sigs from their view? That way it doesn't affect others~

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: Nega-Pow on April 18, 2012, 06:08:15 PM ---But couldn't said people who find themselves loading pages for a while just.....disable sigs from their view? That way it doesn't affect others~

--- End quote ---
True...
So, better maybe no animated avatars?

dark 5FVD:
well i don't think that if i'm the only one with this prob it may be because of my pc or safari. so if only i have this prob i sugsest that you just keep it like that.

Light:
Animated avatars don't usually have a large file-size, so I don' think they'd be too much of a problem. If you want, couldn't you just add a rule that avatars and/or signatures can't be over a certain file-size?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version